Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 111 Tigers vs. pirates August 7, 2017

I purchased a 2016 Topps Rack Pack of baseball cards yesterday while on the weekly grocery trip 25% off, cost like 3 bucks.. I got two Tigers in the pack

Justin Upton and Mark Lowe. I'll probably give the Upton card to a nephew and then burn the Lowe card in the fire pit next time I burn shrubs.

Last edited:
I purchased a 2016 Topps Rack Pack of baseball cards yesterday while on the weekly grocery trip 25% off, cost like 3 bucks.. I got two Tigers in the pack

Justin Upton and Mark Lowe. I'll probably give the Upton card to a nephew and then burn the Lowe card in the fire pit next time I burn shrubs.

Lol at burning the Lowe card! That's exactly where it belongs....in a charred pile of ashes.

This Tigers team is just painful to watch. 3-0 and that should be the ballgame, although it was probably over at 1-0.

Lol at burning the Lowe card! That's exactly where it belongs....in a charred pile of ashes.

This Tigers team is just painful to watch. 3-0 and that should be the ballgame, although it was probably over at 1-0.

Yup it was over before it even started, offense can't hit thier way out of a wet paper sack again

Harry Doyle: That's all we got, one goddamn hit?
Assistant: You can't say goddamn on the air.
Harry Doyle: Don't worry, nobody is listening anyway.

Last edited:
Harry Doyle: That's all we got, one goddamn hit?
Assistant: You can't say goddamn on the air.
Harry Doyle: Don't worry, nobody is listening anyway.

Just tuned in to MLB.tv and saw the score. I was just going to say "one goddamn hit?"

Tigers burned about $8 mil on that one. At least you got 25% off.

This hp ump is an idiot. Bell is too far back in the batter's box. WTF is that shit?

That conversation about the batters box was the most exciting part of this game so far, he's right they should start asking for box line redraws every few innings that'll put a stop to that crap

This hp ump is an idiot. Bell is too far back in the batter's box. WTF is that shit?

Yeah, one of the better observations by Rod, and he's right, McCann should've said something.

Now that!

Was one boring ass game

Minus the discussion about the batters box line in the bottom of the 8th.

Lethargic brads came with nothing tonight

Last edited:
Think I would've rather seen Lettuce just hit instead of being pinch hit with VMart

And thee no run awful zeroffense loses again. What a surprise. I do not know why everyone picks on the pitching. Kinsler Cabrera V-Mart Castellanos are some of the biggest egg layers on the team.

I thought at least a coach would get canned by now, PC or HC or even a 3B coach.

Hers a stat. Tigers have scored 529 runs. 114, 21% of them have been scored in 9 games 8% That's a bad combo.

Toledo had a double header today. That's a lot of at bats that Candelario could of had.

Tigers starter Jordan Zimmermann pitched well in seven innings of work, but was victimized by a hit batter that came around to score in the second and then a two-run home run by pinch-hitter John Jaso in the seventh.

Zimmermann did give the Tigers seven innings for the third consecutive start.

?I?ve been feeling great ever since the All-Star break,? Zimmermann said. ?Able to get some quick outs when I need to and some short innings.

?My off-speed stuff was good today and I was able to keep the ball on the ground for the most part,? Zimmermann said. ?I?m not a guy that?s going to punch out 10 guys. I am going to let them put it in play and let the defense make plays. They guys played great tonight.?

Third baseman Nick Castellanos made two exceptional plays at third, one on a dive to his right and another with a lunge and spin to his left.

The Tigers' only hit was a single by James McCann in the third.

The Tigers were shut out for the eighth time this season.

NOTABLE
McCann's stolen base in the third inning was his first since 2014. He ran about three feet wide of bag to avoid an errant throw, then struggled to put on the brakes as he overran the base.
McCann was stranded at second as the next three batters were retired. The Tigers wouldn't get into scoring position again.

Zimmermann began the fifth inning by walking Pirates pitcher Trevor Williams on four pitches. He recovered thanks to a brilliantly turned double play started by Dixon Machado's diving stop at shortstop.

Tigers outfielder Alex Presley, currently on the 10-day disabled list with a side strain, will take batting practice again Tuesday at PNC Park. If he feels OK, he'll be sent on a rehab assignment.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-...771#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=491771
Boxscore.

Roars
Alex Wilson: A very nice eighth inning with a pop-up and a strikeout kept the Tigers within striking distance.

Hisses
Brad Ausmus: Jordan Zimmermann isn?t an ironman. At 100 pitches with a man on and Jaso at the plate, the Tigers manager should?ve gone to Daniel Stumpf to turn Jaso around. Bad call.

The Offense: BLEH. Vanover and Cervelli?s framing gave the Pirates quite a few of questionable strikes, but the Tigers managed only a handful of hard hit balls on the night.

Stats and Info
-James McCann?s second inning stolen base was just the second of his career. The first came against the Royals way back on September 19, 2014.

Back