Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops Injury update

Not having Schilling will hurt, Clark not as much since he is only 6-6 anyway. Perry Ellis will be a problem and he killed us in the game last year. Too big for Bess, too savvy for Davis. Costello might have to do the bulk of the work, and stay out of foul trouble. Probably Goins and Wollenman will have to give some minutes too.

Our 3 point shooting should give us a decent chance. Would be nice to see Harris break out.

Last edited:
I think this will be relatively quick, he was walking with a little limp on Tuesday which was 1 day after having it scoped.

Tum out indefinitely with plantar fascia. I'd guess 3 to 4 and then the team will have to adjust to playing with him again

Kenny Goins did not play last night, wearing a boot. any idea?

FYI tum took the boot off yesterday night, this will be his first full day without it. How he feels after walking to class will be a telltale sign.

Tum got some shots up yesterday with no pain, won't practice today. We should know by thursday if he's going to play or not. I'd call it doubtful

Goins was getting a mri yesterday, izzo thinks that it's a meniscus, he could be done for the year. That's too bad because he was playing well, especially on defense but we do have a few guys with the physical tools to replace him. Usually I hate when people say next man up because it's a stupid cliche but we do have the personnel here

Goins with a sprained MCL, maybe a small tear, will miss at least 2 weeks. Great News! Might be back before the end of the regular season. Really love our rotation of him, Schilling, Davis, and Costello at the 4 and 5. Goins gives us instant toughness and rebounding off the bench.

Last edited:
Any word on Gavin Schillings return? When it was announced it was 2-3 months. I couldnt find much Googling.

Any word on Gavin Schillings return? When it was announced it was 2-3 months. I couldnt find much Googling.

Gonna re-evaluate him in mid January and go from there. I'm guessing a redshirt is coming, but you never know.

At this point might as well redshirt him unless it looks like the team is capable of making a run. Why work to get back and maybe play a month or so? Especially since more than likely the team next year should be more promising, unless some crazy things happen like Ward going pro or a few more recruiting misses happen.

At this point might as well redshirt him unless it looks like the team is capable of making a run. Why work to get back and maybe play a month or so? Especially since more than likely the team next year should be more promising, unless some crazy things happen like Ward going pro or a few more recruiting misses happen.

I hear Brian Bowen may be going to Arizona, he was a lock for MSU for years! 0

I hear Brian Bowen may be going to Arizona, he was a lock for MSU for years! 0

Yep, was at "100%" MSU for some time. Then MTSU, No Jackson,Davis leaving, Schilling out screwing us up, Arizona playing better than us etc. I think it would favor Arizona at this point unless we go on a roll with what we have.

Last edited:
Back