Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Injuries only matter if it's another team, right?

Because every team deals with it Tony. It's not exclusive to the Detroit Lions, players being "banged up."

I know every team deals with it. That's not my fkn point. I'm trying to lay out to all of you that the NFC North isn't sitting there on a sliver platter waiting for us to win it. Our injuries and players missing games are adding up. That's huge

So you dismiss the packers losing LBs, DBs, then 3 of the 4 injuries you list are LBs and DBs?

Typical Tony.

Okay man, the Lions are the hardest hit team in league history. It's a miracle they even can dress enough guys. They should be losing 99-0 if it wasn't for the soul of the universe Matt Stafford somehow playing with possible broken ribs, one leg, an iron deficiency, running for his life, having to break tackles every throw, and somehow still having pin point accuracy. MVP, MVP. But he is only one man, if he can somehow carry this team to the playoffs in the toughest division in football, it will be the most spectacular performance in all of sports.

Typical Tony??? Lol. Nice try.

Pay attention, sunshine. FOCUS!!

All i'm saying is that people saying that the North is within grasp now because of guys like Rodgers and Cook out. It's a joke. Why don't our injuries count?? Oh, I forgot. We're Lions fans. Common fucking sense goes clearly out the fkn window. Absolutely zero thought process coming from a "fan" like you. So idiotic that you have to mock Stafford lol. It's pathetic. I'm simply pointing out thst it's not going to be that easy like you imbeciles think it is. If we were healthy, I would totally agree with you but we have KEY players dropping like flies and MISSING games because of it. Doesn't matter though, right?!?! The Division is in the bag lol. Fucking delusional....

Denver lost an all pro LT for the final 14 regular season games and made it to the SB in 2013

Awesome sample size bro. Any more?? Lol. But hey! Roll with that! That was the same team led by Manning and a lights out defense, right? Stfu lol

Typical Tony??? Lol. Nice try.

Pay attention, sunshine. FOCUS!!

All i'm saying is that people saying that the North is within grasp now because of guys like Rodgers and Cook out. It's a joke. Why don't our injuries count?? Oh, I forgot. We're Lions fans. Common fucking sense goes clearly out the fkn window. Absolutely zero thought process coming from a "fan" like you. So idiotic that you have to mock Stafford lol. It's pathetic. I'm simply pointing out thst it's not going to be that easy like you imbeciles think it is. If we were healthy, I would totally agree with you but we have KEY players dropping like flies and MISSING games because of it. Doesn't matter though, right?!?! The Division is in the bag lol. Fucking delusional....

You should be happy. I think we are the favorites now. I didn't think that before Aaron Rodgers wasn't injured.

I'm being positive about our chances. I feel it's ours to lose.

Tired of negative fans like you trying to rain on my parade. I'm all sunshine.

Awesome sample size bro. Any more?? Lol. But hey! Roll with that! That was the same team led by Manning and a lights out defense, right? Stfu lol

Yes...Manning...a great QB

That was just one that came to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure there are tons of examples where a team lost a tackle. You are out of your mind if you think losing a tackle is the same as losing a star QB. Not just a star like AR but even a very good QB like Matt.

I know every team deals with it. That's not my fkn point. I'm trying to lay out to all of you that the NFC North isn't sitting there on a sliver platter waiting for us to win it. Our injuries and players missing games are adding up. That's huge

It should be if the Lions were as good as some people make them out to be. Bears suck and Bradford and Rodgers go down. If were as good, deep as people make this team out to be then yes...the division should be ours on a silver platter. It wont be cause were not as deep as some people like to think.

The Dline wont be getting as much pressure as we thought early on.

The turnover margin wont be as good as it was early on.

The WR corps is worse than we thought early on.

The run game is still shit.....alot of us liked to hope Abdullah healthy would fix that....it hasnt.

So were left with a banged up team led by a banged up QB that we have to hope n pray he has a great game....or atleast a great 4th quarter so we can make it close and pull some games out in the end. Basically the same as last year but i wouldnt count on completing that many 4th quarter comebacks....its just not going to happen consistently in the NFL.

Last edited:
I proved Stafford had less run game and less short fields than any QB over the last 6 seasons. This season, no run game again, no protection due to Oline injuries galore, dealing with injuries of his own and all 4 ints are not his fault to tank his rating below 90. He's an elite QB that gets made to look above average due to things NO QB COULD OVERCOME. NONE. .NOT BRADY NOT RODGERS NOBODY

I remember when Brady had no weapons...pretty sure he had a bunch of playoff wins. Gronk out, edleman out, no running backs worth a shit.....Hogan will come out of nowhere and have a 200 yard game.

Jordy goes down, Cobb goes down...poof....some douchebag named Janis from grand valley state has a huge game.

Tate gets injured....Jones cant get open. TJ jones might catch 1 pass for 13 yards....yippie fucking kay yay. Stafford makes no one better.....

Last edited:
brady protection, run game and d.
Rodgers same

Rodgers had worse qb rating than Stafford without jordy

And they have been the short field kings the last 6 years

Last edited:
brady protection, run game and d.
Rodgers same

Rodgers had worse qb rating than Stafford without jordy

And they have been the short field kings the last 6 years

Those qbs have been in that situation....and they were still successful. There was a year Rodgers had his entire oline injured....still wont he division. You stated Brady couldnt overcome those things....he has!

Why does Brady have a run game? You think its because of the rb? No....Brady gets to run vs a 6 man box because people are afraid he will torch him. Teams play us with an 8 man box and send the house cause stafford wont do shit. He'll do his little duck move and then topple over. No shit you cant run against that. Its on Stafford to get a defense out of that....he cant make it happen.

Those qbs have been in good situations

Both go 0-16 with lions injury and ref situations

Stafford is better than both combined

They run block and have bruising Rbs. Stafford faces plenty of weak boxes

Last edited:
You should be happy. I think we are the favorites now. I didn't think that before Aaron Rodgers wasn't injured.

I'm being positive about our chances. I feel it's ours to lose.

Tired of negative fans like you trying to rain on my parade. I'm all sunshine.

I see what you did there. Bravo :cheers:

Yes...Manning...a great QB

That was just one that came to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure there are tons of examples where a team lost a tackle. You are out of your mind if you think losing a tackle is the same as losing a star QB. Not just a star like AR but even a very good QB like Matt.

I never said it was the same thing. I've actually fkn repeated myself on it but we're losing starters at key positions on the daily. Doesn't that fkn matter also??? It's not hard to comprehend for fuck sakes...

I never said it was the same thing. I've actually fkn repeated myself on it but we're losing starters at key positions on the daily. Doesn't that fkn matter also??? It's not hard to comprehend for fuck sakes...

I was responding to this specific quote.

Losing Rodgers is devastating. I know this but comparing it is pointless. The Lions losing Decker is humongous. You don't replace that. Just like you don't replace Rodgers. So NO, it's not much bigger. It's devastating for both teams.
And calling players like Decker or Lang "just another OLineman" is ridiculous btw...lol.

..losing Rodgers is much bigger than losing Decker. That said, I agree with you. The Lions players are dropping like flies. This bye couldn't come at a better time for them.

Those qbs have been in that situation....and they were still successful. There was a year Rodgers had his entire oline injured....still wont he division. You stated Brady couldnt overcome those things....he has!

Why does Brady have a run game? You think its because of the rb? No....Brady gets to run vs a 6 man box because people are afraid he will torch him. Teams play us with an 8 man box and send the house cause stafford wont do shit. He'll do his little duck move and then topple over. No shit you cant run against that. Its on Stafford to get a defense out of that....he cant make it happen.

Stafford has shown time and time again that he's a fucking boss but dummies like you will always compare him to guys like Brady and Rodgers...lol. Fkn idiotic

I was responding to this specific quote.

..losing Rodgers is much bigger than losing Decker. That said, I agree with you. The Lions players are dropping like flies. This bye couldn't come at a better time for them.

Bigger in who's eyes though??? Because if i'm Matt Stafford i'm shittin myself. We need to stop comparing the players and look at the situation. It's both devastating for both teams to lose these players. You're right about the BYE though. Hopefully Decker and Golladay are back at least because this could get real ugly real quick...

Last edited:
Stafford has shown time and time again that he's a fucking boss but dummies like you will always compare him to guys like Brady and Rodgers...lol. Fkn idiotic

Watching him play vs min, car and no has been all the same gameplan against us. Stack the box... send the house. Make Stafford beat you deep... he hasn't. Not even once in 3 Games has he made a defense pay for sending a blitz. its comical how horrible cooter/ Stafford have been.

Watching him play vs min, car and no has been all the same gameplan against us. Stack the box... send the house. Make Stafford beat you deep... he hasn't. Not even once in 3 Games has he made a defense pay for sending a blitz. its comical how horrible cooter/ Stafford have been.

Ya, it also tells the world that our OLine is a joke. Football's not really that complicated. Exploit the other team's weakness. In our case it's the OLine. Stafford is getting slaughtered out there. I get it though...he needs to be better but there's only so much he can do. He's not Aaron Rodgers and that's the problem with this fanbase. And you're exaggerating btw. What else is new though? Lol. He hasn't msde any team pay on the blitz?? Stfu dude cmon lol.

Who the fuck is gonna be deep by the time Stafford finishes his drop, because the dline is already in his face? Who the hell do we have that can stretch the field, or even get separation? The oline is getting him killed, the play calling is horrid which may be because our talent on the oline can't hold blocks long enough to take some shots. I'm done bitching about Stafford until this oline is respectable, and worthy of NFL talent. A qb is only as good as the line protecting him.

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lhget9ggFg

Pretty sure they blitzed on this touchdown pass but you'll all prolly say it was a great catch, which it was but still..... Feel like he would beat the defender easily had the guy not held on to his jersey for dear life....

Last edited:
On pace for over 60 sacks. Hasnt happened in a decade. Its the injured oline and limited mobility due to injury

Back