Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kaiser Wilhem II crazy USA invasion plans

Quite an ambitious plan indeed. Germany's crave for colonies was a primary reason for their support of the Boers during the Boer Wars against the British empire.

That being said, it is quite common for militaries to make war plans even if they never expect to use them. For example, the Schlieffen Plan of invading France was made decades before it was used. I'll let you in on a little secret, von Schlieffen was quite dead by the time the war started. Also the French knew the contents of the plan since at least the previous decade.

Another example are the US plans to invade Canada. The latest publically known planning occurred in the late 1930s. Key phrase is publically known. I'd be surprised of newer plans don't exist especially since the nature of warfare has changed significantly and such planning has very limited cost involved.

There are many reasons for making plans like this. Having a war plan, even a bad one, is better than having no plan at all. It is a common exercise to train military commanders in strategic thought. Asses the strengths and weaknesses of yourself and opponent, be it in troops, equipment, position, resources etc.

I love how the author believes Cuba was independent as a puppet of USA.

It would be pretty damn hard. Any invading force has to: 1) defeat what has - since the 1930's - been the most powerful navy in the world; 2) achieve air superiority over the invasion site; 3) transport an army over an entire ocean; 4) continuously supply and reinforce that army until the US gives up or surrenders.

I don't think any country has even had the capacity to do that since the Civil War.

Red Dawn was such a dumb movie.

Quite an ambitious plan indeed. Germany's crave for colonies was a primary reason for their support of the Boers during the Boer Wars against the British empire.

That being said, it is quite common for militaries to make war plans even if they never expect to use them. For example, the Schlieffen Plan of invading France was made decades before it was used. I'll let you in on a little secret, von Schlieffen was quite dead by the time the war started. Also the French knew the contents of the plan since at least the previous decade.

Another example are the US plans to invade Canada. The latest publically known planning occurred in the late 1930s. Key phrase is publically known. I'd be surprised of newer plans don't exist especially since the nature of warfare has changed significantly and such planning has very limited cost involved.

There are many reasons for making plans like this. Having a war plan, even a bad one, is better than having no plan at all. It is a common exercise to train military commanders in strategic thought. Asses the strengths and weaknesses of yourself and opponent, be it in troops, equipment, position, resources etc.

I love how the author believes Cuba was independent as a puppet of USA.

I agree with you totally. There just plans right ? I am sure Trump has many first strike nuclear plans in the planning stage lol..

Back