Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

So did Peter end up having John wacked?

EDIT: My story is better. In my story Peter is like Santa Claus. In your story Peter is like the capo tutti cappa.

Last edited:
So, like, was Peter all of a sudden the Pope but he didn't know it yet?

I like those Christmas movies when the new Santa becomes Santa but he doesn't know it at first.

The best known one is "The Santa Clause" with Tim Allen, of course, but the Hallmark Channel has made a few of them too, my favorite is the one with the guy who was Fraser.

Seems to me that even the most casual observer of scripture would know how Peter was appointed to be the initial pope.

So did Peter end up having John wacked?

No, that is not the actual narrative. John was the only Apostle of the original 12 that was not martyred. And he was the only one present at the Cross. There are still a lot of believers who ignore and/or evade the Cross, and evidently many skeptics to discount it.

What about those that take the cross, saw it into planks, and use those planks to make sturdy wooden furniture for the poor?

Seems to me that even the most casual observer of scripture would know how Peter was appointed to be the initial pope.

Yes I know the story, I just didn't know that Peter magically became the Pope at the moment that Roman soldier stab Jesus with that spear.

I would've thought that Jesus would've had to rise first, without Jesus rising what is the purpose of having a church for Peter to be the pope of?

Last edited:
What about those that take the cross, saw it into planks, and use those planks to make sturdy wooden furniture for the poor?

I doubt that really ever happens. There are plenty of new planks at the lumberyard such that nobody has to saw up a cross to be furniture.

Most people can't recall a conversation they had a week ago.

Now consider that the accounts of jesus were written many decades after his death.

Which leads me to the obvious conclusion; everything written 50 years after something happened from first hand accounts has to be 100% accurate. No doubt about it. Especially the conversations. I am sure none of us have forgotten a single word our teachers told us in school.

Most people can't recall a conversation they had a week ago.

Now consider that the accounts of jesus were written many decades after his death.

Which leads me to the obvious conclusion; everything written 50 years after something happened from first hand accounts has to be 100% accurate. No doubt about it. Especially the conversations. I am sure none of us have forgotten a single word our teachers told us in school.

The thing is believers will tell you the stories about Jesus are divinely inspired; so normal human recollection doesn't apply.

Obviously, they can't prove it's true, but like belief in space aliens, and conspiracy theories, it can't be proven to be false also.

But believers are entitled to believe what they want and non-believers too.

we live in a majority Christian nation, where some members of that faith are consistently pushing their values and views on the rest of us out of the belief that they are morally superior.

while I was aware of the fact that the Anglican/Episcopal church was more or less just "Catholicism except the King or Queen of England doesn't have to do what the Pope says and priests can marry," I did not know that Anglican/Episcopal priests were also called priests.

learn something new everyday.

Don't forget they can also behead their wife if they don't bear a son in a reasonable amount of time. :*)

The thing is believers will tell you the stories about Jesus are divinely inspired; so normal human recollection doesn't apply.

Obviously, they can't prove it's true, but like belief in space aliens, and conspiracy theories, it can't be proven to be false also.

But believers are entitled to believe what they want and non-believers too.

Divine inspiration should be an easy concept to grasp and apply. I can certainly attest to it. Just read the lives of selected saints and it should eventually become axiomatic, if not at least plainly evident.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-nation/2017/10/03/rep-tim-Murphy-pro-life-sought-abortion-affair-shannon-edwards-susan-mosychuk-pennsylvania-chief-of-staff-congress-emails-texts/stories/201710030018?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1507061392

Rep. Tim Murphy, popular with pro-life movement, urged abortion in affair.

A text message sent in January to U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy by a woman with whom he had an extra-marital relationship took him to task for an anti-abortion statement posted on Facebook from his office's public account.

"And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh with whom the congressman admitted last month to having a relationship, wrote to Mr. Murphy on Jan. 25, in the midst of an unfounded pregnancy scare.

A text from Mr. Murphy’s cell phone number that same day in response says, "I get what you say about my March for life messages. I've never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don't write any more. I will."

The congressman has been lauded by the Family Research Council, for his stance on abortion, as well as for family values, generally. He also has been endorsed by LifePAC, which opposes abortion rights, and is a member of the House Pro-Life Caucus, an affiliation that is often cited by his office.

He should try reading his own fucking bible:

James 1:26 - If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain.

or maybe:

Romans 2:3 - And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

These are like doctors and psychologists and shit, and they're carrying on having unprotected sex with each other like a bunch of fucking Appalacian in breads.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

this asshole was arguably even worse than Tim Murphy. at least Murphy said to his mistress he'd stop with the anti-abortion tweets

Anyway, in case anybody cares, I just heard on the news that Murphy has resigned from the House of Representatives.

So the moral of the story is, I guess, don't do stupid shit.

Tomorrow is December 1st... time to get into the Holiday Spirit with an update to this thread!

Today's Example is a school in Kentucky where the Christians are bullying two kids for not also being Christian. Needless to say, that isn't being very Christian...

Super Internet Bonus: in response to the part in the article about a teacher telling the non-Christian kids that bears would eat them, reddit user TRUMP_RAPES posted this:
"And he turned around, and when he saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys."

Yes, it's in the Bible. Yes, he called on God to spawn she-bears to tear apart 42 kids because they mocked his bald head.

Edit: 2 Kings 2:24​

I checked. that really happened in the Bible.

Believe it... OR NOT?!?

Tomorrow is December 1st... time to get into the Holiday Spirit with an update to this thread!

Today's Example is a school in Kentucky where the Christians are bullying two kids for not also being Christian. Needless to say, that isn't being very Christian...

Super Internet Bonus: in response to the part in the article about a teacher telling the non-Christian kids that bears would eat them, reddit user TRUMP_RAPES posted this:
"And he turned around, and when he saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys."

Yes, it's in the Bible. Yes, he called on God to spawn she-bears to tear apart 42 kids because they mocked his bald head.

Edit: 2 Kings 2:24​
I checked. that really happened in the Bible.

Believe it... OR NOT?!?

Was Papabear busy cheating on Mommabear with Goldilocks?

Didn't know that bears and forests were native to the ancient Middle East...learn something new each and everyday.

Last edited:
Back