Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matt Asiata agrees to one-year deal with Detroit Lions

Do we keep five true running backs now. We kept 4 and a full back last year. Room for Zenner, Washington (or Green) and Asiata now

Or keep just 4 RBs and keep 3 QBs on the roster or an extra CB or safety

I have a feeling we carry 3 qb's. Jake is the back up but I don't think they would be able to stash Kaya (spelling?) on the practice squad

I have a feeling we carry 3 qb's. Jake is the back up but I don't think they would be able to stash Kaya (spelling?) on the practice squad

Not too sure he wouldn't be safe on the PS. He was drafted pretty late after all. That means 32 teams passed on him multiple times.

Last edited:
Not too sure he wouldn't be safe on the PS. He was drafted pretty late after all. That means 32 teams passed on him multiple times.

I don't think having 3 qbs on the active roster is a bad idea. We've been fortunate the last 7 years that Matt has stayed healthy.

You might be right but if he does make the team then they're thinking the same thing.

I don't think having 3 qbs on the active roster is a bad idea. We've been fortunate the last 7 years that Matt has stayed healthy.

I agree. I get nervous when there is only two QBs on the roster. Maybe I have seen Any Given Sunday a few too many times (yes, I have) but as soon as the backup QB comes in, I am hoping our kicker knows how to throw a football.

I prefer three on the roster. I am just not sure they are that worried about losing Brad Kaaya. There are a few options out there, like Kaepernick, with experience, and a few undrafted guys who are ranked right up there with Kaaya. Not sure anyone is that excited about a guy that has to stay on the 53 man roster to keep him.

I agree. I get nervous when there is only two QBs on the roster. Maybe I have seen Any Given Sunday a few too many times (yes, I have) but as soon as the backup QB comes in, I am hoping our kicker knows how to throw a football.

I prefer three on the roster. I am just not sure they are that worried about losing Brad Kaaya. There are a few options out there, like Kaepernick, with experience, and a few undrafted guys who are ranked right up there with Kaaya. Not sure anyone is that excited about a guy that has to stay on the 53 man roster to keep him.

Kaepernick had his best chance, Seattle. The perfect offense for him, and a starter who could go down any minute - unless they fixed their OL. Take away all his other shit, and he's not much of a QB. And to be honest everyone always says if Matt goes down we're in trouble so lets go with unknown young guys.. Maybe we have another Dax .. I'm tired of backup QB's that are just here because they're a vet and have experience holding a clipboard.

Same with Rudock last yr as mentioned. Kaaya would be snatched up in seconds. This kid is projected to be an NFL starter one day. Lions play their cards right, they can unload him for a pick down the road...

Maybe I have seen Any Given Sunday a few too many times (yes, I have) but as soon as the backup QB comes in, I am hoping our kicker knows how to throw a football.

Lol, yep I'm the same way.

Free Press is guessing Matt Asiata will not make the team..

You have Riddick and Abdullah as locks. 2 guys coming off injury. Youre hopeful Riddick can return to being a spark in the passing game. Abdullah you hope he can stay healthy one of these years and we can see what we have once/if hes out on the field consistent. You probably carry 2-3 more backs depending on your ST need. Washington, Zenner, Greene and Asiata fighting for the spots.

Personally, id carry Asiata and Greene. Move on without Washington and Zenner.

Last edited:
You have Riddick and Abdullah as locks. 2 guys coming off injury. Youre hopeful Riddick can return to being a spark in the passing game. Abdullah you hope he can stay healthy one of these years and we can see what we have once/if hes out on the field consistent. You probably carry 2-3 more backs depending on your ST need. Washington, Zenner, Greene and Asiata fighting for the spots.

Personally, id carry Asiata and Greene. Move on without Washington and Zenner.

I believe Caldwell says "Zenner is improving.." So that's probably an indication he stays..

Back