Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade talks

They are looking at Evan Fournier out of Orlando.... Stanley still probably has a little bit of trade value, some team might think they can fix him and he's solid defensively at least.

Get KEMBA !!!

Zach Lowe listed Kemba to the Pistons as one of six realistic trades for the former all-star PG. Personally, I don't really get it. Kemba would probably be a bit better outside of Charlotte's garbage offense, but how much better? He's not a great outside shooter. He's not an elite passer. Kemba is basically just pre-injury Jackson, but without the years of built-up chemistry. That's a fine player, but not someone you trade up to 2 (as Lowe suggested it would take) first round picks.

Kemba, and Drummond could do some damage . I just worry he may cost to much.

That just seems way to much to give away for kemba.

Agreed. Too much for Kemba even though I would love him on the team.... Even though we haven't seen much of Ellenson, I think he still has pretty decent potential and will for sure be at least part of the rotation next year if not by the end of this one. I'd do Reggie, Stanley and a 2nd but not much else for Kemba.

Avery Bradley now thrown in to trade talks. Have to hope his value hasn't gone down for his play with us. But with playoff teams beginning to solidify, Avery is very much on an ideal pickup. He's expiring, he doesn't make star money (8.8 this year), and he's a realistic 3 and D player. He's not a shot creator (which had severely limited his impact with the Pistons), but he could slot in nicely around other stars.

Philly and Cleveland seem to make the most sense. Though I think the team is dumb to think they can turn this whole thing around, I can see refusing to help your main competition for the final playoff spot. Cleveland could use another body to throw at GS defensively who also can't be ignored on offense.

It's time to sell. This team is done, and the current structure is broken. Move on whatever pieces you can for draft picks and expiring contracts.

It's time to sell. This team is done, and the current structure is broken. Move on whatever pieces you can for draft picks and expiring contracts.

There's some evidence to suggest this team with a healthy Reggie (read: if he'd never gotten injured) might be a top 4 team in the East. But that ship has sailed, and the makeup of the team is such that it cannot survive without a high minutes shot-creator.

Drummond has shown very real and sustainable progress this year, but the team is not built to ever contend as currently constructed.

Blowing it up isn't realistic because many of our contracts aren't movable. But at this point, if we can turn any of our players (outside Drummond) into picks, we should.

There's some evidence to suggest this team with a healthy Reggie (read: if he'd never gotten injured) might be a top 4 team in the East. But that ship has sailed, and the makeup of the team is such that it cannot survive without a high minutes shot-creator.

Drummond has shown very real and sustainable progress this year, but the team is not built to ever contend as currently constructed.

Blowing it up isn't realistic because many of our contracts aren't movable. But at this point, if we can turn any of our players (outside Drummond) into picks, we should.

I think the only two players that have any value are Harris and Bradley.

Trade Drummond, Bradley , Harris, anyone and stock up on picks .

Trade Drummond, Bradley , Harris, anyone and stock up on picks .

I've been a proponent of trading Drummond in the past, but he's shown too much now. His free throw shooting, which had been torpedoing his offense the whole time, is perfectly respectable now. He can't just be hacked, and he doesn't have to sit at the end of games. He's also made serious strides as a passer from the free throw line - that's exactly the kind of progress he needs to create more space despite having no ability to shoot. Drummond has gone from somewhat overrated rebounder (like JJ Hickson) to real basketball player. After his efficiency cratered the last few years being asked to post-up and drive himself, he's efficiency is back up now that he's has the confidence to take a foul and now that he can find the open man instead of dribbling to nowhere.

There's not a pick we could receive that would equal Drummond's impact now.

That said, Bradley and Harris are good trade chips. Bradley, as I mentioned already, is an ideal weapon for a team that has to play the Warriors/Rockets/Celtics. He is best on an island, but he's one of the few that can slow guys like Curry/Harden/Irving one-on-one. Harris is actually turning into an ideal 3rd/4th option on a better team. He's become a lethal three point shooter, and he remains a more than solid at taking big men off the dribble. He's best as a smallball 4, which again is actually a better match-up for top teams. Obviously his contract is a lot, but its not nearly as onerous under the current cap.

It also helps that there are 3 teams with a serious chance to win the East and at least 2 teams that think they can challenge the Warriors in the west. This might be the best time in years to get multiple bidders on the guys we have.

Trade going down might be Blake Griffin to Detroit for Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris, Boban and a 1st.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/958120746169053184

"The Clippers and Pistons have agreed on a deal to trade Blake Griffin for Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic, a first-round and a second-round draft pick, league sources tell ESPN."

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/958121141540937728

"Clippers are includig Brice Johnson and Willie Reed in the trade, league sources tell ESPN."

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/958121789179203585

"Sources: Protections on Detroit's 2018 first-round pick headed to Clippers -- 2018: 1-4; 2019: 1-4; 2020: 1-4; 2021: unprotected. Detroit will send a 2019 second-round pick in the trade too."

Last edited:
Just a awful deal. Svg has lost his mind .

Unless Willie Reed turns into Willis Reed. This is a awful deal.

5 guys for 1, and two scrubs .

This is about selling sests.

Last edited:
Back