Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

A Song of Ice and Fire

zoombabyzoom

Ok, so I know some of you have read some of these books. This is for anyone who has read the 3rd book and farther. I am near the end and I just got passed the shocking parts and don't even want to read this whole series anymore. Like seriously what the fuck, I want to hurt the author.

Should I keep reading?

I can't answer because the girl and her two friends.

I know I hate Martin. You love certain characters and bam. But I have read all four books but I am having serious troubles with book 5... Not that it is bad I guess I am just burned out for now... I read the first four very fast for me with no other books going.. But now 20 different books later and only 100 pages into book 5 it is losing me... I blame it on the hardcover... Maybe a will read a few pages tonight.. Damn thats distracting...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I can't answer because the girl and her two friends.

I know I hate Martin. You love certain characters and bam. But I have read all four books but I am having serious troubles with book 5... Not that it is bad I guess I am just burned out for now... I read the first four very fast for me with no other books going.. But now 20 different books later and only 100 pages into book 5 it is losing me... I blame it on the hardcover... Maybe a will read a few pages tonight.. Damn thats distracting...

the problem with his books sometimes is that the story moves SOOOOOOOO slowly. Not only that but we'll probably have to wait two-three more years for the next one. Honestly i don't see the series ending for another four or five books. Will he even be alive at that time? it's not like he's getting any younger. He just has too many story lines going at once.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Ok, so I know some of you have read some of these books. This is for anyone who has read the 3rd book and farther. I am near the end and I just got passed the shocking parts and don't even want to read this whole series anymore. Like seriously what the fuck, I want to hurt the author.

Should I keep reading?

well, don't get down. other characters step in for dead ones and do a damn good job of keeping your attention. Plus, he's a good author, so you can expect certain things to not be as they seem. I wanted to quit reading for what he did to the Stark family, but I'm glad that he's willing to kill any character off.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Rich what? Richmond!":wnzjxgoi]Ok, so I know some of you have read some of these books. This is for anyone who has read the 3rd book and farther. I am near the end and I just got passed the shocking parts and don't even want to read this whole series anymore. Like seriously what the fuck, I want to hurt the author.

Should I keep reading?

well, don't get down. other characters step in for dead ones and do a damn good job of keeping your attention. Plus, he's a good author, so you can expect certain things to not be as they seem. I wanted to quit reading for what he did to the Stark family, but I'm glad that he's willing to kill any character off. [/quote:wnzjxgoi]

I know just feels like the bad characters or evil ones' always skate by unscathed.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]
[quote="Monster ":akpo89j0]

well, don't get down. other characters step in for dead ones and do a damn good job of keeping your attention. Plus, he's a good author, so you can expect certain things to not be as they seem. I wanted to quit reading for what he did to the Stark family, but I'm glad that he's willing to kill any character off.

I know just feels like the bad characters or evil ones' always skate by unscathed. [/quote:akpo89j0]

Well Little Arya took care of one... But is she getting anywhere close to another family member.. I keep thinking they will reunite again but I have my doubts after the first four books.

Well finished the 4th book and can't find the 5th book anywhere.

I am having serious trouble finishing the 5th book.. I just can't seem to get into it... Still trying though between many other books..

I am almost finished with the 4th book, wish there wasn't so many characters to keep up with.

4th and 5th book are actually one book split into two. 4th book consists of a handful of characters, and the 5th book is the other set of characters.

4th book was ok, I don't really care for Cersei (though did kind of root for her near the end of the book), Jamie is ok, Brienne is eh/ok, Sam is dumb, and the rest is eh. I think I will love the 5th book because of who it involves. I bought it off of amazon and it should be here Monday or Tuesday

This 5th book is really good so far..

However, it could be that I am so starved for these characters.

Back