Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Remaining NFC North Schedules

Min has the same last 3 as us. Next 5 will be what matters and we need to make up 2 games. Tough but possible.

They are at Pack and home versus Bears and Bengals. We are home Pack/Bears and at Bengals.

They have a tough next 5. 4 road and home against Rams. Lions get Browns, at Bears, Vikings (huge game), at Ravens, at Bucs. Lions much easier opponents with major QB problems

Lions could be in first before the Thanksgiving game. Beat Browns and at Bears. Vikings lose at Redskins and to Rams

Last edited:
We actually do have a chance to pull a "run the table" a la Rodgers and go 12-4. Gotta execute. Thanksgiving game is super important.

I got us winning 4 more games and finishing at 9-7.

Bears once
Ravens or Bengals but not both
Bucs
GB

I got us winning 4 more games and finishing at 9-7.

Bears once
Ravens or Bengals but not both
Bucs
GB

I don't see us going better than 10-6. An 6-1 finish to the season is just overly optimistic imo. Might win us the division, but I doubt it. I think Minnesota goes 11-5, no worse

Lions most likely executing properly finish is 7-0. They are better than all 6 teams (Bears twice) that they face. Division at home for 3 of them.

Could they drop 2 due to injuries or lack of execution of their extreme talent or ref error for 10-6 sure.

Lions beat the Vikings. They only need Vikings to drop one more game more than Detroit. Even at 11-5 (Vikings 4-3 finish) tied or 10-6 tied (Vikings 3-4 finish), Lions would win the division with a sweep of the Vikings

Rams, Detroit, Carolina and Atlanta can hand the Vikings some losses (at least 3). at Packers have a shot too to beat Minnesota. Cincy and Chicago in Minnesota probably won't

Last edited:
Don't see Goff beating the Vikings, I just don't. Don't see Atlanta beating Minni either, the Falcons are hit or miss this year. I could see Chicago beating the Lions this weekend too. They gave us huge problems last year, and don't think they're any worse this year

Last edited:
Lions most likely executing properly finish is 7-0. They are better than all 6 teams (Bears twice) that they face. Division at home for 3 of them.

that is NOT the most likely finish even if they execute properly. They may be better than most of the teams they face but they aren't better than MN.

that is NOT the most likely finish even if they execute properly. They may be better than most of the teams they face but they aren't better than MN.

Lions beat the Vikings in their house. Yes we are better than Minnesota. A good bit better. Lions more balanced team with O, D and ST

Lions beat the Vikings in their house. Yes we are better than Minnesota. A good bit better. Lions more balanced team with O, D and ST

PFF special teams rankings https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2017-nfl-mid-season-special-team-rankings

#1 MN
#13 Lions

Offensive rankings

yards per game

MN #10 363.8
DET #18 336.9

Passing yards per game

DET #8 254.3
MN # 12 245.8

Rushing yards per game

MN #11 118.0
DET # 29 82.6

points per game

DET #6 27.1
MN #10 24.1

Defensive Rankings

Total yards

MN #5 294.6
DET #22 349.7

passing yards D

MN #12 217.9
DET #25 247.4

rushing yards D

MN #3 81.3
DET # 10 102.2

Points per game

MN # 5 18.3
Det #21 23.3

Last edited:
PFF special teams rankings https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2017-nfl-mid-season-special-team-rankings

#1 MN
#13 Lions

Offensive rankings

yards per game

MN #10 363.8
DET #18 336.9

Passing yards per game

DET #8 254.3
MN # 12 245.8

Rushing yards per game

MN #11 118.0
DET # 29 82.6

points per game

DET #6 27.1
MN #10 24.1

Defensive Rankings

Total yards

MN #5 294.6
DET #22 349.7

passing yards D

MN #12 217.9
DET #25 247.4

rushing yards D

MN #3 81.3
DET # 10 102.2

Points per game

MN # 5 18.3
Det #21 23.3

Lions more turnovers forced. Close passer rating D. Both solid run Ds

Lions better passing game than the Vikings

Vikings run game similar without Cook now.

Lions better ST. They have great coverage and better returning with Agnew. Punting better with Martins return

LIONS BEAT THE VIKINGS IN MINNESOTA. Caldwell is 5-2 vs Zimmer

Last edited:
Lions do not have a solid run d anymore, Vikings d is better hands down.

Lions have the better QB, better weapons, same defense and better ST and coaching

Run game is close but Viking a little better

Can't wait until the Lions sweep them.

Back