Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Now we just need...

Michchamp

MSU and PSU to lose 3 more games each, and OSU to lose one plus another to us.

Then we'll be Indianapolis Bound, BABY!!!!

dickvitale.jpg

okay, so penn st and msu just need two more losses each, and osu 1. here we go! christmas miracle coming early this year.

I think Sparty will lose the next two vs PSU and OSU. We get OSU in AA this year, and with Peters now playing QB, who knows, maybe Michigan can pull off the win. I don't think PSU will lose again. Maybe @ MD, but I doubt it.

Shows how big that freaking loss to MSU was. They could be in the drivers seat for a chance to get to Indy.

Shows how big that freaking loss to MSU was. They could be in the drivers seat for a chance to get to Indy.

Yup. Stinks we gagged so bad in that game because Jim was to stubborn to play Peters.

Last edited:
Bump...

an ohio state university goes down like a cheap whore.

one more loss for PennSt...

two more losses for Michigan St, & they play some ohio state university next week.

Msu is not losing to Maryland at home and Rutgers on the road after the osu game next week.

Msu is not losing to Maryland at home and Rutgers on the road after the osu game next week.

hungry explained the more likely scenario, where UM, MSU, OSU all tie @ 6-2. we would have the best overall record tie breaker. and maybe even against PennSt. if they finish 6-2... we'd probably outrank them if we beat OSU

hungry explained the more likely scenario, where UM, MSU, OSU all tie @ 6-2. we would have the best overall record tie breaker. and maybe even against PennSt. if they finish 6-2... we'd probably outrank them if we beat OSU

Well that would be ok with me but it would be nice to put a beat down on osu like Iowa did today . That had to feel good. Well Iowa is in the same boat we are verses osu . Only 4-15-1 versss osu last 20, and now 15-47 overall. I think we are 5-15 last twenty Vs them. God it just blows ..

No wonder Iowa's fans rushed the field .

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin...tart=1869&end=2016&team1=Iowa&team2=OhioState

Last edited:
I'm pretty confident that if M, OSU, and MSU all finish 6-2, we aren't going. There's no way we'd have tiebreakers over the other two.

I'm pretty confident that if M, OSU, and MSU all finish 6-2, we aren't going. There's no way we'd have tiebreakers over the other two.

So it would have to be a 4 way tie with psu !!!!!

I agree three way tie we have no shot .

Well, you'd be wrong, because UM went 3-0 in the nonconference. The 3 teams would be tied head2head, 1-1, then it would go to the overall record. MSU and OSU would have 3 losses, Michigan 2.

Still a longshot either way.

Hmm, interesting!! You never know, PSU looks shell shocked all of a sudden.

4 way tie and we're out

UM and PSU would be eliminated due to being 1-2 against the other 2

So basically the way it has to play out is:

-M wins remaining games
-MSU loses to OSU
-PSU loses one more.

Is that right?

Maybe, I might have to apologize. I'll have to research it. Someone mentioned on some other board something about divisional record being a tiebreaker. Stupid, I know, but if that is the case, we might need Armageddon

Lol it's all good, that's what I read somewhere too. That we would need the above scenario to play out as well as MSU losing twice. Which I doubt will happen.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/archive/081011aaa.html

so i was wrong. my bad

anyway

Michigan needs to win out

PSU needs to lose again

MSU needs to lose twice

no problem lol!

I don't think MSU needs to lose twice. they just need to lose to OSU. the rest of that is accurate though.

we win a three way tie between UM, MSU, OSU. No one team holds a tiebreaker against the other two & we have the better overall record.

We lose a four way tie between UM, MSU, OSU & PSU to PSU. OSU & MSU are eliminated because of worse overall records. PSU wins head-to-head against UM.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must not have even clicked on my link

divisional record is the #2 tiebreaker in a multiteam tie

overall record is the #7 tiebreaker

Michigan lost both of their big ten games to big ten east opponents

MSU and OSU did not

Last edited:
Back