Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Why The Most Efficient Scorer In NBA History Is Stuck On The Bench

sggatecl

Detroit City FC
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-most-efficient-scorer-in-nba-history-is-stuck-on-the-bench/?addata=espn:nba:teams

Detroit?s Boban Marjanovic is a scoring machine, but his struggle for playing time shows how much the league has changed.

DETROIT ? What if I told you that in today?s stats-obsessed league ? where everything, including the arc of a shooter?s jump shot and the length of a player?s stride, can be spliced and measured ? perhaps the most efficient scorer in modern NBA history couldn?t get off the bench most nights?

That?s the reality for 7-foot-3 Pistons center Boban Marjanovic, who scores with unprecedented efficiency when he is on the court.1 Among players who?ve averaged 30 points per 100 possessions and played in at least 100 regular-season games, no player has been able to match Marjanovic in points per shot attempt, and those who have come closest are either already in the Hall of Fame or likely will be one day. He also currently leads the NBA2 by a wide margin in points per touch, according to data from Second Spectrum.

He's traditionally going against 2nd stringers.. Might be a reason. I guess you could give him more minutes and see what happens.

He's traditionally going against 2nd stringers.. Might be a reason. I guess you could give him more minutes and see what happens.

Such a liability on defense. I'd say his defense is more of a liability than Drummond's free throw shooting ever was.

He can get some blocks here and there on D but can't guard perimeter or the post what so ever

I think at 7'3" defense would be the first thing they'd teach him.

Back