Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Flames 6 Red Wings 3 Final

Mantha scored !!!! With 3.3 seconds left in period.

5-3.

Mantha at end of 2nd.

Jagr keeps playing because he can. Plus he needs to keep Kladno HC in business.

Shots in the second period
Detroit 20
Calgary 11

Goals 3 to 3 :/

That pass was way better then the finsh in my opinion lol..

Need to have strong 3rd on both ends of the ice.. Need to score early.

Be sweet if they could steal this game or a point at least.

Damn the wings are all over them this period so far.

Oh well.. I like watching those young guys play. Big home stand coming.. Need to win.

Oh well.. I like watching those young guys play. Big home stand coming.. Need to win.

13 of their next 15 are at home. That's pretty crazy, not sure I've ever seen that before.

If Wings want to make it back to the playoffs they need to take advantage of this stretch for sure. Will be a ton of road games later in the year.

13 of their next 15 are at home. That's pretty crazy, not sure I've ever seen that before.

If Wings want to make it back to the playoffs they need to take advantage of this stretch for sure. Will be a ton of road games later in the year.

They've had 12 of the first 17 on road so it evens out a bit. Looking at all the road games .500 doesn't seem so bad.

Back to .500 .

I know this is being pedantic, but we aren't back to .500, we are below .500. We lost 9 games to 8 wins, just because one loss was in overtime doesn't make it disappear. We also have two overtime (SO) wins, and those certainly aren't discounted.

League average point percentage:

2016-17: 55.9%
2015-16: 55.6%
2014-15: 56.2%
2013-14: 56.2%
2012-13: 55.6%
2011-12: 56.1%
2010-11: 56.0%

I should note 1998-9 was the last season every game was worth 2 points.
1999-2000 was the first season the OTL point was added inflating the standings.

I believe what Bob was referring to is that the club is back at 50% point share. But with today's inflated rating, 56% is the new 50%.

I should not the Wings point total from last season when normalizing for old scoring systems:

57 PTS pre OTL point
70 PTS with OTL point

That would be the worst Wings season since 85-6 when they recorded a mere 40 points in 80 games.

The GMs love the loser point it helps inflate their standings which inturn helps them retain their positions.

Back