Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Republicans only want Republicans to vote

Sarcasm?

Backhanded compliments are veiled insults disguised as positive comments.

Must be painful to reach that far, and literally dislocate both of your arms.

Why would you compare me to a famously brave black female, instead of a white male civil rights supporter from the 60s?

Your sheet is showing.

and there it is - what difference does the color or gender of the civil rights hero I compare you to make? and if it did matter, why would I assume you're a white male? remember, this is a text thread, not a face to face conversation. how long did it take for the racism accusations? thanks for proving my point, I knew I could count on you.

Last edited:
Entitlements are being and have been used by more whites as a whole than minorities, including a prominent RW anti-entitlements luminary in SotH Paul Ryand. The percentages aren't even higher amongst Latinos:

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-18%20at%201.59.00%20PM.png

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...government-benefits-and-who-gets-them/266428/

Poor white conservatives in the South likely accounting for much of the 57% that is higher than moderates and liberals.

I would like to see the results if you removed people over the age of 65 who are recieving SS.

This is is a text-based thread, nothing gets "said".

"If you're eligible for entitlements, voting democrat definitely pays"

That chart indicates that receiving entitlements "pay" regardless of ideology, race, or political party.

"maybe some day the leftist posters here will do a little research instead of blaming racism for the reason behind everything they don't like."

I did with a chart and link, then of course you just dismiss it out of hand.

Racism is hardly the only reason, for some examples being the 01% RW billionares, who control the purse strings for Republican office seekers/holders and manipulate the political discourse in their favor are another, the corporate-owned M$M, who are called "leftists" by those who are so far alt-right, to be off the ideological radar, yet another. Then in addition being K Street lobbyists using $$ and "gifts" to curry favor in DC.

i dismissed it out if hand because you missed the point entirely. nobody "typed" that only people who voted for Democrats receive entitlements. this is just more pedantic nonsense. but thanks for pointing out that in a country that is majority white by a large margin, there are actually more white people receiving entitlements than black or Hispanic people. your sheet is showing, we can see your hood too.

why would I assume you're a white male? remember, this is a text thread, not a face to face conversation.

"just ask any woke white guy, like you."

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/showpost.php?p=808227&postcount=25

how long did it take for the racism accusations? thanks for proving my point, I knew I could count on you.

"Woke" being sarcastically used from its origin in black slang?

I have not read where that term has suddenly become part of conservative nomenclature, like "cuck" has.

You proved my point.

you're missing the point again and the fact that I'm making fun of your pedantic literalism. the gender and race of the person I compare you to doesn't matter, unless your a race baiting racist who thinks identity politics matter and that a person who happens to be white, making fun of another presumably white person bragging about his cultural awareness by comparing him to an actual civil rights hero, is racist. To state the obvious - I'm making fun of you, not Rosa Parks.

"Woke" being sarcastically used from its origin in black slang?

I have not read where that term has suddenly become part of conservative nomenclature, like "cuck" has.

You proved my point.

white people say woke all the time - why is that racist? Or is it only racist when white conservatives use it to make fun of liberals who brag about their wokeness? When will it officially be deemed part of the conservative nomenclature so I can use it without sounding racist? Is it racist to make fun of a widely used slang term just because of it's origins? Trust me, the term "woke" would be just as dumb if it was coined by white people. Again, this is all identity politics nonsense and identity politics are by definition racist.

Last edited:
you're missing the point again and the fact that I'm making fun of your pedantic literalism. the gender and race of the person I compare you to doesn't matter, unless your a race baiting racist who thinks identity politics matter and that a person who happens to be white, making fun of another presumably white person bragging about his cultural awareness by comparing him to an actual civil rights hero, is racist. To state the obvious - I'm making fun of you, not Rosa Parks.

white people say woke all the time - why is that racist? Or is it only racist when white conservatives use it to make fun of liberals who brag about their wokeness? When will it officially be deemed part of the conservative nomenclature so I can use it without sounding racist? Is it racist to make fun of a widely used slang term just because of it's origins? Trust me, the term "woke" would be just as dumb if it was coined by white people. Again, this is all identity politics nonsense and identity politics are by definition racist.

just stop... you're sounding like a complete jackass now, instead of only a regular jackass.

here's Chris Cuomo perennial contender for dumbest person on television, culturally appropriating that word. Is he racist too?

https://twitter.com/ChrisCuomo/status/950708771759718400

I don't know what Chris Cuomo's job at CNN is supposed to be.

The Cuomos are long time friends of my first wife's family, on her mother's side.

Years and years ago, long before I came onto the scene, which was also years and years ago, current New York Governor Andrew was my first wife's cousin's college boyfriend, and both families, I am told, kind of assumed the two would end up married.

But they didn't.

I view the departed former governor ol' Mario as being pretty much a blue-doggish, law and order Democrat in a very blue state, and I view the current governor the same way.

I don't know what Chris Cuomo's job at CNN is supposed to be.

The Cuomos are long time friends of my first wife's family, on her mother's side.

Years and years ago, long before I came onto the scene, which was also years and years ago, current New York Governor Andrew was my first wife's cousin's college boyfriend, and both families, I am told, kind of assumed the two would end up married.

But they didn't.

I view the departed former governor ol' Mario as being pretty much a blue-doggish, law and order Democrat in a very blue state, and I view the current governor the same way.

those are probably accurate views, although Andrew is probably a bit more liberal than Mario. Chris on the other hand is an insufferable leftist douche.

Back