Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tiger Woods arrested on Suspicion of DUI

He'll get off with a slap, they always do.

Even Chelios had his thrown out of court by the judge citing lack of probable cause to pull him over.

TW claims that his meds were the cause of his predicament. I'll take him at his word. But driving at 0300? Why? Where?

just read that he was found asleep at the wheel and he blew a 0.0

That contradicts everything I've heard reported. He was driving and pulled over, he was belligerent and he refused the breathalyzer test all together, according to every report I've heard.

That contradicts everything I've heard reported. He was driving and pulled over, he was belligerent and he refused the breathalyzer test all together, according to every report I've heard.

Tiger Woods needed to be woken up by an officer as his Mercedes was found stopped on a Florida roadway early Monday morning, before he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to court and police records.

"It should be noted (that) Woods was asleep at the wheel and had to be woken up" the arresting officer said in the police report. "The vehicle was running and the brake lights were illuminated as well as the right blinker flashing."

A breath alcohol test administered showed no signs of alcohol in Woods' system, as he blew a 0.00. A urine sample was collected.

Woods failed a field sobriety test after his vehicle was found ?stopped on the roadway in the right-hand lane and right shoulder? at 2:03 a.m. Monday in Jupiter, Fla. Woods was cited for improper parking/stopping, along with the driving under the influence citation.

Woods was described as being "sluggish, sleepy" with "extremely slow and slurred speech" by the arresting officer.

"Woods stated he didn't know where he was," the officer wrote. "Woods changed his story of where he was going and where he was coming from. Woods asked how far he was from his house."

Woods told the officer he "takes several prescriptions."

Police asked Woods to recite the alphabet backwards several times, and Woods responded at one point, "yes, recite entire national anthem backwards." He eventually completed the task but failed other components of the field sobriety test, including walking on a straight line.

?Could not maintain starting position," the officer wrote. "Missed heel to toe each time. Stepped off the line several times.?

I hoped I never get stopped at any time. Not sure I could walk a straight line and do a heel to toe tap. I'd probably fall on my ass.

What's the source for that?

I just saw on yahoo a report that he was found asleep.

Here are two reports that he refused a breathalyzer test:

NY Post

Crime On Line.

New York Post also claims he was driving at the time he was pulled over; driving erratically, very different than being found asleep.

So somewhat conflicting reports here.

Last edited:
What's the source for that?

yahoo

same story being reported elsewhere within the past few hours. Prior to that there were many different reports flying around....the early reports may have been more rumors. This one seems to be quoted directly from the actual arrest report

Not sure why the media hasn't raised possibility that Tiger is addicted to pain killers, perhaps. Wouldn't be the first athlete, battling back problems, surgeries and age.

Instead seems to be insinuation about alcohol & reporting of breathalyzer.

Prescription opioids and pain killers are the new 'nothing to see here'

Not sure why the media hasn't raised possibility that Tiger is addicted to pain killers, perhaps. Wouldn't be the first athlete, battling back problems, surgeries and age.

Instead seems to be insinuation about alcohol & reporting of breathalyzer.

Prescription opioids and pain killers are the new 'nothing to see here'

Drew Pinsky is hugely critical of how available the medical profession makes highly addictive opioids.

I think Woods may be addicted to Ambien, too.

Pills cause some whacky behavior, which differs from person to person.

Last edited:
If we're going to speculate many think the early years was steroid use.. And his medical conditions, the back, are paying him back so to speak. It wouldn't be a surprise that he's addicted to something but it still could be as innocent as wrong medications mixed together like he said..

Now that 'that' is out of the way, my small rant for the day.. Doctors suck. Not all but way too many have no idea about what medicine to give. They say "Try this.. let me know if it doesn't work." Then they try it again with another. They give you multiple medicines and have no idea the reaction they might cause.. People with medicine cabinets full of stuff. They hurt so they're desperate and the next thing you know, they're hooked or worse.

It's the reason I take nothing not even a Tylenol. I have back pains that makes Tiger Woods sound like a pussy.

Rant over. Have a nice day.

Back