Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Week 15 other games....

Steelers just got job'd by the Calvin Johnson rule lol gawd that process of a catch is the dumbest thing ever, ball never left his hands those should count imo

It wasn't even close to a catch and I am not a fan of either team.I hope both never win another super bowl but I would root for either over any nfc north team or the cowboys.. not a fan of seattle either . Amazing game though .. Wish the lions were as good as Pittsburgh and New England.

Last edited:
Could care less either just hate seeing that rule screw over the outcome of a game it brings up bad memories they really need to tweak it

Last edited:
He didn't control that ball to the ground . That part of the rule is good. He bobbled it and needs to hold on to the ball through the stretch .

Last edited:
He didn't control that ball to the ground . That part of the rule is good. He bobbled it and needs to hold on to the ball through the stretch .

The ground caused the bobble, ball never left contact with either of his arms/hands

The rule needs tweaking

The rule is complete BS. So a guy can barely nick the "plane" of the end zone, and that's a TD.

But a guy grabs the ball, falls down, and it wiggles slightly at the end and it's not a TD.

The rule is complete BS. So a guy can barely nick the "plane" of the end zone, and that's a TD.

But a guy grabs the ball, falls down, and it wiggles slightly at the end and it's not a TD.

Exactly. Ball clearly breaks the invisible plane of the end zone before he has come to the ground with it. Thank god all my friends watch football. I can?t imagine watching the game with kids and them asking me to explain what is a catch.

Jason Garret, knowing his season is done with a loss, calls a fake punt, gets the 1st down, and scores a TD on the drive. If Caldwell had the balls to do similar things we would have a playoff win or at least a home playoff game by now.

Exactly. Ball clearly breaks the invisible plane of the end zone before he has come to the ground with it. Thank god all my friends watch football. I can?t imagine watching the game with kids and them asking me to explain what is a catch.

My oldest kid asked why that wasn't a TD, I said simply "fuck if I know." Parenting 101.

Dumb David Carr. You had the first down you dope. Holy shit how many breaks do the Cowboys always seem to get . Football 101. Know where the sticks are.

Last edited:
Dumb David Carr. You had the first down you dope. Holy shit how many breaks do the Cowboys always seem to get . Football 101. Know where the sticks are.

Doubt David was out there......he's probably too busy adding more Soul Glow....but Derek should have known better. Would have been 1st and goal from the 1 or 2.

Doubt David was out there......he's probably too busy adding more Soul Glow....but Derek should have known better. Would have been 1st and goal from the 1 or 2.

Yeah whatever brother it was he was stupid and didn't know down and distant to the first down with a timeout in his pocket. TERRIBLE awareness by him.. But then that wasn't a first down for the Cowboy's either. IT'S the Cowboys. Breaks abound for that club sadly .

Last edited:
Yeah whatever brother it was he was stupid and didn't know down and distant to the first down with a timeout in his pocket. TERRIBLE awareness by him.. But then that wasn't a first down for the Cowboy's either. IT'S the Cowboys. Breaks abound for that club sadly .

Nothing for the Soul Glow reference?

Damn, thought that was a good one.

The way the rule is because as a runner you've already established yourself. A receiver hasn't.

Complete control, two hands on ball, feet hit the ground. He is now a runner.

His falling forward to the end zone is him as a runner. He broke the plane, TD.

The rule is stupid.

The rule is stupid.

No. He needs to take a step. An action as they like to call it. What makes this any different that a pass caught at midfield, control and falls down?

Last edited:

The rule is stupid.

the rule is stupid. Along with the rule when an offensive player fumbles the ball out of the endzone the defense gets it at the 20 (end of the Raiders game)

His feet and knee hit the ground before the ball started "moving". That's the entire problem with this rule.

my tweak proposal would be something along the lines of that the ball is not required to be secured in full complete control of the receiver during the process of the catch if the ground caused the bobble and the ball never left full contact with the receiver if it was in control prior to the process of falling to the ground. step or no step. or however you want to word that.

Back