Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

First Kerry Hyder, now Brandon Copeland on IR, now Hyder non-tendered

Bennett is clearly better. Rudolph might be better too...depending on his blocking (I don't know what kind of a blocker he is but he has to be better than EE)

Ebron had more yards despite missing 3 games. Ebron is faster. Give me Ebron all day

Bennett is clearly better. Rudolph might be better too...depending on his blocking (I don't know what kind of a blocker he is but he has to be better than EE)

With a grade of just 50.6 in 2016, Detroit TE Eric Ebron ranked 49th in the NFL among tight ends.
Ebron improved as a receiver in 2016 (72.3 receiving grade) but was graded as the worst run-blocking TE in the NFL (29.6 run-blocking grade)

NFC-North-TEs.png

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-eric-ebron-could-benefit-from-competition-in-detroit

So far ya got 3. You're on fire, dude lol

Olsen, Kelce, Graham, Eifert, Ertz, Hunter Henry, Delanie Walker. Id even say Antonio Gates does more for his team than ebron does for ours. Dumbron is probably like a top 11 or 12 TE. Pretty sad for someone selected so high in the draft.

With a grade of just 50.6 in 2016, Detroit TE Eric Ebron ranked 49th in the NFL among tight ends.
Ebron improved as a receiver in 2016 (72.3 receiving grade) but was graded as the worst run-blocking TE in the NFL (29.6 run-blocking grade)

NFC-North-TEs.png

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-eric-ebron-could-benefit-from-competition-in-detroit

Ouch..when LKPs bible grades him that low then you know its bad!

PFF graded super low

Fantasy has him like 10ish mainly because he catches the ball more often the most TEs and fantasy is only based on catches and scoring

Madden has him bottom 3rd

Stats have him in the middle

All in all seems like a pretty average TE for a MUN.

Zenner can't get the edge. His blocking is fine. Plus they have Fells anyway. I'll take Ebrons yards per target every day. Even bigger year in 2017

8th in yards and 14th in targets (14th in 2015 on 24th in targets), 10th completion percentage, top 10 in YAC/YPC, lots of other good red zone threats on team, lots of other players worth of targets on team, average pass blocking grade, top 10 TD TE 2015, injured RBs for run blocking. When you take everything into account, he is a top 10 tight end. Ebron more yards than Bennett in 2015 and 2016. More TDs than Bennett in 2015 even with less targets.

You are all way too hung up on draft status. By the way, Ebron went where he was ranked at the time as a prospect. He wasn't a reach at all or anything. He was ranked ahead of OBJ, Donald and Lewan by many. He is a good tight end. Say it, we got a good tight end with pick 10. You know how many top ten pick busts there are. You are all way way way too hung on draft status.

Also he was 24th in TE cap hit in 2015, 27th in 2016 and 27th now. He is super cheap too.

Stop being dumb

Last edited:
8th in yards and 14th in targets (14th in 2015 on 24th in targets), 10th completion percentage, top 10 in YAC/YPC, lots of other good red zone threats on team, lots of other players worth of targets on team, average pass blocking grade, top 10 TD TE 2015, injured RBs for run blocking. When you take everything into account, he is a top 10 tight end. Ebron more yards than Bennett in 2015 and 2016. More TDs than Bennett in 2015 even with less targets.

You are all way too hung up on draft status. By the way, Ebron went where he was ranked at the time as a prospect. He wasn't a reach at all or anything. He was ranked ahead of OBJ, Donald and Lewan by many. He is a good tight end. Say it, we got a good tight end with pick 10. You know how many top ten pick busts there are. You are all way way way too hung on draft status.

Also he was 24th in TE cap hit in 2015, 27th in 2016 and 27th now. He is super cheap too.

Stop being dumb

Olsen, Kelce, Graham, Eifert, Ertz, Hunter Henry, Delanie Walker. Id even say Antonio Gates does more for his team than ebron does for ours. Dumbron is probably like a top 11 or 12 TE. Pretty sad for someone selected so high in the draft.

Not a bad list. Even though I don't think Ertz or Henry are much better. And the Gates pick is fucking laughable to say the least lol. All this still equals Ebron a top 10 TE in the NFL. Nothing sad about that....lol

those three were all behind EE in LKP's raking (he ranked EE 8th based on his yards last year). I just named 3 that were better than EE, that according to LKP, are below EE.

I don't care what LKP says. I'm asking YOU to give me names of better TEs than Ebron. YOU gave me 3. Congrats!

Zenner can't get the edge. His blocking is fine. Plus they have Fells anyway. I'll take Ebrons yards per target every day. Even bigger year in 2017

Did you just say his blocking is fine? Haha.

I forget who said it about the DB out there when Ebron is knowing he won't be blocking.. He's too predictable. It's silly to say he's top ten when he can't do half of what a good TE should do.. So he gets a few yards, whoopity doo..

A no blocking, no TD TE who has too many drops.. that's a top ten TE? Who cares if his yards improved.. In HS once I had a D on a test, they let let me take it over again and I got a D+. So I improved, it still sucked.

Did you just say his blocking is fine? Haha.

I forget who said it about the DB out there when Ebron is knowing he won't be blocking.. He's too predictable. It's silly to say he's top ten when he can't do half of what a good TE should do.. So he gets a few yards, whoopity doo..

A no blocking, no TD TE who has too many drops.. that's a top ten TE? Who cares if his yards improved.. In HS once I had a D on a test, they let let me take it over again and I got a D+. So I improved, it still sucked.

Then name these "good all around TEs" then for fuck sakes lol. You should be rattling off names with ease. Cmon man...I got faith in ya!!!! :nod:

And of course yards mean nothing!!! Who needs yards?! This is footb.... oh wait.

Last edited:
Then name these "good all around TEs" then for fuck sakes lol. You should be rattling off names with ease. Cmon man...I got faith in ya!!!! :nod:

And of course yards mean nothing!!! Who needs yards?! This is footb.... oh wait.

Why is it when someone here says someone isn't a top guy you say they the same thing. The guy is shit. I'll take all the good blocking TE over Ebron any day. So there I just named a bunch.

So blocking means nothing, TD mean nothing, drop catches? This is footb.... oh wait.

Ebron has the yards in 13 games. Other guys have the blocking. Eberon has a top 10 td year. Lions have other redzone threats. He is top 10. Yards and tds most important. Blocking improves with abdullah and next to wagner

Ebron has the yards in 13 games. Other guys have the blocking. Eberon has a top 10 td year. Lions have other redzone threats. He is top 10. Yards and tds most important. Blocking improves with abdullah and next to wagner

You mean there are TE who can block?

We already have a bunch of guys who can't block, they're called wide receivers. Job one for a TE 1.) Learn to block.

That makes him a bad WR. Not a good TE.

Last edited:
Why is it when someone here says someone isn't a top guy you say they the same thing. The guy is shit. I'll take all the good blocking TE over Ebron any day. So there I just named a bunch.

So blocking means nothing, TD mean nothing, drop catches? This is footb.... oh wait.

I never said blocking and TDs don't mean anything, you fucking schmuck!! Lol.
You can't name anyone because you're a complete utter fucking moron....

I never said blocking and TDs don't mean anything, you fucking schmuck!! Lol.
You can't name anyone because you're a complete utter fucking moron....

Because why would I need to name all of them.. Brian Hoyer is shit do I really need to name the guys better than him too? And basically you did say they don't mean anything.. Because why you put a TE in the top ten with all his faults?

Last edited:
Only 7 tight end had more yards. And none rated as good blockers. All average category or lower. No tight end can really block that well

Yards trump blocking, top 10 in tds in 2015 tight ends trumps blocking. And his pass blocking grade was average. So it's not all blocking, just his run blocking. And like i said, its better with a guy who can get to the edge. Zenner is too slow for that. Plus Wagner next to him helps

Ebron is a top 10 tight end

Back