Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Wisconsin vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

My first osu game in person too sadly next week :/

Last edited:
She was quoting me in that comment of hers you quoted. I said I probably won't watch too. So therefore, that must make me bandwagon as well. According to you anyway.

Come on, you should tune in, it's The Game. Anything can happen. What's his name, Cooper, coached the Buckeyes against Michigan with a better team probably all twelve years he was there - I guess not 1997, but the two teams were just about equally very good/great that season.

Many times a win over Michigan would have secured a chance to likely go into the post season with a shot at the national championship.

Michigan went into a number of those games with disappointing seasons for Michigan - 8-ish win seasons, like this one, not disappointing like RichRod and Dave Brandon.

And what happened?

He went like, 2-10.

Those Michigan wins in that situation made the disappointing season vastly more palatable, and we all were looking forward to building on that for the next season.

He was a great coach, and they had great teams, but he couldn't beat Michigan.

Finally they fired his ass for it.

Now he's gone, and it's been Michigan that's had the crap run.

It's a cyclical pendulum, and it will always eventually swing back. It always has.

I'll make you this promise - if you watch and it doesn't go our way, it will be the last bitterly disappointing loss to a rival you'll see in at least almost a year.

You should tune in.

It's The Game.

Probably wont watch for same reason as today. Helping taking care of dad. (Alzheimers, 92 years old). Doen in florida for a coupke of weeks

I went through that with my dad, who passed in 2004. He had lingered with it for years and years.

Maybe I or my wife have told you about this off the board.

Coaching has to be better. Why call a down field pass when it is 3rd and 5? We have seen this time and time again. Play calling has to improve. I am not sold on Peters. He is still overthrowing open receivers down field. Michigan would have had a couple more TDs today if not for poor downfield passing. Defense has been better than expected this season, and I expect they will be better next year. I can't see how anyone can not see Harbaugh as a vast improvement over RR and Hoke. Under RR Michigan was losing to teams like Toledo. THAT was embarrassing! Hoke's last year was awful. While the losses this season have been disappointing, especially the loss to Sparty, they have not been to teams that Michigan should never lose to. I have hope for the future with Harbaugh.

Unfortunately this has been a longer cycle of losses to osu. Compounded with some other losses

Just looking forward when we are top ten consistently

Back