Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Republican Tax Plan is an Assault Renewable Energy

Not exactly surprising, including their stiff opposition to climate change regulations. They pay mere lip service to championing the sanctity of life (until birth and during active duty) as well as passing debt onto future generations. Pretty transparent that what they truly care about is protecting and increasing the short/long-term profits of corporations, investors, and shareholders.

The swamp that Trump is filling up with his choices to lead departments is mind blowing .. He is by far the worst president in our lifetime.

The environmental issues aren't even politics in my eyes. It's good vs. evil. These guys are going to hell for this.

edit: I hope this is read as an uncharacteristic response from me. I think this is an exceptional thing to approach with an attitude of politics and self above all else approach.

Last edited:
weren't most of those tax credits going to end in 2020 anyway?

Lots of things are scheduled to be phased out all the time. That has little to no weight when things can be renewed or killed off every few years.

Since we are obviously going to continue to rely primarily upon non-renewable oil, gas, and coal to fuel our economy and transportation, while resuming unregulated polluting and contaminating our air and water, I suppose that those survivors who descend from US could go back to relying upon 19th century tech lifestyles, with horse and buggies, coal/boiler fired radiators, furnaces, locomotives, and sail/steamboats.

Since we are obviously going to continue to rely primarily upon non-renewable oil, gas, and coal to fuel our economy and transportation, while resuming unregulated polluting and contaminating our air and water, I suppose that those survivors who descend from US could go back to relying upon 19th century tech lifestyles, with horse and buggies, coal/boiler fired radiators, furnaces, locomotives, and sail/steamboats.

We're not going to continue forever. We will change. But thanks to all the duped morons and the sociopaths they support, we'll drag our feet making the changes. Many more than necessary will suffer as a result and natural treasures will be lost, but because the cause and effect are separated the links will be denied. They will act like they were right all along and never admit their guilt to themselves.

The environmental issues aren't even politics in my eyes. It's good vs. evil. These guys are going to hell for this.

edit: I hope this is read as an uncharacteristic response from me. I think this is an exceptional thing to approach with an attitude of politics and self above all else approach.

After your initial post in this thread, I did wonder for a few seconds if your account had been hacked.

I finally found a topic I'm not a moderate on.

You're also not a moderate about all things UM, science, and coffee. I'd also say you're not a moderate when it comes to video games or making your own beer.

You're also not a moderate about all things UM, science, and coffee. I'd also say you're not a moderate when it comes to video games or making your own beer.

If a climate-change-denying Ohio State fan, who also hated science in general, ridiculed video games, and didn't drink beer* or coffee started posting here, you might explode.

*or maybe he drank beer, but only Natural Light or Coors. I'd imagine such a person probably drank Mountain Dew or Monster Energy Drink, or some other nasty toxic caffeinated sugar water instead of coffee.

I would say Gulo is not a moderate in his belief in God or a Higher Power or Creative Force - I would say Gulo is a true believer.

All true. I'm going to assume Urban Meyer hates science, beer, coffee, and video games. Also, I think he lies about his belief in God.

I would say Gulo is not a moderate in his belief in God or a Higher Power or Creative Force - I would say Gulo is a true believer.

yeah, I know, but I was thinking since he wouldn't stand with the real religious nutjobs, like if they burned someone at the stake they deemed to be a heretic or denied evolution was real, he wouldn't be a "moderate" when it came to religious belief.

yeah, I know, but I was thinking since he wouldn't stand with the real religious nutjobs, like if they burned someone at the stake they deemed to be a heretic or denied evolution was real, he wouldn't be a "moderate" when it came to religious belief.

Yeah, that other kinds of extreme religious nut job practices wouldn't be viewed by most nowadays as moderate religious practice; besides that, I referred primarily to a belief in God or a Higher Power, which can have a substantially different meaning than practicing religion.

...unless they weigh the same as a duck.

Back