Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Which play is more lion esque?

Which is more lionesque?

• Durham throwing the ball in bounds to give it to the other team

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Tate finally catches a ball further than 5 yards and fumbles it with no one touching him

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Caldwell establishing the run down 14

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A guy named Jim Bob runs our offense

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
We seem to remember those special plays, but the coaching has always sucked. Jim Bob is just the latest in a line of failure.

I'll take Caldwell. He reflects the attitude of a team. Lions are pussies.

Last edited:
Cooter should be forced out, can't believe they resigned Caldwell. I hate this team under these coaches

Some tough poll questions. The first two happens way too often. The thing with Jim Bob is he seems to get praise or criticism depending on whether Matt does well or not. Caldwell blows.. Not a surprise there.

Last edited:
Cooter should be forced out, can't believe they resigned Caldwell. I hate this team under these coaches

I'm sure I'm with a LOT of people on this.....but there is NO WAY IN HELL this team goes anywhere but a first round playoff loss with the current staff. The coaching is terrible at some very essential aspects of football that you need to consistently win in this league .

1. Red zone offense. See tonight.

2. Pressure on the QB. We don't have the talent to get it without blitzing and we don't have the balls to blitz.

3. A running game. It's more than the backs.....a good portion of blame goes to scheme and predictability.

Caldwell and Jim Bob need to go......and though I like Austin that probably means he gone too.

Is it sad that this was probably the most watchable lions game of the year for me? Offense clicking, and extending drives, only to shit the bed all game long in the red zone. But still watchable. How was that defense only allowing like 150 yards per game through the air is what I want to know? Seemed like a bend don't break mentality type defense to me

The 3rd down run from the 6 yard line. was very very bad. Not the time to try and trick them

Giving up a 97 yard TD on 3rd and pined inside the 5. That was typ8ical Lions right there.

That was the game.

Long ago I used to get upset and throw shit when stuff liked that happened, now I just SMH and say how many years do we have to keep watching this same result!

Last edited:
Giving up a 97 yard TD on 3rd and pined inside the 5. That was typ8ical Lions right there.

That was the game.

Long ago I used to get upset and throw shit when stuff liked that happened, now I just SMH and say how many years do we have to keep watching this same result!

That's the great thing about having a brain.. You decide what to watch and what not to.

it's a sickness I tells ya!, I can't look away no matter how hard I try.

I know some will criticize me because I still give my opinion now and again but I haven't watched a game this season. Lions or otherwise.. I needed a break - the Lions are boring to watch and I rather do other things. I watched some of the Pistons game, and played some Uncharted 4. I had a nice night..

My dad taught me something when I was a kid, he smoked a couple packs a day, and drank a little too. He was 45 at the time and quit both cold turkey. I guess I'm like that a little bit.. I don't drink pop or eat fries any more. Just need to stop eating those Oreo's. Damn are they good.

unfortunately or fortunately I am not much of a basketball fan. I never watch any basketball except for NCAA tourney season here and there only because I throw darts and donate to those bracket things every year.

That was the game.

I disagree. I think the biggest play of the game was Killabrew just standing there letting Brown catch that ball inside the 5. That was a 3rd and long play and would have forced them to punt.

I think it was the biggest play because Killabrew SAW that ball from the release. Not only did he not read it correctly..... he just fucking stood there while Brown adjusted....ran back around him and jumped in front of him. It is absolutely the most frustrating thing to even think about. HE HAD A WIDE OPEN INT.....but was so lazy instead of high pointing the ball he did nothing while Brown was aggressive to it and made a play. Inexcusable.

I know some will criticize me because I still give my opinion now and again but I haven't watched a game this season. Lions or otherwise.. I needed a break - the Lions are boring to watch and I rather do other things. I watched some of the Pistons game, and played some Uncharted 4. I had a nice night..

My dad taught me something when I was a kid, he smoked a couple packs a day, and drank a little too. He was 45 at the time and quit both cold turkey. I guess I'm like that a little bit.. I don't drink pop or eat fries any more. Just need to stop eating those Oreo's. Damn are they good.

Oreos and milk......mmmmmmmmmmmm. Not many things better.

Back