Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Metellus can play the entire game this weekend

He did rush up to the player and get in the guys face after the initial incident. The guy was going to be tossed and while Metellus didn't throw any punches, etc. he did escalate things after the players had been separated and things were calming down. I don't think he should have been tossed, but understand why. He shouldn't be barred from playing this week, but the Minn player should for throwing the punch.

If Metellus had stayed out of it, only the Minn player would have been ejected and there would not have been offsetting penalties. So, by doing what he did he hurt the team. This team needs to start playing smarter!

Last edited:
I agree he didn't need to be ejected, but it's clear we're "on notice" that the refs are just looking for an excuse to fuck us this season, so there's no excuse for escalating shit like that. just walk away.

Actually, that ejection had no validity whatsoever. Never(in my entire life) have I ever saw someone ejected for jawing or pushing, ever. There was an unsportsmanlike penalty assessed in those cases, that's it. The dude for Minny hit 2 players, Kinnel and Mettelus. He should have been the only one ejected with Mettelus receiving an unsportsmanlike. That whole incident was weird on the refs part.

Last edited:
Actually, that ejection had no validity whatsoever. Never(in my entire life) have I ever saw someone ejected for jawing or pushing, ever. There was an unsportsmanlike penalty assessed in those cases, that's it. The dude for Minny hit 2 players, Kinnel and Mettelus. He should have been the only one ejected with Mettelus receiving an unsportsmanlike. That whole incident was weird on the refs part.

I expect that things escalated after Metellus got in the guy's face and started jawing lowered the bar for his ejection. Under most circumstances he probably would not have been ejected. He shouldn't have gotten in the guys face at all and it would have been a bigger benefit to the team.

Back