Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Pope is on Drugs

He was good in that movie where he broke Elizabeth Banks from jail.

Wow.

I haven't seen that movie or hadn't even heard of it.

I just added it on Netflix.

Those two would probably good as Adam and Eve in a different Bible movie.

Oh.

Well, I don't know any other reason why Noah would have been the only one to build the ark.

Except as I recall from Catechism Noah and his family were the only good people left on earth.

But Russell Crowe is a good actor; he was convincing to me as Noah, just like he was as Maximus in Gladiator, or John Nash in A Beautiful Mind, or Javert in Les Miserables, or Jim Braddock in Cinderella Man, or Jor-El or Robin Hood...

He's pretty good in everything.

He came off to me as goodly and righteous as Noah, even if maybe in really life he isn't that much.

and as Bud White in LA Confidential. He got shot up a whole bunch of times but I think he still ended up with the long end of the stick - sure Edmund Exley got the medal and a big career boost but he got Kim Basinger...

and as Bud White in LA Confidential. He got shot up a whole bunch of times but I think he still ended up with the long end of the stick - sure Edmund Exley got the medal and a big career boost but he got Kim Basinger...

Right, he was very good in that movie.

I didn't include that because 1) He wasn't so much main character in a film that was more an ensemble piece and 2) In the films I mentioned, he was more the primary character, and he played characters that were either legendary, historic, or related to historic events.

Right, he was very good in that movie.

I didn't include that because 1) He wasn't so much main character in a film that was more an ensemble piece and 2) In the films I mentioned, he was more the primary character, and he played characters that were either legendary, historic, or related to historic events.

I figured as much but thought a Kim Basinger reference justified deviating from the theme.

Wow.

I haven't seen that movie or hadn't even heard of it.

I just added it on Netflix.

Those two would probably good as Adam and Eve in a different Bible movie.

It's good. It was shot in Pittsburgh. All movies shot in Pittsburgh are good movies. Like Jack Reacher and that movie where J-CVD played goalie for the Penguins and where he leveled Christian Ruuttu and fights the Penguins' mascot. I think he even did the splits.

It's good. It was shot in Pittsburgh. All movies shot in Pittsburgh are good movies. Like Jack Reacher and that movie where J-CVD played goalie for the Penguins and where he leveled Christian Ruuttu and fights the Penguins' mascot. I think he even did the splits.

Jack Reacher 2 was classified by Netflix as long wait, then short wait, then its status was appeared available, so I moved it up to #1 on my list.

Now its status is back at Long Wait.

Cobie Smulders may be the most beautiful woman in the world - at least in my opinion; and from what I've seen of her, she's a very physically capable performer for action movies.

I figured as much but thought a Kim Basinger reference justified deviating from the theme.

You can't go wrong with a Kim Basinger reference, especially when it includes trashing her very talented but bat shit crazy ex husband.

You can't go wrong with a Kim Basinger reference, especially when it includes trashing her very talented but bat shit crazy ex husband.

One of my favorite cinema scenes is in Mullholland Falls when Nick Nolte saps Baldwin qua Federal Agent and drags him from Federal Property to L.A. Property. Not very Christian of me, I know ...

Well, you know, he's God, He created us, and that's His prerogative. Like I said, you are not considering even the basest of possibilities, for example: why was Noah the only person to build an Ark?

"The Lord saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time."

Why would a god destroy all of humanity and then task Noah and his family to populate the world via incest? Kind of a sick sonofabitch if you ask me. But he had already done it with Adam and Eve, so I guess its just his MO.

As for the evil in the hearts of man, god created all. He is all knowing. So he knew man would have evil in his heart. And then punished man for what he knew would happen.

(insert freewill excuse here)

But I am curious as to what proof of any god created anything you have.

Last edited:
Was it because Noah looked like Russell Crowe?

In the movie, Noah's kids and his wife, played by Jennifer Connolly, seemed to me to pitch in with the building of the ark, and the getting of the animals all on board, and the what not.

As I recall Jennifer Connolly made some kind of potion to calm the animals down and keep them all from eating each other.

The movie also depicted the Transformer Trees. They probably helped out as well.

Why would a god destroy all of humanity and then task Noah and his family to populate the world via incest? Kind of a sick sonofabitch if you ask me. But he had already done it with Adam and Eve, so I guess its just his MO.

As for the evil in the hearts of man, god created all. He is all knowing. So he knew man would have evil in his heart. And then punished man for what he knew would happen.

(insert freewill excuse here)

But I am curious as to what proof of any god created anything you have.

Never mind that, the topic has escalated to Russell Crowe characters and Jean-Claude Van Damme. As for creation, "it wasn't elves." It's difficult to believe in God; easier not to. That way, you never have to defend Him. Whatever, I'll go on believing and you continue your disbelief. Chances are better than not you'll come around, after you stop believing that God thinks as we do.

Never mind that, the topic has escalated to Russell Crowe characters and Jean-Claude Van Damme. As for creation, "it wasn't elves." It's difficult to believe in God; easier not to. That way, you never have to defend Him. Whatever, I'll go on believing and you continue your disbelief. Chances are better than not you'll come around, after you stop believing that God thinks as we do.

Anything is possible. But I was raised Catholic. Mass every Sunday. Then later in life went to Baptist services with the future Mrs. B311J. Many many people have tried to prove gods existence to me. For most of my life I questioned why I couldn't wrap my head around a god. Then about 4 years ago I allowed myself to think "what if there isn't a god". The more I read and the more research I did, the more it was obvious to me that no god has ever existed. When I ask for you to give me proof, I'm not being a smartass. I am genuinely looking for someone to be able to change my mind. Until that happens I will continue in my current beliefs, or lack there of.

What a shitty thread, several mentions of Russell Crowe but no mention of his role as Captain Jack "Lucky Jack" Aubrey in Master and Commander.

Anything is possible. But I was raised Catholic. Mass every Sunday. Then later in life went to Baptist services with the future Mrs. B311J. Many many people have tried to prove gods existence to me. For most of my life I questioned why I couldn't wrap my head around a god. Then about 4 years ago I allowed myself to think "what if there isn't a god". The more I read and the more research I did, the more it was obvious to me that no god has ever existed. When I ask for you to give me proof, I'm not being a smartass. I am genuinely looking for someone to be able to change my mind. Until that happens I will continue in my current beliefs, or lack there of.

I was not convinced; I came to believe (again). And, you know what? I still "can't wrap my head around a God." That's not even necessary. That's why there are Christ, Mary, the Church and the Saints. No one is going to change your mind until you are open to the idea in the first place. A book to consider to help that process: Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. Here's another source to review. I wish you well.

I think that it's worth pondering the cause and continuation of all this.

Last edited:
What a shitty thread, several mentions of Russell Crowe but no mention of his role as Captain Jack "Lucky Jack" Aubrey in Master and Commander.

or his hit show "Russell Crowe's Fightin' Round the World"

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"My fightin' is poetry, you TESTICLE!"

Now all we need is Russell Crowe to do is portray a pope like Gregory I or Pius IX. Or Julius II. Then he can retire from acting to manage his rugby team, the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Now all we need is Russell Crowe to do is portray a pope like Gregory I or Pius IX. Or Julius II. Then he can retire from acting to manage his rugby team, the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

were those pontiffs also on drugs?

or his hit show "Russell Crowe's Fightin' Round the World"

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"My fightin' is poetry, you TESTICLE!"

The name of the show is "The Russell Crowe Show."

It's the "Fightin' Round the World" episode.

It's in "The New Terrence and Phillip Movie Trailer" episode of Southpark, season six, episode five.

Last edited:
Back