Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump's Budget

and bringing up someone's views on access to abortion... branding those that do not wish to see it re-criminalized as somehow being in favor of babies dying ... is not?

Can't stand on the sidelines on this one. The tweeter specified the reference to "targeting small children" ... and if abortion does not do that, it does not even exist. It is a criminal act; there is just no law against it anymore. You are a special strain of mitigator on this issue. You oppose it; you think it should be legal and you deride those who recognize if for what it is: the scourge of the world.

Can't stand on the sidelines on this one. The tweeter specified the reference to "targeting small children" ... and if abortion does not do that, it does not even exist. It is a criminal act; there is just no law against it anymore. You are a special strain of mitigator on this issue. You oppose it; you think it should be legal and you deride those who recognize if for what it is: the scourge of the world.

how is it the scourge of the world?

right now, given the environmental destruction wrought, the scourge of the world is mankind itself.

and abortion targets a fetus... not a small child.

how is it the scourge of the world?
55,000,000 and counting precious souls killed in the womb in the US since 1973

right now, given the environmental destruction wrought, the scourge of the world is mankind itself.

and abortion targets a fetus... not a small child.

It's all part of the same scourge, and you can call it what you want, but the nature of the developing child is unchanged.

55,000,000 and counting precious souls killed in the womb in the US since 1973

It's all part of the same scourge, and you can call it what you want, but the nature of the developing child is unchanged.

I have yet to find any evidence that souls exist nor that they are 'precious'. Hence the number of precious souls killed is 0!

I have yet to find any evidence that souls exist nor that they are 'precious'. Hence the number of precious souls killed is 0!

That's the genius with hiding behind religion. Facts and proof need not apply therefore they can't be proven 'wrong'. Any sane person would find it silly to assume their opinions should be broadly applied to everyone in the world. But if you don't need facts or proof, who needs sanity?

Not sure where they're going with this.. They say they're trying to weed* out people who shouldn't be on one of these programs. But I don't think there's a plan, who determines this.. I listened to the one press conference and not sure I'm happy about what I hear.. I'm disabled, collect disability and I'm on Medicare.. So this hit's a bit close to home.

Not sure this is just Trump, or the GOP congress etc.. But they better not fuck this up for me.

This effects me and my sister too. It worries me to.

Faith is a gift you can accept or reject like any other. Evidentiary exercises are insufficient to come to that realization. It requires ... faith.

she's pro-choice? Fuck her!

I am now 100% IN FAVOR of cutting all benefits like medicaid and food stamps to poor single mothers! Let them die! Shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place!

Don't want to start World War III here, but thought I would point out, that the proposed cuts are to the normal increases that would exist in proposed budgets from Congress. Still a cut to the person receiving as their cost is going up, but it certainly isn't completely stopping all benefits.

Looking at individual programs, it is misleading to state that spending on Medicaid programs will be cut. The new budget proposes to increase federal Medicaid spending from $378 billion a year today to $524 billion a year in 2027.

The fundamental problem is that special interests are addicted to the rising path of spending. Altering this path by increasing spending at a slower rate always opens budget makers to extraordinary attacks.

Some other programs that are similarly described as cuts will also increase. Consider, for example, the Department of Agriculture's Child Nutrition Programs. The program had outlays of $23 billion in 2017, and President Trump has proposed for spending to rise to $34 billion in 2027, a 47% increase. True, this is less than the $29 billion increase that Congress has allocated. But it is still an increase.

I'm just saying . . .

Last edited:
Back