Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Moe is now a game-time decision tomorrow. Shit. Teske could do a fine job against MSU, but Austin Davis coming off the bench is not great, Bob.

OK sorry I let my updates fall to the wayside. I've spent the last week being humble. MSU fans/players/coaches should try it sometime...

so this week, Michigan got robbed AT HOME against Purdue by the refs. Even non-Michigan fans are saying this. Michigan should've won that game, but they didn't. I guess, as JB says, Michigan had their chances to win the game in other ways, but you still cannot deny the total screwjob at the end of the game.

Then IT happened. In a game that I decided to not even comment on beforehand, Michigan went into E Lansing and dominated the Sparties. All year, we've heard how Michigan was only going to get 1 game against MSU and it would be in E Lansing and that MSU was going to destroy Michigan to avenge last year's 29 point beatdown of Sparty in AA. Heck! Even Michigan fans, including myself, were saying this. Oops!! Michigan missed several easy lay-ups and some free throws at the end that would've made the double digit margin even larger. I was at work during most of the game, caught the end at the gym near work.

Next game is 1/15/18 at 6:30pm EST in AA vs Maryland

Looks like a short turnaround from a very emotional game in E. Lansing. Hopefully, the team doesn't have a letdown.

Go Blue!

Last edited:
Should've been a 2-0 week with Michigan beating 2 top 10 teams and staking a claim to the early big 10 season race. Dang!

Should've been a 2-0 week with Michigan beating 2 top 10 teams and staking a claim to the early big 10 season race. Dang!

Can't think that way. If they would have beaten Purdue, they could have very well lost to MSU. Everything changes.

Most recent game: Michigan came out flat in the first half vs Maryland in AA and was down 10 at the half. Michigan came roaring back in the 2nd half, tied it quickly, then went on to lead by 10 before going flat again. Michigan went to the line up 2 late and Simpson proceeded to miss both free throws, giving Maryland a chance. Maryland nailed a 3 with 3.2 seconds left to seemingly win it. An awesome OOB play from Livers to Rahk set up the game-tying and the game winning free throw with 1.2 seconds left, giving Michigan the win.

Next game: tomorrow 1/18/18 @ Nebraska at 9pm EST on BTN

Don't really know what to expect from the 'huskers, but it will probably be another tough out. It's hard to win on the road in the Big 10. Hopefully, Michigan is recovered from the quick turnaround and emotional games recently

Go Blue!

Nebraska is 10-1 at home this year. They lost to Kansas on a last second three. They have had close calls with Wisconsin (63-59) and Illinois (64-63) in their last two home games, but tonight is likely going to be a tough game.

Last edited:
OK...so, last game: Michigan got their butts kicked at Nebraska. Only one team has won there all year. One of the Sparty's I know was going on and on about how MSU beat Nebraska by 20+ and that means that MSU is better than Michigan...this after Michigan beat MSU by 10 in E. Lansing. These guys are nuts...anyway

Next game: Sunday 1/21/18 Noon EST on BTN in AA vs Rutgers.

again, another game that I can't watch live. I think Delaney has it out for me. He puts games at 9pm or noon. wtf? I think Michigan will win this game.

As of this day, Monday 1/22/18, Michigan remains in the AP top 25 rankings at #25

OK, time for a recap. Michigan did what they had to do against Rutgers and beat them in AA. Then Michigan went on the road to Purdue and lost a close one. They had a chance there at the end as things got sloppy and Purdue clung to a 4 point lead. Michigan missed a few lay-ups and some free throws that could've made things very interesting. Purdue missed some shots, also. In the end, it was a 4 point loss to the top 5 Boilermakers. Tough to swallow, especially given what happened when they played in AA.

Tonight, 1/29/18, Michigan plays Northwestern at home. The game will be televised on FS1 at 7pm EST. It's snowing here in Michigan. It will be interesting to see if any fans show up to the game. There still is no logical place to park near Crisler Arena without having to walk through miserable weather on a weeknight. I don't know what will happen with the game. Michigan should win. Northwestern seems down after last year. They are 4-5 in the BIG and 13-9 overall. They are still one of those irritating teams that plays an odd game and could pull off an upset. Let's hope not.

I actually get to watch tonight in semi-real time

amazing that it finally coincides with my schedule.

Nice win on the road @ UW today, especially since it was without Livers. Hope he is healthy next game.

That was a horribly ugly game at NW, though.

This team obviously has some problems.

That being said, I still think it's a little bit better than I thought it would be before the season. The team might have another problem, as next year, they are pegged to have 2 extra players. The idea is that Wagner and Matthews would go pro, but really? I can still see Wagner going pro, even though, I don't think he has really IMPROVED greatly since last season. He still is very good and has all of the measureables, but Matthews? Ugh where do I start? This guy was supposed to be awesome in practice as a redshirt. I'm not seeing it. He can't hit a 2 foot jumper to save his ass, misses 48% of his FT's, can barely handle the basketball, and is a no-show against any good defensive team. Now, they don't play d in the NBA, but even though he looks like an NBA player in body and athletic ability, he doesn't play like one. Do other people around here really think he is ready to go pro?

I guess they could give Ibi or Austin Davis a cold-shoulder, but that would be odd to see. Austin was supposed to be great in practice, too. I think I will never believe any practice stories anymore.

Davis and Watson are bust so far. I agree with everything you said about Mathews and Wagner .

Nice win on the road @ UW today, especially since it was without Livers. Hope he is healthy next game.

That was a horribly ugly game at NW, though.

This team obviously has some problems.

That being said, I still think it's a little bit better than I thought it would be before the season. The team might have another problem, as next year, they are pegged to have 2 extra players. The idea is that Wagner and Matthews would go pro, but really? I can still see Wagner going pro, even though, I don't think he has really IMPROVED greatly since last season. He still is very good and has all of the measureables, but Matthews? Ugh where do I start? This guy was supposed to be awesome in practice as a redshirt. I'm not seeing it. He can't hit a 2 foot jumper to save his ass, misses 48% of his FT's, can barely handle the basketball, and is a no-show against any good defensive team. Now, they don't play d in the NBA, but even though he looks like an NBA player in body and athletic ability, he doesn't play like one. Do other people around here really think he is ready to go pro?

I guess they could give Ibi or Austin Davis a cold-shoulder, but that would be odd to see. Austin was supposed to be great in practice, too. I think I will never believe any practice stories anymore.

The fact that Wagner hasn't improved much is exactly why he should go pro. He is who he is. He's not going to suddenly get better.

Remaining schedule:

Wed, Feb 14 at home vs Iowa , 6:30 pm EST BTN
Sun, Feb 18 at home vs OSU, 1 pm EST CBS
Wed, Feb 21 @ PSU, 7pm EST BTN
Sat, Feb 24 @ Maryland Noon EST (?)

no gimmes

Remaining schedule:

Wed, Feb 14 at home vs Iowa , 6:30 pm EST BTN
Sun, Feb 18 at home vs OSU, 1 pm EST CBS
Wed, Feb 21 @ PSU, 7pm EST BTN
Sat, Feb 24 @ Maryland Noon EST (?)

no gimmes

Well, if you aren't calling Iowa a "gimmie," then no one is a gimmie. They suck.

Iowa is not good. They did just hang with MSU at Iowa, only lost by 3. This Michigan team can't take them lightly, though. Might be easy for them to have a down game before the big game against OSU. Livers status remains uncertain.

Would be nice for this game to be a nice, easy blow-out win, because it is actually at a time that I can watch live.

Last edited:
Back