Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Remaining BT schedule

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP.

I knew OSU would beat MSU. I suspected it would be an ass whipping as well, but this... 42-3 early in the 3rd...?

LOL at the dumbass MSU fans who thought they could be a playoff team.

LOL at the dumbass MSU fans who mocked me for saying home field matters as well as when you play certain opponents.

fuckin' idiots!

You seem a little too happy that OSU is stomping an opponent lol. We still need to play these guys ourselves.

I will admit I'm surprised at the score. Figured OSU would win, but thought it would be a good game at least.

Last edited:
Was just thinking of a fantastical outcome for our beloved Wolverines. WARNING!!! DONT GET HOPES UP, ITS ONLY FANTASY.

So, Michigan wins out, that means we will have beaten two top ten teams in a row. That means our ranking jumps. Do we go to CG? Dont need to. If wisconsin wins, it sets us up for chaos, meaning a couple more chips would have to fall in the top ten. Nothing is guaranteed. That is for sure. If people see that Michigan pulled it together with their new qb the last 5 games of the season and there are a shitload of 2 loss teams, money says the team that travels the best out of those gets in. Who knows, ill be ecstatic if we just beat OSU.

Was just thinking of a fantastical outcome for our beloved Wolverines. WARNING!!! DONT GET HOPES UP, ITS ONLY FANTASY.

So, Michigan wins out, that means we will have beaten two top ten teams in a row. That means our ranking jumps. Do we go to CG? Dont need to. If wisconsin wins, it sets us up for chaos, meaning a couple more chips would have to fall in the top ten. Nothing is guaranteed. That is for sure. If people see that Michigan pulled it together with their new qb the last 5 games of the season and there are a shitload of 2 loss teams, money says the team that travels the best out of those gets in. Who knows, ill be ecstatic if we just beat OSU.

I just really want to beat OSU. I am not really confident about either game remaining on the schedule though. I think in order to make the playoffs, we'd need another win over a team with a winning record. the committee seems to prioritize those, and we're currently 0-2 against teams above 0.500. sad but true

hey, at least this season OSU is one of - if not the only - teams in the conference more penalized than we are. our performance last week helped our average a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is this talking about? CG? What is that? I don't even know where you're going with this 2 loss team stuff...a couple chips would have to fall in the top ten for what?

It's pretty simple. Michigan needs to beat UW and OSU. Then PSU and MSU each need to lose another game. In other words, it ain't happening.

edit: this is the language for the first tie breaker: "1. The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other." I guess I read that wrong. Never mind everything that follows this.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, not MSU. They have 3 losses. 1st tie breaker is overall record.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/archive/081011aaa.html

In the scenario where Michigan wins out and there's a 4-way tie, 1st tiebreaker knocks out MSU and OSU, and Penn State wins the head-to-head.

If Penn State loses to Nebraska or Maryland (don't hold your breath) and it's a 3-way tie, then Michigan has the best overall record of the 3.

Still less than a 1% chance of happening.

Last edited:
edit: this is the language for the first tie breaker: "1. The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other." I guess I read that wrong. Never mind everything that follows this.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, not MSU. They have 3 losses. 1st tie breaker is overall record.

In the scenario where Michigan wins out and there's a 4-way tie, 1st tiebreaker knocks out MSU and OSU, and Penn State wins the head-to-head.

If Penn State loses to Nebraska or Maryland (don't hold your breath) and it's a 3-way tie, then Michigan has the best overall record of the 3.

we already discussed this. see here.

You are reading it wrong. The first tie-break er is head to head. the next tie breaker is divisional record. Overall record is the 7th tiebreaker.

Back