Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Better call Saul

biggunsbob

Season 2 Final was Monday. Season one was a tad better but all in all a ok season 2. I like jimmy alot but the cop character Mike is really cool.

I guess I should watch breaking bad because it appears better call saul is a prequel to breaking bad which I did not know. .

Last edited:
Yeah bro. Watch Breaking Bad. It starts a bit slow, but really picks up. Maybe a top five series all time for me.

Season 2 Final was Monday. Season one was a tad better but all in all a ok season 2. I like jimmy alot but the cop character Mike is really cool.

I guess I should watch breaking bad because it appears better call saul is a prequel to breaking bad which I did not know. .

yes, you need to watch Breaking Bad.

one of the best shows I've ever seen. my wife and i watched the entire series last year over a couple months. some nights we couldn't stop.

My dogs hang out sometimes with Bob Odenkirk's pretty little pit bull Olive.

I never watched Breaking Bad and I only saw the beginning of the first episode of Better Call Saul.

The idea of binge watching Breaking Bad almost seems like taking on a non-paying job.

I never watched Breaking Bad and I only saw the beginning of the first episode of Better Call Saul.

The idea of binge watching Breaking Bad almost seems like taking on a non-paying job.

we spread the 5 seasons out over a couple months. we'd watch one episode per night, sometimes 2, and a couple times three if the the 2nd episode we watched ended on a cliffhanger (like the ending to season 3).

people had told me all sorts of shit about the show, like it's too slow, the characters suck, or every episode after season 2 is the same. I am glad I didnt listen to them because they were WRONG. I am kinda glad I waited to see it until it was over though; I got to watch at my own pace.

I am almost done with Breaking Bad and it is great. I have been watching Better Call Saul and it has been pretty good. My damn dvr messed up and I watched the beginning of the finale but it won't play when I tried watching the rest. Just have to catch the rest on demand.

people had told me all sorts of shit about the show, like it's too slow, the characters suck, or every episode after season 2 is the same. I am glad I didnt listen to them because they were WRONG.

I think I'm just going to ask Bob to tell me what happens in both shows next time I see him with his dog at the park.

What's funny is he played an executive on How I Met Your Mother - he played the boss of the three main characters at various points in the story arch - and there was a story line that involved that character and his dog that he lost in his divorce.

This doesn't even surprise me. Dogs are the best.

So is Breaking Bad. Best show ever. No qualifiers. Don't watch meaning to binge if that's your hold up. Most people watched it week at a time over years. Maybe it's better that way.

We have been doing the same with MAD MEN for the past few months..

after Breaking Bad, I didn't really want to get sucked into another TV series, but my wife started watching it, so i did too, at first just with my laptop open. we skipped a few parts of some seasons i think, but watched most of it. it was really good, but I still liked Breaking Bad better. Mad Men got a little redundant and pointless after a while.

i was annoyed though that my wife finished watching the last couple episodes without me, then said "oh I didn't know you were also into it."

Last edited by a moderator:
after Breaking Bad, I didn't really want to get sucked into another TV series, but my wife started watching it, so i did too, at first just with my laptop open. we skipped a few parts of some seasons i think, but watched most of it. it was really good, but I still liked Breaking Bad better. Mad Men got a little redundant and pointless after a while.

i was annoyed though that my wife finished watching the last couple episodes without me, then said "oh I didn't know you were also into it."

I would have been content watching just the first 2 or 3 seasons Mad Men.

I think that was the last show I started watching on DVDs from Blockbuster. Shows how time flies, I guess.

Last edited:
This doesn't even surprise me. Dogs are the best.

So is Breaking Bad. Best show ever. No qualifiers. Don't watch meaning to binge if that's your hold up. Most people watched it week at a time over years. Maybe it's better that way.

I more or less agree, but I don't know if you can compare Breaking Bad to The Simpsons or South Park, and some would still consider Seinfeld, Cheers, or MASH to be all time greatest shows. It's tough to argue BB had as much of a widespread cultural impact.

but yeah, I think it was the best live-action (not cartoon) TV series ever.

part of that is due to the fact that they resisted temptation and ended it after 5 seasons. no tv show should really go past that. BB never got old or stale, and never suffered some ridiculous twists and other nonsense that other series did as the writers ran out of ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
part of that is due to the fact that they resisted temptation and ended it after 5 seasons. no tv show should really go past that.

Agreed. A good story generally takes 1-3 seasons to tell. But if things are going great by season 2 or 3, people try to stretch the success out and just create filler. Lost, Mad Men, Orange is the New Black, Downton Abbey...

I'm glad Better Call Saul isn't trying to be Breaking Bad, but it does feel like it's in danger of not going anywhere. We have some idea of where it needs to go, but I honestly think it should get there in season 3 and call it a series.

yes, you need to watch Breaking Bad.

one of the best shows I've ever seen. my wife and i watched the entire series last year over a couple months. some nights we couldn't stop.

LOL...we did the same thing about 2 years ago. Great series! For me it was second only to The Sopranos but it was a close second. We binge watched Sons of Anarchy last year. I liked it but not in the same class as BB. Just started House of Cards last night. It looks pretty good so far.

we spread the 5 seasons out over a couple months. we'd watch one episode per night, sometimes 2, and a couple times three if the the 2nd episode we watched ended on a cliffhanger (like the ending to season 3).

people had told me all sorts of shit about the show, like it's too slow, the characters suck, or every episode after season 2 is the same. I am glad I didnt listen to them because they were WRONG. I am kinda glad I waited to see it until it was over though; I got to watch at my own pace.

Did the exact same thing with BB recently. Best show I've ever seen. And I too am glad I didn't follow it while on air.

Saul is good too, but to me it doesn't hold a candle to BB through the first 2 seasons.

Who do you talk to?

BB has pretty much received universal praise and is widely considered on the short list for best show of all time along with The Wire and Sopranos.

LOL...we did the same thing about 2 years ago. Great series! For me it was second only to The Sopranos but it was a close second. We binge watched Sons of Anarchy last year. I liked it but not in the same class as BB. Just started House of Cards last night. It looks pretty good so far.

First season was great, but the show falls off hard afterwards.

Season two was still good, but season 3 was terrible. Season 4 is a little better than 3, but still not really good.

I'm glad Better Call Saul isn't trying to be Breaking Bad, but it does feel like it's in danger of not going anywhere. We have some idea of where it needs to go, but I honestly think it should get there in season 3 and call it a series.

We just started watching Better Call Saul. We're about 6 episodes in. I like it a lot... though it doesn't have the same compelling story as BB. and I guess it's impossible to top, or even come close to BB since it's a "backstory." it would still be a good show on its own though.

it is well-researched and hits a lot of things about the practice of law on the head.

I find myself wondering how I'd feel about Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad if I watched Saul first and knew about Mike Ehrmantraut's and Saul Goodman's backgrounds. It really does make Mike out to be the most tragic character maybe in the series.

Who do you talk to?

BB has pretty much received universal praise and is widely considered on the short list for best show of all time along with The Wire and Sopranos.

A couple friends told me that. No idea why they didn't like it, because we otherwise like a lot of the same movies/shows. Based on what they told me, I was expecting to get bored of BB at some point and not finish, but it never happened.

Back