Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ochocinco on Golladay - Now Ochocinco wants to help Okudah

mhughes0021

Chad Johnson ✔ @ochocinco
That young boul Golloday has that "IT" factor ?
8:40 AM - Aug 4, 2017
11 11 Replies 500 500 Retweets 864 864 likes

Chad Johnson ✔ @ochocinco
That young boul Golloday has that "IT" factor ?
8:40 AM - Aug 4, 2017
11 11 Replies 500 500 Retweets 864 864 likes

It doesn't mean anything......but it's better than the normal "he is raw....the game is really fast for him right now......he needs to learn how to be a professional".

Hope he really picks everything up quickly and contributes this year. Need someone to fill that Boldin role.🤞🏼

Will he have the touchdown dances down as well?

ochocinco_riverdance.gif

Nice to hear from one of the greats that we have something special in Golladay.

Like booger says doesn't mean much at all because who is Ochocinco at evaluating talent, but at the same time rookie WR's usually have problems coming into and adjusting to the league and to hear anything positive on Golladay is a plus to me.

Ochocinco's opinion means shit to me but he's not alone. My phone was spammed with alerts on articles from beat writers and opinion pieces the last couple days ranting and raving about Golladay. Not signing Boldin was my first true indication that the Lions are REALLY happy with Golladay and it's not just talk.

This is the same board that discredits anything the beat writers for the Lions say, right? But if a potential HOF player that actually played WR who dominated the league from 2002-2009 and has zero ties to this organization says anything good about our players, means NOTHING? Got it! LOL

I swear, this board is so fucking delusional...

Last edited:
People who know the game are noticing him. He still needs to execute on Sundays but it's nice to see.

This is the same board that discredits anything the beat writers for the Lions say, right? But if a potential HOF player that actually played WR who dominated the league from 2002-2009 and has zero ties to this organization says anything good about our players, means NOTHING? Got it! LOL

I swear, this board is so fucking delusional...

I actually believe the beat writers. People probably get upset because they read one report and see that one guy had a good day and it doesn't turn out. For years I've read practice observations and most of the time players who stand out daily do end up producing during the season. The key is whose name keeps popping up over and over again. I actually wasn't excited about Golladay. Now I am, he has a ton of articles written on him and people making comments that they don't need to make. He at least seems to be a red zone threat. They key is now is will Jim Caldwell use him? I remember reading how unstoppable Theo riddick was in one on one drills but stupid Caldwell barely used him that season, and when he did he tore it up.

I actually believe the beat writers. People probably get upset because they read one report and see that one guy had a good day and it doesn't turn out. For years I've read practice observations and most of the time players who stand out daily do end up producing during the season. The key is whose name keeps popping up over and over again. I actually wasn't excited about Golladay. Now I am, he has a ton of articles written on him and people making comments that they don't need to make. He at least seems to be a red zone threat. They key is now is will Jim Caldwell use him? I remember reading how unstoppable Theo riddick was in one on one drills but stupid Caldwell barely used him that season, and when he did he tore it up.

I believe the beat writers in a way too, but this board shreds those guys usually lol. I just like hearing from a player that not only played the position professionally, but played it at a superstar level for many yrs. I'm not saying Chad Johnson's word is gospel, but it's pretty damn close in my eyes.
And I really liked the pick of KG in the 3rd. Boldin wasn't a guaranteed return and Andre Roberts was bolting too. That #3 spot was looking thin. KG dominated in college. I don't care what division of college he played in. If you can football, you can play lol. End of story.

I believe the beat writers in a way too, but this board shreds those guys usually lol. I just like hearing from a player that not only played the position professionally, but played it at a superstar level for many yrs. I'm not saying Chad Johnson's word is gospel, but it's pretty damn close in my eyes.
And I really liked the pick of KG in the 3rd. Boldin wasn't a guaranteed return and Andre Roberts was bolting too. That #3 spot was looking thin. KG dominated in college. I don't care what division of college he played in. If you can football, you can play lol. End of story.

i like the look of Golladay....he can play strong over the middle and remind me of a Sanu but i think he can be even more than that cause hes probably faster on the outside than Sanu. Dare i say a TO? Ill go ahead and start with a poor mans TO.

Hes a rookie that has never seen the field and hes probably my favorite WR on the team. Thats probably just saying less of what we have around him then propping him up to be honest....im not a fan of Tate and Jones. Tate is a good 1a that belongs in the slot. We need Golladay to step up and overtake Jones.

Last edited:
i like the look of Golladay....he can play strong over the middle and remind me of a Sanu but i think he can be even more than that cause hes probably faster on the outside than Sanu. Dare i say a TO? Ill go ahead and start with a poor mans TO.

Hes a rookie that has never seen the field and hes probably my favorite WR on the team. Thats probably just saying less of what we have around him then propping him up to be honest....im not a fan of Tate and Jones. Tate is a good 1a that belongs in the slot. We need Golladay to step up and overtake Jones.

Lol. Tate and Marvin Jones are good players. But you don't like them. Unreal

Lol. Tate and Marvin Jones are good players. But you don't like them. Unreal

Tate is good. Marvin Jones is a deep threat that cant get off the ball.... making him worthless in an offense that gets the ball out in 2 seconds.

Word around town that he's a carbon copy of Martavius Bryant of the Pittsburgh Steelers without the baggage and just as talented...

Tate is good. Marvin Jones is a deep threat that cant get off the ball.... making him worthless in an offense that gets the ball out in 2 seconds.

Let's not toss MJ under the bus just yet. He's a talented WR. He worked with Randy Moss in the offseason. Let's see if it pays off...

Jones was 11th for all WRs in plays over 20 yards. He can get off the ball. 16 plays over 20 yards. He had a huge YPC.

Mike Evans 179 targets and only 15 over 20. Brandin Cooks 117 targets and only 15 over 20. Desean Jackson had 19 with 100 targets. AJ Green 100 targets and 15 over 20. The 10 players with more plays over 20 than Jones all had way more targets (sans Desean Jackson)

Marvin Jones is a good deep threat. It's proven

32nd in yards and 44th in targets overall in league. Jones did well.

He can do better though. He can be a 1,200 yard 8-10 TD guy

Last edited:
Word around town that he's a carbon copy of Martavius Bryant of the Pittsburgh Steelers without the baggage and just as talented...

I've seen that a few times. Love it.

I know I've said it before but even without all the hype surrounding Golladay, the fact that they didn't sign Boldin shows how much the Lions think of the rookie (imo). Very excited about this pick.

Jones was 11th for all WRs in plays over 20 yards. He can get off the ball. 16 plays over 20 yards. He had a huge YPC.

Mike Evans 179 targets and only 15 over 20. Brandin Cooks 117 targets and only 15 over 20. Desean Jackson had 19 with 100 targets. AJ Green 100 targets and 15 over 20. The 10 players with more plays over 20 than Jones all had way more targets (sans Desean Jackson)

Marvin Jones is a good deep threat. It's proven

32nd in yards and 44th in targets overall in league. Jones did well.

He can do better though. He can be a 1,200 yard 8-10 TD guy

Depends. Will he be 1st half Jones or 2nd half Jones? Plus we added another guy so maybe he gets looked at less. Tate will get his and the RB are involved heavily into the passing game as well. Plus Ebron. Only so many to go around..

Depends. Will he be 1st half Jones or 2nd half Jones? Plus we added another guy so maybe he gets looked at less. Tate will get his and the RB are involved heavily into the passing game as well. Plus Ebron. Only so many to go around..

Jones is a "big play" wr so his games are going to be erratic. It just so happened that his two biggest games came in the first few weeks. My guess is he will perform to a similar level as his last 2 years. Galloday is pretty much the same type of player that he is. If those two line up on the outside expect a TON of underneath stuff to Tate and the RBs. If Galloday is good enough to see the field a bunch, I can see Tate getting 110 catches this year (if he plays in the slot most of the time like I expect)

Back