Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Donald Trump: The Wall

turok

Pretty cleverly done montage of mostly DT throughout the years up to '17 while using the music and lyrics of most of Pink Floyd's The Wall album as its soundtrack. I have watched a few similar self-made videos on You Tube, but they were only of one song, being "In The Flesh?" or "Waiting For The Worms."

https://vimeo.com/194220676

Classic/progressive rock music is obviously not everyone's cup of tea here on DSF, if so, and/or you are a Trump supporter, then I suggest just skipping it.

Thought that it was the epitome of irony that a pro border-wall/Trump group had made buttons using The Wall album cover, considering that Roger Waters has made it very clear that he absolutely despises the Donald.

Have I mentioned on here that I'm not fundamentally against the wall? If it could secure the border in a cost effective way, I'd support it.

Have I mentioned on here that I'm not fundamentally against the wall? If it could secure the border in a cost effective way, I'd support it.

Gulo, I am sorry, but no matter what anybody claims, there's no cost-effective way to build a wall tall enough to keep drug dealers in Mexico from catalpulting bags of drugs over it.

Like millions of my fellow Americans, I enjoy taking a morning stroll along our southern border. and while I've never heard anyone complain about scoring a free bag of drugs, having to wear a helmet to prevent a concussion when struck with a flying bag of drugs is very inconvenient and affects my abilty to enjoy the area. plus, given the hotter climate along the southern border, I'd much rather be able to wear a light sun hat, instead of a hot, heat-trapping helmet.

So I am fundamentally against the wall. I'd much rather have no wall, so drug dealers will not need to catapult bags of drugs over it to their American customers, instead of simply walking over and handing them the drugs, or leaving them near the border line with a note on them about who they belong to.

Gulo, I am sorry, but no matter what anybody claims, there's no cost-effective way to build a wall tall enough to keep drug dealers in Mexico from catalpulting bags of drugs over it.

Like millions of my fellow Americans, I enjoy taking a morning stroll along our southern border. and while I've never heard anyone complain about scoring a free bag of drugs, having to wear a helmet to prevent a concussion when struck with a flying bag of drugs is very inconvenient and affects my abilty to enjoy the area. plus, given the hotter climate along the southern border, I'd much rather be able to wear a light sun hat, instead of a hot, heat-trapping helmet.

So I am fundamentally against the wall. I'd much rather have no wall, so drug dealers will not need to catapult bags of drugs over it to their American customers, instead of simply walking over and handing them the drugs, or leaving them near the border line with a note on them about who they belong to.

That's a pretty long hike you take to get to that there border; nothing but the coastline of the Gulf of Mexico for about 350 miles before you get there...

overviewmap2.gif

I am of the opinion that it would only be effective in keeping out the illegals who do sweat labor for peanuts, that no Murkins would want to do for minimum wage, if not double that. Farmers are already freaking out about the possibility of unharvested crops rotting in their fields....dummies should have given more thought about voting for Trump.

That's a pretty long hike you take to get to that there border; nothing but the coastline of the Gulf of Mexico for about 350 miles before you get there...

overviewmap2.gif

we have one of those Elon Musk hyperloop thingies. it's a 5 min trip from my front door.

I am of the opinion that it would only be effective in keeping out the illegals who do sweat labor for peanuts, that no Murkins would want to do for minimum wage, if not double that. Farmers are already freaking out about the possibility of unharvested crops rotting in their fields....dummies should have given more thought about voting for Trump.

Well, they work harvesting a lot more crops than just peanuts...lettuce tomatoes, watermelons...pretty much everything.

I remember my dear departed dad ruminating on his childhood in the 1920's and 1930's in a tiny little farming village in the Saginaw Valley...all the way back then, migrant workers from Mexico would come up for the summer to work on the harvest...most went back I guess, although some stayed and settled and started families.

I don't know what the immigration laws were back then, but I don't think it was viewed as that big of a problem...there was already the Depression going on, and soon to follow there was going to be Hitler, and shit...

My late mother picked blueberries and strawberries as a child/teen in MI's UP during the Great Depression, while my grandmother took in laundry and grandfather/uncle chopped down trees to drag by horse in winter to a sawmill for meager income. Theirs was a hardscrabble small farm lifestyle, which improved dramatically when they sold it and moved to Detroit, pre-WWIi. She told me how often that she and my aunts got stung by bees, hornets and wasps while picking.

I recall seeing the tiny houses that migrant workers lived in while harvesting cherries and apples from fruit tree orchards in NW lower MI in the 60s-70s. They were maybe 10x the size of a wooden outhouse, and ~twice as high. I also sometimes picked apples and strawberries up north to earn some extra spending money while on summer vacation, along with a few friends ~my age who lived up there year-round. It took longer than you would think, to fill up a bushel of apples, and a basket of strawberries for a few bucks.

Last edited:
Isn't that counter-intuitive to whole concept of a casual, morning stroll...?

no, you misunderstand. it's a 5 minute hyperloop trip to the border. the hyperloop pops you out, about 30 meters from the border.

once you pop out, then you take your casual morning stroll.

Mike Pence threatened to shut down the hyperloop for contributing to indecency and sin, because he heard stories of gangs of teenage boys sitting by the exit, hoping to catch sight of women's tops popping off as they came out of the hyperloop.

no, you misunderstand. it's a 5 minute hyperloop trip to the border. the hyperloop pops you out, about 30 meters from the border.

once you pop out, then you take your casual morning stroll.

Mike Pence threatened to shut down the hyperloop for contributing to indecency and sin, because he heard stories of gangs of teenage boys sitting by the exit, hoping to catch sight of women's tops popping off as they came out of the hyperloop.

It is way to bad that Abigail Spencer as Lucy Preston is always dressed in bulky period outfits every time she steps out of the time machine in Timeless.

getimage.aspx

Not for drugs. I'm not opposed to a wall as one part of a plan (that would need several other parts) aimed at minimizing a population of second class citizens in the US. It ain't right.

Then we need to raise prices and pay more, automate, subsidize, or let it die. But maintaining a population of second class citizens ain't right.

It is way to bad that Abigail Spencer as Lucy Preston is always dressed in bulky period outfits every time she steps out of the time machine in Timeless.

getimage.aspx

she couldn't wear that here in stupid ass Texas. at least not during the summer.

she couldn't wear that here in stupid ass Texas. at least not during the summer.

It's spring in Mansfield Township New Jersey, May 6, 1937 to be exact.

The black guy is the time machine pilot, the chick is one of the most notable and accomplised historians in the country, and the white guy is a super soldier.

They have followed a rogue foriegn agent Who has stolen the other of the two existing top secret time machines who has traveled back for whatever reason To the time and location of the crash of the Hindenburg. The US government fears his mission is to alter the course of history and they are sending this team after him for the super soldier to kill him before he's able to accomplish this.

So no, it wasn't Houston in the summer.

Last edited:

Good to know that perusing Musk's Hyperloop does not require the removal of all clothing beforehand, ala the time-machine device created by Cyberdyne Systems/Skynet...although no mention of also needing to remove piercings was given, and what would happen if they weren't.

https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/theres-a-real-robotics-company-called-cyberdyne-and-now-1679979930

Most Hyperloop travelers' nekkid bodies, of course, would not be exactly leer-worthy either.

Last edited:
Then we need to raise prices and pay more, automate, subsidize, or let it die. But maintaining a population of second class citizens ain't right.

The long-term "plan" is to replace pittance-paid illegal labor who are employed as domestics, and in meat cutting-packing plants, restaurants, orchards, farms, ect...with AI robots/droids, but the initially expensive outlay of funds needed to staff these private businesses could likely be much more than these crooked, greedy, and selfish capitalist sociopaths would be willing to spend.

Interesting how the employers of illegals are never singled out by leading conservatives and GOP lawmakers for their unlawful tax and FICA/workers compensation-avoiding contributions to the "problem" of illegal immigration.

But hey, as we all should know very well, the glorious "free market" here in Murka is self-policing, and needs to be unfettered from ALL forms of govmint regulations!!

Last edited:
Back