Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings 4 Devils 1 Final

Buffalo lost, Detroit move up in standings. 7th best odds in the draft lottery.

Didn't think I would get as emotional as I did watching this game. Went to many games over the years, and I will probably regret not getting to one more this year. So many great memories were made in that building, and FSD did a great job putting together that final broadcast. Steve Yzerman's game 7 double OT goal in 96 vs St Louis is still one of my most vivid childhood memories. I will get chills watching that highlight until the day I die.

So long to a classic. LCA will hopefully provide us with many more.

Didn't think I would get as emotional as I did watching this game. Went to many games over the years, and I will probably regret not getting to one more this year. So many great memories were made in that building, and FSD did a great job putting together that final broadcast. Steve Yzerman's game 7 double OT goal in 96 vs St Louis is still one of my most vivid childhood memories. I will get chills watching that highlight until the day I die.

So long to a classic. LCA will hopefully provide us with many more.

I know I am getting entional listening to everyone.

It's very hard to win a Cup. No other franchise accomplished that much in the same timespan. The Blackhawks are approaching that level maybe but they were crap all through the mid 90s and early 2000s.

Last edited:
I guess I was thinking from the time the playoff streak started instead of when JLA opened. Certainly in the 80s you had the Oilers and Islanders that were right up there too.

Zetterberg was only Red Wings on the top 100 scoring list for this season.

68 points was tied for 24th with Pavelski, think technically, Pavelski has tie breaker of fewer games.

Only 7 players had 82+ points this season.

2.77 goals per game/team was the highest average since 2009-10, although, it hasn't fluctuated in a statistically significant way during that span.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/stats.html

Zetterberg was only Red Wings on the top 100 scoring list for this season.

68 points was tied for 24th with Pavelski, think technically, Pavelski has tie breaker of fewer games.

Only 7 players had 82+ points this season.

2.77 goals per game/team was the highest average since 2009-10, although, it hasn't fluctuated in a statistically significant way during that span.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/stats.html

Man I remember when 82 points for the stars of the league was laughable.

Back