Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Talking heads did it again RE:Joke/Harbaugh

I'm not sold on either offensive coordinator or defense coordinator. Tim has to be better. Some of our running sets are so predictable . Also Brown has to find a happy medium between blitzing and pulling back the reins a bit. Also his defense folded like a accordion when Peters went down. Maybe that is youth . Sometimes you have to gut out a win with your defense . Hopefully they learn from this year and get better for next sesson .

I don't think any of us are sold on all of our offensive coordinators. I think that is part of the problem. Too many heads are in the discussion.

I am totally sold on our DC, though. That guy is awesome. Just think what he will be able to do when Bush is a senior and he has a full roster of his guys in there developed over 4 years. Again, there are a lot of freshmen and sophomores on that 2deep on defense. McCray, Hurst, and Kinnel are pretty much the only upperclassmen. I'm sure Tom will fact-check that for me..

I don't mind that our running sets are predictable. Bo was totally predictable. LLoyd was totally predictable. A lot of times it still worked, because those players were just so good.

OK I stand corrected. Not sure what the point here is you're trying to make. The reason that this would be a small class would be, because the team was filled with totally awesome Hoke recruits, right?

my point was the reason for so few Juniors contributing is likely due to the small recruiting class.

Well, crap, by the time I turned those boom/bust cycle numbers into a plot, posted online, and edited my post, we were onto a new page of comments. I'm posting it again.

XQaWx6g.jpg

Maybe Harbaugh should've ran off more players like RichRod did, then he could've made his 2015 class larger

I have to add, though not an excuse by any measure but is still fact, Harbaugh's 1st recruiting cycle was not good because every coach and their mother was telling recruits he would be gone within the year back to the NFL. Every big time kid was scared off. When Meyer was hired, PSU was imploding and he took a couple kids and salvaged an alright class. It still wasnt that great as his highest recruit flamed out and left. He signed 13 3* and 9 4* that year with his lone 5* shitting the bed. They had 25 in that class. Comparing the classes Meyer had 11 more guys to develop. That is a lot.
Im hopeful this can all turn around. It should. It does take years to learn NFL type schemes. Maybe Harbaugh has a plan that this stuff will all sink in by year 3 or 4 for the players. I know I get pissed at the playcalling. I also know it is ran the way it is because you are setting the defense up for a big play. If guys are fucking shit up, the big play is overthrown or underthrown or someone misses a block or misses the hole. If anyone goes back and looks at our Florida game in year 1, those fucks didnt know what hit them because we constantly set them up for the next play. Thats how its supposed to run. But as a coach, a good coach, you should recognize your players' limits and maybe dumb the playbook to give them a chance at success. If it means winning on Saturday, throw 4 and 5 yd dink passes all game. Keep the fucking ball out of OSUs hands and keep our defense fresh. Win TOP and win The Game. Dink and dunk and limit the turnovers that cost us last year.

Yep, I'd love to see more dink and dunk passes, more screens, less runs up the middle...

Back