Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Roger Ailes

byco42

Drudge reporting that he has died. Saw it on a retweet on my Twitter feed.

yeah.

not that I ever wish someone would die, but slide this one into the "we're better off without him" file.

I have a better off without him file as well but will save it from when they kick the bucket. There are very few people on my do not RIP list. very very few.

I have a better off without him file as well but will save it from when they kick the bucket. There are very few people on my do not RIP list. very very few.

I have a huge better off without list.

Everyone of them is going to get there.

yeah.

not that I ever wish someone would die, but slide this one into the "we're better off without him" file.

Like ... you can immediately and palpably feel the improvement? Better outlook on life? That sort of thing? One less person you disagree with off the planet is beneficial to you personally?

Like ... you can immediately and palpably feel the improvement? Better outlook on life? That sort of thing? One less person you disagree with off the planet is beneficial to you personally?

when a sleazy guy who pushed extreme right wing propaganda and politics for decades that benefitted a select few of a particular social class at the expense of the greater good, who was also a racist, serial sexual harasser and possible rapist dies I consider that beneficial to the rest of humanity, myself included.

certainly this is something any sensible person would agree with, no?

I'm sure there are more than a few women who over the years worked for Fox and Ailes and who are not saddened by the news.

when a sleazy guy who pushed extreme right wing propaganda and politics for decades that benefitted a select few of a particular social class at the expense of the greater good, who was also a racist, serial sexual harasser and possible rapist dies I consider that beneficial to the rest of humanity, myself included.

certainly this is something any sensible person would agree with, no?

You do not have the capacity to possibly know what the overall impact that any individual person has or does not have on the world. That you think you do is hubris concentrated in a one-ounce bottle. That goes for Hitler as much as it does for Ailes or the most benign, non-descript person who ever lived.

But ... let's say you can, I mean, you have the crystal ball: Why then, wait for them to die? If the world would be better off without people like these, let's just kill 'em all now. Make the world a better place, I say, one objectionable person at a time.

And which part is the most egregious to you? I mean, the latter part of your rant describes an ex-president.

You do not have the capacity to possibly know what the overall impact that any individual person has or does not have on the world. That you think you do is hubris concentrated in a one-ounce bottle. That goes for Hitler as much as it does for Ailes or the most benign, non-descript person who ever lived.

But ... let's say you can, I mean, you have the crystal ball: Why then, wait for them to die? If the world would be better off without people like these, let's just kill 'em all now. Make the world a better place, I say, one objectionable person at a time.

And which part is the most egregious to you? I mean, the latter part of your rant describes an ex-president.

During the Republican primaries, Jeb Bush said that if he could, he would go back in time and kill baby Hitler.

I found that comforting; I would have voted for Bush had he made it to the California primary for that alone.

How many people did this powerful piece of work really hurt? So many people he probably harassed, fired, explioted, abused. Hard to feel bad for a guy like this at all. I guess someone loved him somewhere but he is a perfect example of how he abused power to hurt other people.

Last edited:
How many people did this powerful piece of work really hurt? So many people he probably harassed, fired, explioted, abused. Hard ro feel bad for a guy like this at all. I guess someone loved him somewhere but he is a perfect example of how he abused power to hurt other people.

He is a perfect example of everything he was or did, for better or for worse.

But so is everybody else.

During the Republican primaries, Jeb Bush said that if he could, he would go back in time and kill baby Hitler.

I found that comforting; I would have voted for Bush had he made it to the California primary for that alone.

Jeb might have accomplished the same end by going back in time and killing his own great-grandfather.

Back