Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL Top 100 Players

brewer229

Stafford #31.

Did a quick search and didn't see any other Lions from 100-31. Top 30 hasn't been revealed as of yet. Couldn't find a way to directly link the video, but below is a link to all the videos so far. Nice little video on Stafford, some quotes from other players. Focuses on arm strength, comebacks and how he improved last year.

http://www.nfl.com/network/top100

Side note: JJ Watt isn't a fan of this list. Referred to it as a Joke after being voted #35 despite only playing 3 games last year.

Last edited:
Stafford #31.

Did a quick search and didn't see any other Lions from 100-31. Top 30 hasn't been revealed as of yet. Couldn't find a way to directly link the video, but below is a link to all the videos so far. Nice little video on Stafford, some quotes from other players. Focuses on arm strength, comebacks and how he improved last year.

http://www.nfl.com/network/top100

Side note: JJ Watt isn't a fan of this list. Referred to it as a Joke after being voted #35 despite only playing 3 games last year.

I would agree that it's a joke to have Watt #35....he should be higher

Last edited:
I hate these lists. Do they really have to do them every freakin' season.. Watt btw should be higher, regardless the 3 games. I don't think they say the list is based on last season only.. And how could they anyway since players don't see many of these guys every year.. How do they vote? Many who voted for Brady, or Watt or even Matt never saw them last season - so how do they know how good they were? And no offense to you faithful but Matt at 31? Yeah I don't think so..

Last edited:
I hate these lists. Do they really have to do them every freakin' season.. Watt btw should be higher, regardless the 3 games. I don't think they say the list is based on last season only.. And how could they anyway since players don't see many of these guys every year.. How do they vote? Many who voted for Brady, or Watt or even Matt never saw them last season - so how do they know how good they were? And no offense to you faithful but Matt at 31? Yeah I don't think so..

Nobody cares wtf you think though. Or anyone for that matter. The NFL PLAYERS disagree with you and it's so awesome lol. He's respected around the league as a top notch player and it eats you up lol.

I would agree that it's a joke to have Watt #35....he should be higher

Of course he should be. He should be top 10 probably. He missed the season and still gets mentioned in the 100 BEST? That speaks volumes about the respect they have for him.

Nobody cares wtf you think though. Or anyone for that matter. The NFL PLAYERS disagree with you and it's so awesome lol. He's respected around the league as a top notch player and it eats you up lol.

So how do they vote for him, or anyone for that matter? "Well I never saw him play but his stats says he's 31." Lol. Watt even says it's a joke.. He played 3 games and based on a list that ranks guys by the year how did they determine he was the 35th best player last season.. The players don't know shit.. They vote for their buddies..

It's like the MLB All Star game where fans vote for their own players..

So how do they vote for him, or anyone for that matter? "Well I never saw him play but his stats says he's 31." Lol. Watt even says it's a joke.. He played 3 games and based on a list that ranks guys by the year how did they determine he was the 35th best player last season.. The players don't know shit.. They vote for their buddies..

It's like the MLB All Star game where fans vote for their own players..

who would you rather have, Watt or Stafford?

who would you rather have, Watt or Stafford?

What does that have to do with anything? I'm saying the list sucks, Watt apparently agrees with my assessment.. Because he felt 35 for 3 games was way too high..

What does that have to do with anything? I'm saying the list sucks, Watt apparently agrees with my assessment.. Because he felt 35 for 3 games was way too high..

I was just curious if you have any kind of ranking. U certainly have a ranking for Matt as a QB...don't you?

The rankings are just for fun and conversation.

The ranking is for the upcoming season, not the previous season. They removed Calvin and Manning from the list after those guys retired. I have no problem with Watt being on the list.

I was just curious if you have any kind of ranking. U certainly have a ranking for Matt as a QB...don't you?

The rankings are just for fun and conversation.

I just wonder why they have one from year to year.. And because it's based off last season only, at least it's suppose to be - it doesn't seem accurate with regards to someone like Watt. It's conceivable that many players vote for their buddies. My Matt comments were all shits and giggles.. It's a touchy subject around here. Just having some fun.. Though I think he's a bit high.

The ranking is for the upcoming season, not the previous season. They removed Calvin and Manning from the list after those guys retired. I have no problem with Watt being on the list.

That would even more odd.. How do you rank rookies?

That would even more odd.. How do you rank rookies?

In fantasy football we rank them. I had Elliot ranked in the first round last year and would have had him ranked in the top 25 overall (when considering all players).

In fantasy football we rank them. I had Elliot ranked in the first round last year and would have had him ranked in the top 25 overall (when considering all players).

Thanks so this is the fantasy football ranking? I thought so with Matt being 31. lol.

But I did hear, not sure reliable - rankings were based on the year before. I mean why would Watt be ranked so low after just 3 games? In-fact why would Watt react to being way too high if it was a ranking for this year, him being a player and in the the know. Even after injury he's a sure top ten, everyone knows it.. So maybe the players are stupid?

I'm with Mitch. I hate these lists. It's one thing for us to mix it up here with who we think is better or worse, but there is a network now that devotes what feels like half its airtime to arbitrary player rankings.

Completely unrelated topic - Mitch, TGC2 comes out June 27th.

I'm with Mitch. I hate these lists. It's one thing for us to mix it up here with who we think is better or worse, but there is a network now that devotes what feels like half its airtime to arbitrary player rankings.

Completely unrelated topic - Mitch, TGC2 comes out June 27th.

I actually pre-ordered it when it showed up on Amazon. Looks like they're keeping the same $39.99 price point.. Thanks..

I actually pre-ordered it when it showed up on Amazon. Looks like they're keeping the same $39.99 price point.. Thanks..

I think its 49.99 after the pre order phase. FYI the digital version is up on the PS Store if you'd rather not have a disc.

I think its 49.99 after the pre order phase. FYI the digital version is up on the PS Store if you'd rather not have a disc.

20% off new games with Amazon Prime. I'm pretty much a disc only guy now.. Unless I can find an old cheap game through their store.. Plus I've been using their trade-in program on some older games I don't have a use for any longer.. Money is money.

20% off new games with Amazon Prime. I'm pretty much a disc only guy now.. Unless I can find an old cheap game through their store.. Plus I've been using their trade-in program on some older games I don't have a use for any longer.. Money is money.

Nice. I'm the moron who never trades in anything. I've still got FIFA 13 somewhere...

Back