Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mayhew pre draft presser

thehippo73

You knew no great info would come out but the line about the draft being weak at TE was priceless. He said it was a good thing it was weak for us.

That tells me that if there was a good TE there, this guy would seriously consider taking a TE.

Okay if it doesn't mean that, it must mean we will trade one of our TEs for picks.

Mayhew also said he relies heavily on scouts for the late round pick and he basically controls the first 2-3 rounds.

You knew no great info would come out but the line about the draft being weak at TE was priceless. He said it was a good thing it was weak for us.

That tells me that if there was a good TE there, this guy would seriously consider taking a TE.

You're high

What does it mean then?

Or did his words mean nothing?

It means since we took Ebron, it doesn't matter that there isn't a top TE prospect this year. It would have been a possible need without Ebron in the fold.

Most importantly they are picking up Reiff's 5th year option. One less need for 2016 season. Reiff is a Lion two more seasons at least. They could get a deal done too.

They offered Rob Sims a contract. And Levy talks have started too.

I suspect it means he's glad he drafted a TE last year. Maybe justifying it..

Last edited:
They offered Rob Sims a contract. And Levy talks have started too.

Mayhew said he spoke to Rob Sims' agent three weeks ago and had a contract offer out. Hasn't heard anything back since then.

per Tim Twentyman

That doesn't sound like Sims is coming back unless he gets no other offers and we have no other options

The guy was bad last year, getting older and now gets an offer? He was a nice OLINE addition when we got him but cut bait. Are we going to keep him 6 years too long just like Crayola?

The guy was bad last year, getting older and now gets an offer? He was a nice OLINE addition when we got him but cut bait. Are we going to keep him 6 years too long just like Crayola?

I thought he played rather well the back half of the season. I'm all for bringing him back on a team friendly contract. He will be better than anything else we can pull.

I thought he played rather well the back half of the season. I'm all for bringing him back on a team friendly contract. He will be better than anything else we can pull.

I rather draft a young guy i guess. Of course I don't know where we'd get one when I think we need a DE, DT, CB and a TE .. not enough picks.

They can still draft a guard, but it's always nice to have a cheap serviceable vet as a safety net.

Sims played well down the stretch. He was batttling injury in the first half of the season and some of 2013. He's a good guard when healthy. 2010-2012 he was definitely good and second half of 2014 he was good.

Sims will wait until after the draft. Probably a cheap offer too since he's still out there. Get him cheap. Smart move by Mayhew. I'd still draft an Olinemen but it's probably a right tackle.

Sims has stated publicly he wants to be here.

When I see someone state publicly they want to stay, at this junction end of April, it's time to move on.

When I see someone state publicly they want to stay, at this junction end of April, it's time to move on.

He said it in February. Sims played well in the second half of the season. Bring him back nice and cheap.

You complain when we don't have a LG, you complain when we go after a good vet.

He said it in February. Sims played well in the second half of the season. Bring him back nice and cheap.

You complain when we don't have a LG, you complain when we go after a good vet.

Just because you think he's a good vet doesn't mean I have to agree. I think it's time to move on..Suh me ;-)

Back