Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4 Star WR Hunter Rison Recommits to MSU

johnny2x2x

He got to take a few visits, but his heart was always in EL. Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, and Oregon were his other top offers.

He gone, gonna tranfer according to his day it's because he feels he should've played more. Good luck to him. Bummed to see him go.

He was 4th on the team in receiving yards I believe I heard. Not sure what he is looking for but best of luck to him.

He was 4th on the team in receiving yards I believe I heard. Not sure what he is looking for but best of luck to him.

4th in yards, 6th in receptions. He got a lot of snaps for a freshman. His dad said on the radio it's about playing time. Don't get it, but good luck to him.

Not every kid is going to be Cody White as a freshman, he had some good moments.

I think Trishtan Jackson has a breakout season next year.

Rison was surprise attrition. Chase Gianacakos and Nick Padla have been known to be leaving for a while. Retiring from football.

Last edited:
That?s interesting. Didn?t see that one coming. Doesn?t really hurt the team though, there is a lot of WR talent.

That?s interesting. Didn?t see that one coming. Doesn?t really hurt the team though, there is a lot of WR talent.

His dad is giving him bad advice. So he might go the JUCO route and then transfer. Because he wants to be a feature receiver in 2019 for a Power 5 team. He had a much better chance to be a feature receiver for MSU in 2019 than he does for anyone else.

This is why we're bringing in a slot WR from CA in for a visit this week, Jalen Nailor. We'll make room for Tommie Bush no matter what if he picks us, but Nailor is being targeted because of Rison leaving.

too bad, he may not have made a lot of catches (lack of opportunities) but a lot of his catches were big. I think he's going to be a clutch player and it sucks to lose him.

too bad, he may not have made a lot of catches (lack of opportunities) but a lot of his catches were big. I think he's going to be a clutch player and it sucks to lose him.

This is exactly my thoughts as well. Seems like every catch he had was at a crucial point in the games.

Sounds like Hunter has his dad's ego but not quite the same talent. Andre was a bit of a head case but he was also one of the best if not the best athlete on the team.

Edit: sounds like he was suspended for domestic battery. That's a bit different - I don't recall his old man ever getting into trouble as a Spartan and really not until much later in his NFL career, after his girl Left Eye burned his house down.

Last edited:
Edit: sounds like he was suspended for domestic battery. That's a bit different - I don't recall his old man ever getting into trouble as a Spartan and really not until much later in his NFL career, after his girl Left Eye burned his house down.

Is she the kid?s mom?

Back