Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Remaining BT schedule

biggunsbob

Big Ten East. Ohio st and Michigan st control their destiny to the big ten title game.

Ohio St 5-1 (7-2).
Msu 7-2.
Illinois 2-7.
@ Michigan 7-2.

Msu 5-1 (7-2).
@ osu 7-2.
Maryland 4-5.
@ Rutgers 4-5.

Psu 4-2 (7-2)
Rutgers 4-5.
Nebraska 4-5.
@ Maryland 4-5.

Michigan 4-2 (7-2).
@ Maryland 4-5.
@ Wisconsin 9-0.
Osu 7-2.

Big Ten west.
Wisconsin is in the drivers seat but have a tougher schedule then Northwestern now that Iowa has found something.

Wisconsin 6-0 (9-0)
Iowa 6-3.
Michigan 7-2
@ Minnesota 4-5.

Northwestern 4-2 (6-3).
Purdue 4-5.
Minnesota 4-5.
@ Illinois 2-7.

Iowa 3-3 (6-3).
@ Wisconsin 9-0.
Purdue 4-5.
@ Nebraska 4-5.

Nebraska 3-3 (4-5).
@ Minnesota 4-5.
@ Penn st.
Iowa 6-3.

Last edited:
not a lot of opportunities for our opponents to get losses remaining.

MSU game fucked our chances plain and simple. Just like the Iowa game fucked us last year.

Despite some nice outcomes this weekend, there is very little chance we get back in the division race. We would need both MSU and PSU to drop a game to somebody like Maryland or Rutgers. I could see Nebraska beating PSU I suppose, but even that seems unlikely. That's all assuming OSU beats MSU, which is no guarantee at all.

Not going to get caught up in all that wishful thinking. Michigan can still have a decent season if they can win 2 of their last 3 here (obviously OSU being the one we really want). It would still be disappointing overall, but it is what it is.

If OSU loses to MSU...

I will eat my shoe.

not happening.

If OSU loses to MSU...

I will eat my shoe.

not happening.

Why not? You really still doubt Dantonio and that program in a big game? I give them as good a chance as anybody.

If MSU pulls off that win they are going to pretty much cruise to the division title. They will be ready to go.

If OSU loses to MSU...

I will eat my shoe.

not happening.

Yeah I wouldn't say that . Msu plays osu tough and Mark has beaten them in the big ten title game and his only 2 other wins were in Columbus. So he has a 3-4 record verses them if I counted right. That is not to shabby . Look i think osu will regroup and have a good game next week but heck who knows the big ten east is a pretty tough divison.

Last edited:
MSU game fucked our chances plain and simple. Just like the Iowa game fucked us last year.

Despite some nice outcomes this weekend, there is very little chance we get back in the division race. We would need both MSU and PSU to drop a game to somebody like Maryland or Rutgers. I could see Nebraska beating PSU I suppose, but even that seems unlikely. That's all assuming OSU beats MSU, which is no guarantee at all.

Not going to get caught up in all that wishful thinking. Michigan can still have a decent season if they can win 2 of their last 3 here (obviously OSU being the one we really want). It would still be disappointing overall, but it is what it is.

Our dumb ass coaching staff decided to throw instead of sticking to the ground when the damn monsoon hit in the msu game is still baffling to me.

Last edited:
Michigan definitely has the toughest remaining schedule. Wisc is probably second. I guess anything can happen. I was kind of glad to see Peters take a couple of hits yesterday, especially that big one, and get back into the game. They will be coming after him trying to knock him out of the game. Seems the offense drops off considerably without him. Running game is hitting its stride, but the passing game is weak, doesn't appear to be any down field passing. Expect the remaining teams to stack the line to force Michigan into a passing game. Hope Jimmy can get the blocking, Peters and the receivers ready.

After going over everything, the things that need to happen for us are 3 things. 1) MSU loses to Ohio St. 2) PSU has to lose one more time 3) Michigan has to win out. Michigan would go to Indy because of better overall record. I thought that with a 4 way tie Michigan would go if higher ranked. That would be the case if everyone had the same overall record of 10-2 and conference record of 7-2. But since OSU and State have OOC losses this won't be the case if either loses again. Big things, I know, but the most unlikely of things put this into motion yesterday. Shit it still possible.

your schedule isn't that much harder than ours. wisco, Pur and Minnie isn't "easily" tougher than Iowa, NW and Minnie. wisco may be the best team in the west but they're no better than 3rd, probably 4th, possibly even 5th in the east.

serious question for those complaining about the MSU game "screwing" you - do you think Michigan is the better team this year?

Last edited:
your schedule isn't that much harder than ours. wisco, Pur and Minnie isn't "easily" tougher than Iowa, NW and Minnie. wisco may be the best team in the west but they're no better than 3rd, probably 4th, possibly even 5th in the east.

serious question for those complaining about the MSU game "screwing" you - do you think Michigan is the better team this year?

I don't see anybody in this thread who is complaining? If you're referring to my post where I said the MSU game "fucked us" that just means it is the game that hurt Michigan's chances at a division title the most. Penn State we got blown out hard and it was clear we weren't staying with them that night. MSU game could have gone either way, and Michigan had plenty of chances to win but did not. So that is the one that "got away" that we could have had.

Plus the question about the schedules was for the last three games which no doubt Michigan probably has the toughest remaining last three games.

Plus the question about the schedules was for the last three games which no doubt Michigan probably has the toughest remaining last three games.

maybe you missed this...

we've easily had the toughest Big Ten schedule this year, and toughest remaining.

I don't think you can make a real case that uofm's B1G schedule has been much if any tougher than everyone else's.

maybe you missed this...

I don't think you can make a real case that uofm's B1G schedule has been much if any tougher than everyone else's.

perhaps you can elaborate further.

we love to hear your opinions about things.

Do you think msu wins in Ann Arbor last month if they turned the ball over five times?

If OSU loses to MSU...

I will eat my shoe.

not happening.

Why not? You really still doubt Dantonio and that program in a big game? I give them as good a chance as anybody.

If MSU pulls off that win they are going to pretty much cruise to the division title. They will be ready to go.

Yeah I wouldn't say that . Msu plays osu tough and Mark has beaten them in the big ten title game and his only 2 other wins were in Columbus. So he has a 3-4 record verses them if I counted right. That is not to shabby . Look i think osu will regroup and have a good game next week but heck who knows the big ten east is a pretty tough divison.

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP.

I knew OSU would beat MSU. I suspected it would be an ass whipping as well, but this... 42-3 early in the 3rd...?

LOL at the dumbass MSU fans who thought they could be a playoff team.

LOL at the dumbass MSU fans who mocked me for saying home field matters as well as when you play certain opponents.

fuckin' idiots!

Back