Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 100 Tiger vs. royals July 26, 2017

Trade Avila get what you can.
McCann and Hicks catcher
Cabrera to the Yanks Try to get Robjnson?? wishing
1B who ever left
Kinsler to Brewers
Machado 2b
Iglesias to Nats?
Romine/Jones Ss
Castellanos to Bosox bag of used balls
Romine
Upton anywhere
Presley left
Mahtook stay in center
Hicks Right
Rondon any where but here!
SELL SELl SEll Sell sell

What happened with Rondon?

Never mind, he hit pig pen and benches emptied.

Since Mikie Mahtook's 2-run HR in the 9th inning at KC one week ago, Royals have outscored Tigers 38-9.

Last edited:
You're telling me none of this lack of effort and poorly executed fundamentals is on the coaching staff, particularly the manager?

lol seriously , guys like Tom Dalton think it has nothing to do with the manager .. I dont know what more has to be done to get this fuckwad fired ??!!!

When players get caught on the bases, trying to stretch a hit - picked off etc it's the coaches because they not teaching them the right way.. Either they're not looking at the base coaches or the base coaches have no idea what they're doing.. Fundamentals, suppose to get down in ST. Year after year.

lol seriously , guys like Tom Dalton think it has nothing to do with the manager .. I dont know what more has to be done to get this fuckwad fired ??!!!

When I watch post game interviews and everybody just seems so meh, oh well and oh hum I put that on the leadership or lack there of, brad is not a leader of men and he should have been canned a long time ago. The team has checked out and looks comfortablely numb

Last edited:
The game ended in earnest when Eric Hosmer hit a gigantic grand slam to cap a nine-run seventh inning. The Tigers were beaten badly Wednesday night, 16-2 to the Royals at Comerica Park, as they were swept in embarrassing effort.

There were still fireworks to come, though, when Bruce Rondon hit Mike Moustakas in the ninth inning and the benches cleared. Rondon was ejected and Andrew Romine came in to pitch. The events that transpired represented the low point in a season of lows for the Tigers.
With the game well past contention, Rondon hit Moustakas with a mid-90 m.p.h. fastball. Moustakas slammed his bat and walked towards the big Tigers’ right-hander with angry words. The dugouts emptied and converged near the pitcher’s mound. The most fired up was lefty pitcher Danny Duffy, who hollered at Rondon and had to be restrained in the middle of the fracas.
No punches were thrown and Rondon, who was restrained by Michael Fulmer, was ejected.

Hoghead Hosmer's 118th career home run in the seventh inning was his first career grand slam.
Hosmer had five hits, the second time he's accomplished that feat in his career. The other time was Sept. 20, 2011, against the Tigers.

Tigers center fielder Mikie Mahtook extended his career-long hitting streak to 11 games with a single in the fifth inning.
Mahtook scored the Tigers' first run on an RBI double by Jose Iglesias.
But the throw to home plate was cut off and Iglesias got caught in the no man's land between second and third. He was tagged out to end the inning.

The Royals stole two bases off of Sanchez in the second inning. He has allowed the sixth-most stolen bases of any pitcher since 2012.

Sanchez has had success with his fluttery, butterfly change-up, but Alcides Escobar lined was waiting for it on Wednesday. He lined a 67 mph change into left for an RBI single in the second to score the Royals' first run of the game.
Tigers starter Anibal Sanchez was knocked out after only 3 2/3 innings after giving up four runs on nine hits (all singles). He was rarely hit hard, but two walks, two steals and a balk didn't help his cause.

Inning-ender: Believer it or not, it was a fairly close game in the fifth when Jose Iglesias ripped a two-out double into the left-field corner, scoring Mikie Mahtook, and bringing the Tigers to within 4-1 with the top of the order coming up. But Iglesias kept running past second and Hosmer cut the relay throw home, then flipped the ball to third, where Moustakas tagged out Iglesias standing up.

REPLAY REVIEW
A challenge from manager Brad Ausmus gained a first-inning out for Sanchez after replay showed Miguel Cabrera tagged Merrifield before Merrifield could reach the bag. First-base umpire Sam Holbrook initially ruled that Merrifield beat James McCann's pickoff throw, but a 1-minute review reversed the call.

Romine is first Tiger with PA at home *as a pitcher* since Shane Halter on October 1, 2000. In that game, Halter played all 9 positions.

Last edited:
I don't even know why I'm watching this game.

I sold the last of my remaining tickets this week and bought memberships to the zoo and science center. If I take my sons to any more games this season it will be on a whim.

lol....always the manager's fault.

Apparently grown, professional men need to have their hands held and butts patted 3/4 through the season and completely removed from the playoff picture.

A better manager would have Miggy for a higher average than Iggy, would have had this bullpen fixed before opening day, and Castellanos wouldn't be the worst defensive 3B in MLB. :nuts:

I feel like saying this team is/was a manager away from the playoffs this season is like LKP type levels of craziness.

I can't believe some of you guys are still able to watch this drivel, power to you I suppose. There's a lot better things I can do or watch for 3+ hours and not get pissed off while doing it.

Is Avila still the GM? Is Ausmiss (sic) still the manager? Why? Remember what Martha Ford did two years ago? Ilitch needs to consult her.

Is Avila still the GM? Is Ausmiss (sic) still the manager? Why? Remember what Martha Ford did two years ago? Ilitch needs to consult her.

Martha is just another in a long line of Fords who don't know how to run a football team.. And praised Caldwell. Remember that GB hail mary and the defense? Should have been fired just on that..

Lol

CVYW6z_U8AAyABh.0.jpg

Screen_Shot_2015-12-04_at_7.50.27_AM.0.png

Screen_Shot_2015-12-04_at_7.55.34_AM.0.png

Last edited:
Martha is just another in a long line of Fords who don't know how to run a football team.. And praised Caldwell. Remember that GB hail mary and the defense? Should have been fired just on that..

Lol

My point is not to endorse the Lions; only that Ilitch should do as much with the Tigers. Martha cleaned house in the front office. Leland and Mayhew fired...and you can bet that Caldwell felt the percussion of the round. They went 6-2 after the "bye" week.

Last edited:
Back