Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump's Budget

Not sure where they're going with this.. They say they're trying to weed* out people who shouldn't be on one of these programs. But I don't think there's a plan, who determines this.. I listened to the one press conference and not sure I'm happy about what I hear.. I'm disabled, collect disability and I'm on Medicare.. So this hit's a bit close to home.

Not sure this is just Trump, or the GOP congress etc.. But they better not fuck this up for me.

Last edited:
You and me both Mitch. You are impacted with that part of this potential budget, I COULD potentially be slammed by the PSLF elimination.

As per usual, all this does is ensure big tax breaks for the wealthy and tack on massive amounts of money in things that are on the bottom of the ladder in terms of importance (military spending, border wall).

Well Trump promised that the American Health Care Act would cover everybody, and more efficiently than the Affordable Care Act did.

Now we know Medicaid was expanded under the ACA, so I'm wondering what Trump is thinking will replace Medicaid under his healthcare act.

Not sure where they're going with this.. They say they're trying to weed* out people who shouldn't be on one of these programs. But I don't think there's a plan, who determines this.. I listened to the one press conference and not sure I'm happy about what I hear.. I'm disabled, collect disability and I'm on Medicare.. So this hit's a bit close to home.

Not sure this is just Trump, or the GOP congress etc.. But they better not fuck this up for me.

Well the report indicates that Medicare and Social Security won't be affected.

I'm going to guess that this would also apply to people who are collecting Social Security and Medicare early as a result of disability.

Oh so NOW there's a problem with trump...

Well the report indicates that Medicare and Social Security won't be affected.

I'm going to guess that this would also apply to people who are collecting Social Security and Medicare early as a result of disability.

Not sure. A reporter asked about SSD and he basically said they need to weed out people who shouldn't be on it? Who determines - reporter asked, he skirted the question.

So I worry.

Not sure. A reporter asked about SSD and he basically said they need to weed out people who shouldn't be on it? Who determines - reporter asked, he skirted the question.

So I worry.

There are already supposed to be safeguards in place to prevent people who aren't really eligible from qualifying.

There are already supposed to be safeguards in place to prevent people who aren't really eligible from qualifying.

They do, but one of their safeguards is denying a huge % on first request for no other reason than someone at the top said to do it that way.

I didn't read the budget report though just the news conference.

They do, but one of their safeguards is denying a huge % on first request for no other reason than someone at the top said to do it that way.

I didn't read the budget report though just the news conference.

Well since you've already made your first request you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Well since you've already made your first request you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I understand.. I've been getting SSD for some time.. But the SSD system has many flaws. After being denied you need to go get a lawyer and see a judge. Unfortunately people don't know that.. So they say shit, and move in with their cousin.

Dumb Paul Ryan came on and said they will not touch SSD, and Medicare. Hopefully that's true.

Mv8WF1c.png

^^^^ Certainly this poster "WhatweHad" does not think that abortion targets small children. I bet she's the paragon of reason and virtue.

^^^^ Certainly this poster "WhatweHad" does not think that abortion targets small children. I bet she's the paragon of reason and virtue.

she's pro-choice? Fuck her!

I am now 100% IN FAVOR of cutting all benefits like medicaid and food stamps to poor single mothers! Let them die! Shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place!

she's pro-choice? Fuck her!

I am now 100% in favor of cutting all benefits like medicaid and food stamps to poor single mothers! Let them die! Shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place!

#strawman

Back