Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Football Tix

TheVictors

Damn, last few years I got at least one game during AA ticket sales but MSU & osu already Sold Out by this am and I already bought UC tix to be close to friends.

Damn you, Harbaugh Effect!!!

Lol

I am going to go to the UF game, but am completely blown away by the ticket prices @ jerryworld. cheapest I've found so far was roughly $200 for nosebleed upper-bowl seats... $400 for seats close enough to make going more interesting than "sitting at a bar or home and watching." I've heard Jerryworld is a pretty lousy experience in general, so going is more a matter of "duty and obligation" than enthusiasm.

Haven't decided yet if we're coming back for any games. have talked about visiting for Thanksgiving but of course Ohio State tickets are going to be expensive as hell.

I am going to go to the UF game, but am completely blown away by the ticket prices @ jerryworld. cheapest I've found so far was roughly $200 for nosebleed upper-bowl seats... $400 for seats close enough to make going more interesting than "sitting at a bar or home and watching." I've heard Jerryworld is a pretty lousy experience in general, so going is more a matter of "duty and obligation" than enthusiasm.

Haven't decided yet if we're coming back for any games. have talked about visiting for Thanksgiving but of course Ohio State tickets are going to be expensive as hell.

We did Bama at Jerryworld and paid $125 FACE for bleeders. Wound up watching the game on the massive TV because it's hard not to. Shitty atmosphere for a new stadium. Very ...institutional.

Last edited:
We did Bama at Jerryworld and paid $225 FACE for bleeders. Wound up watching the game on the massive TV because it's hard not to. Shitty atmosphere for a new stadium. Very ...institutional.

shitty atmosphere but it's probably a cash cow

for Jerry it is, since the public covered a chunk of the cost through their city raising taxes, and selling bonds, and his team is part of a league that operates in a state-sanctioned & protected monopoly...

Complete morons could make a profit in with all those advantages (and many do). See for example: every other single NFL franchise except Green Bay and the Giants (who's owner doesn't take big taxpayer handouts).

Last edited by a moderator:
Tickets for the Cincy game are already down to individual seats. Same with the Buttgers game.

Looks like Minnesota is the only game left with seats together. Going to have to go through Seat Geek, StubHub, etc.

Oh, certainly. But I've been to Levi Stadium for SB50, newer baseball stadiums out west and even a remodeled Folsom Field in Boulder ...

Jerryworld feels like a concrete prison. There are tons of bathrooms and beer vendors (!) but aesthetics are horrible, if nonexistent. The stadium is so vast, you're not just really high up above the field for $225, you're incredibly far away from the field too.

Very Texas ...big for sake of size with no qualitative draw at all.

Last edited:
Tickets for the Cincy game are already down to individual seats. Same with the Buttgers game.

Looks like Minnesota is the only game left with seats together. Going to have to go through Seat Geek, StubHub, etc.

I was debating buying a season again because you pay less for MSU & osu per game ...but then have to sell AFA & Rutgers

I was debating buying a season again because you pay less for MSU & osu per game ...but then have to sell AFA & Rutgers

I'm hoping my Mom gets free tix to the MSU game. She works for a Michigan based company and she's onto retirement after this year. It would be a well deserved parting gift.

You're probably already aware, but Section 341/342 for $300...

http://alumni.umich.edu/athletics/michigan-football-season-kickoff/

You're probably already aware, but Section 341/342 for $300...

http://alumni.umich.edu/athletics/michigan-football-season-kickoff/

I hadn't seen that. someone told the university sold out of its allotment. I was gonna call the ticket office.

that price still sucks... but at least according to the pic the seats aren't THAT bad.

still... $300 for the ticket... $30 for parking, $50 for gas, $50 beer & food for tailgate + $50 for food and drinks at the game, and unless I want to drive 4 hours home after the game ends, I have to get a hotel ($150+ unless I stay at some fleabag dump outside Dallas).

$630 total. kinda stupid.

or I could fly ($300-$400 for a roundtrip ticket). $800+...

maybe I'm not going to the game.

We'll have our tailgate on the golf course for UC ..come on!!

I hadn't seen that. someone told the university sold out of its allotment. I was gonna call the ticket office.

that price still sucks... but at least according to the pic the seats aren't THAT bad.

still... $300 for the ticket... $30 for parking, $50 for gas, $50 beer & food for tailgate + $50 for food and drinks at the game, and unless I want to drive 4 hours home after the game ends, I have to get a hotel ($150+ unless I stay at some fleabag dump outside Dallas).

$630 total. kinda stupid.

or I could fly ($300-$400 for a roundtrip ticket). $800+...

maybe I'm not going to the game.

Yeah, it'd be hard not to go since it's so (relatively) close, but you'd probably be better served by saving up for a bowl game. Or just heading back to AA as Vic suggests.

When Michigan plays at Va Tech in 2021 that's only about 2.5 hours from where I live now. Wishing it was sooner though, probably a 50/50 chance we'll move again in the next couple years.

Looks like every game is down to single seats now. I tried to check for two tickets for the Golden Goofups game and could not find two together.

Yeah, it'd be hard not to go since it's so (relatively) close, but you'd probably be better served by saving up for a bowl game. Or just heading back to AA as Vic suggests.

When Michigan plays at Va Tech in 2021 that's only about 2.5 hours from where I live now. Wishing it was sooner though, probably a 50/50 chance we'll move again in the next couple years.

you moved?

you moved?

Oh yeah, I've been living on the Virginia side of the VA/NC border for a couple years now. Had an opportunity to change my career path and it's working out great so far. In two years my step-son will be graduating from high school, and I'll have 4 years under my belt in my new role (accounting/finance), so I'll have flexibility to pick out a new city if we want. We're pretty happy with our place right now, but I'm not thrilled with the schools in the area. I'm not opposed to staying in the South (Spring actually lasts more than a few weeks, and everything outside of July/August is great) but a more liberal area would probably be a better fit. I'm in hardcore trump/confederate flag country right now.

Going to games is worth it up to a point. it's kinda absurd how high tickets are getting.

If a ton of friends are going, tailgating all morning, etc.: worth it.

In '11 a handlful of my friends were around for ND & OSU. Went to tailgate with them, and then sat by myself (single seats were cheaper and I could get pretty good seats close to field that way). still paid less than $150 each time.

$650 bucks... for lousy seats in Jerryworld + close to 8 hours in the car total... no close friends going... not worth it.

I'm guessing as we get closer to the game, more people will come to the same conclusion and prices will fall. If I can get a good seat (lower bowl) for under $200 I'd go. screw Jerry Jones.

Oh yeah, I've been living on the Virginia side of the VA/NC border for a couple years now. Had an opportunity to change my career path and it's working out great so far. In two years my step-son will be graduating from high school, and I'll have 4 years under my belt in my new role (accounting/finance), so I'll have flexibility to pick out a new city if we want. We're pretty happy with our place right now, but I'm not thrilled with the schools in the area. I'm not opposed to staying in the South (Spring actually lasts more than a few weeks, and everything outside of July/August is great) but a more liberal area would probably be a better fit. I'm in hardcore trump/confederate flag country right now.

now that you mention your stepson, I do remember you saying he wasn't initially happy with your move, but I assumed for some reason you stayed in Michigan.

I hear you about the South. Texas (Gulf Coast/Houston region at least) is nice from October to about April and then the heat, humidity, and mosquitos at night pretty much mean I stay indoors as much as possible. The county I live in and the county I work in are pretty diverse and reasonably moderate (both were blue in the last election) but you get outside of that and it gets bad in a hurry. like openly racist, angry and proud. plus lots of guns and pickup trucks (although you see those even in Houston).

some may say "so what? don't talk politics, keep to yourself, live and let live." and they're right to a point. But it also means it's hard to make connections, and become part of a community.

Back