Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spielman sues OSU over use of former athletes likenesses in ads

Michchamp

LOL, Spielman got his helmet on and is ready to hit somebody...!!! ... with a lawsuit... link.

Suing OSU, Nike, Honda (all sponsors of the ads) as himself and on behalf of a bunch of former OSU athletes featured in the ads. Article quotes Archie Griffin as agreeing with him.

I agree with the suit: don't use people's likenesses in ads without compensation. no special rules for college football, which is a business like everything else, I'm told.

He says he's donating any money he receives to the OSU athletic department.

He says he's donating any money he receives to the OSU athletic department.

"Here let me sue you for violating my rights, then give you back all the money I win from you."

At least Archie Griffin said he's giving any money he recovers to a fund for disabled former college athletes. that's better.

Back