Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cavs @ Warriors Games 7

Lebron is a dick if he was wearing the Pistons logo he'd still be a dick.. I'd root for the Pistons, sure, but I wouldn't slobber over Lebron. He's not the kind of guy I like to root for.

I absolutely love Lebron's game. He's a complete player who isn't selfish. He makes everyone around him better. He is exactly what I would want in a Piston's uniform. I would take him over any other player in the NBA.

I absolutely love Lebron's game. He's a complete player who isn't selfish. He makes everyone around him better. He is exactly what I would want in a Piston's uniform. I would take him over any other player in the NBA.

The problem with that if you're not winning titles he'd just leave. That's Lebron..

Just to be clear why I don't like him or players like him.. Getting drafted and leaving a team because his current team wasn't good enough for him.. It wasn't about money, Cleveland offered him everything. Then does the same to Miami when he goes back to Cleveland. After he got what he could from them..

I'll take a guy like Tim Duncan.

I'm 51 and yes I rooted for Mahorn. He was awesome, but he also wasn't a dick. Imo.

Mahorn is widely recognized to be one of the all-time dirty NBA players. If you found a way to root for him then trust me, you'd find a way to feel good about LeBron in a Pistons jersey.

Last edited:
Mahorn is widely recognized to be one of the all-time dirty NBA players. If you found a way to root for him then trust me, you'd find a way to feel good about LeBron in a Pistons jersey.

McHorn played tough, like Laimbeer and about 80% of the league back then. Different time. I don't mind tough.

Just to be clear why I don't like him or players like him.. Getting drafted and leaving a team because his current team wasn't good enough for him.. It wasn't about money, Cleveland offered him everything. Then does the same to Miami when he goes back to Cleveland. After he got what he could from them..

I'll take a guy like Tim Duncan.

so you must not root for any free agent that comes from another team to a Detroit team?

so you must not root for any free agent that comes from another team to a Detroit team?

Some FA are FA because their other team didn't want them. Some like Lebron go on ESPN and then persuade 2 other players to go Miami as well. I don't like Tiger Woods either.. Am I suppose to root for everyone on a local team? It's not like I'd root for them to be bad or anything. I just won't be "Yay Lebron, you the man." It doesn't mean I don't think he's not a terrific ball player..

Remember Garcia, Tigers, when he was fooling around with Fielders wife? Was I suppose to root for him?

well, if the Pistons had a lucky bounce of a ping pong ball in 2003, he would be the greatest Piston to ever play....and 99.9% of Pistons fans would love him.

well, if the Pistons had a lucky bounce of a ping pong ball in 2003, he would be the greatest Piston to ever play....and 99.9% of Pistons fans would love him.

Technically this isn't true. We got the second pick that year from Memphis, but that pick was top 1 protected. Had Memphis landed the top pick (Lebron), we wouldn't have gotten it.

That said, anyone who follows the NBA and who doesn't think Lebron is the greatest player of this generation and quickly closing on one of the greatest of all time are just plain wrong.

Technically this isn't true. We got the second pick that year from Memphis, but that pick was top 1 protected. Had Memphis landed the top pick (Lebron), we wouldn't have gotten it.

That said, anyone who follows the NBA and who doesn't think Lebron is the greatest player of this generation and quickly closing on one of the greatest of all time are just plain wrong.

I forgot that it was top pick protected. I guess I will have to change my comment to "let's assume the Cavs were stupid enough to take Darko and Lebron fell to the Pistons"

Can't compare Lebron and Jordon. Just can't do it - the game is so much different. I wonder "this generation", it depends on how old you are. Not my generation plus there is so many great players at certain positions.. It's hard to compare Lebron, and Jordon to a center like Jabbar or Wilt. Not sure why people do it..

Just say he's one of the best and leave it at that..

Can't compare Lebron and Jordon. Just can't do it - the game is so much different. I wonder "this generation", it depends on how old you are. Not my generation plus there is so many great players at certain positions.. It's hard to compare Lebron, and Jordon to a center like Jabbar or Wilt. Not sure why people do it..

Just say he's one of the best and leave it at that..

I think of the comparisons, Jordan and Lebron are a better shot than Lebron and Wilt or Jordan and Wilt. But trying to compare across different eras is really hard. It should be good enough to say that Lebron is one of the top 5 players ever, but for some it's best or nothing. Also, a lot of people who grew up watching Magic, or Bird, or Jordan, or Kobe are inordinately attached to that nostalgia and will denigrate anything that might tarnish it.

I think of the comparisons, Jordan and Lebron are a better shot than Lebron and Wilt or Jordan and Wilt. But trying to compare across different eras is really hard. It should be good enough to say that Lebron is one of the top 5 players ever, but for some it's best or nothing. Also, a lot of people who grew up watching Magic, or Bird, or Jordan, or Kobe are inordinately attached to that nostalgia and will denigrate anything that might tarnish it.

When he comes to needing some baskets at the end of the game I'm still partial to Zeke. He was clutch, and awesome all rolled into one.

Back