Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Peter(son) Principle, illustrated

turok

One of "Trump's" picks (more likely his staff's pick) in Matthew Petersen, a Republican commissioner on the Federal Election Commission and a nominee to the U.S. District Court for the DoC.,not to mention a graduate of the University of Virginia law school, answers no or don't know to basic questions regarding his suitability for the judgeship by Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA):

https://twitter.com/senwhitehouse/status/941484131757838337

Near the end of questioning, Sen Kennedy asks if anyone has blogged about the KKK. This b/c of a previous Trump nominee in Brett Talley:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...y_appears_to_have_defended_the_first_kkk.html

It would appear that this administration has been hell-bent upon selecting the absolute worst possible people for every position to fill since grabbing office, and undoing everything that Obama accomplished in as short a period of time as possible.

Last edited:
Fair minded civil rights attorney Leo Terrell on KABC 790 radio played this testimony and talked about the qualifications on Friday.

I looked the guy up on the Internet and apparently his background since law school has been being involved in regulations and procedure and protocol for Congress and then the Bush Administration and then the FEC, and and so forth.

The little beard appears to be new - possibly he thought it would sneak him through looking like just another left-wing liberal communist activist judge.

Last edited:
Maybe Petersen could have spent a couple weeks @ a tanning salon, and dyed his hair and beard black, then he might have passed for being partly latino as well.

Maybe Petersen could have spent a couple weeks @ a tanning salon, and dyed his hair and beard black, then he might have passed for being partly latino as well.

Or he could have called himself Squanto or Samoset, and declared himself 1/64% American Indian, like Elizabeth Warren did.

I am ~1/10th Ojibwa (Chippewa) maternally, (my late mother was 1/5th from her French/Ojibwa Canadian ancestry...unfortunately not enough for blood-quantum laws.

Apparently the Trump administration's SCOTUS and FCOTUS picks can be traced back to one current White House Counsel and Assistant in
Donald F. McGahn II:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_McGahn

Last edited:
I am ~1/10th Ojibwa (Chippewa) maternally, (my late mother was 1/5th from her French/Ojibwa Canadian ancestry...unfortunately not enough for blood-quantum laws.

Apparently the Trump administration's SCOTUS and FCOTUS picks can be traced back to one current White House Counsel and Assistant in
Donald F. McGahn II:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_McGahn

How do you get to 1/5th? Rounding, I guess. (Or time travelers with genetic splicing technology. I guess they don't have to be time travelers; could be aliens with advanced technology.) One great-grandparent gets you 1/8. 1/5 - 1/8 leaves 3/40, which I'm going to guess is actually rounded from 1/16, a great-great-grandparent.

1/5=20%
1 great grandparent and one great-great grandparent = 18.75%
1 great grandparent and one great-great grandparent and one great-great-great grandparent = 21.875%

That's as close as we can get without going back more than 5 generations. The 21.875% scenario is just 1 great-great grandparent away from 25%.

Just went by what she told me long ago, and am not curious enough to have my DNA tested to find out more or less. Since her paternal ancestry originated from somewhere in mid-Ontario, Canada, there might be one who was half or a quarter Ojibwa, who married another who was half or a quarter Ojibwa+French.

That Ancestry dotcom commercial with a woman who claimed that she "didn't know" that she was a quarter Native American is likely BS, b/c IIRC, she would have had enough for some extra govmint benefits.

Last edited:
I thought about doing DNA testing once, but when I realized my DNA would then be in possession of some sketchy company, I decided it wasn't worth it.

I thought about doing DNA testing once, but when I realized my DNA would then be in possession of some sketchy company, I decided it wasn't worth it.

Imagine if they tried to clone a being out of your DNA matched with a dolphin, a gorilla and a penguin.

That would be some horrifying shit.

That would be the kind of shit that horror films would be based on.

That would be, like, Sharknado kind of shit.

Imagine if they tried to clone a being out of your DNA matched with a dolphin, a gorilla and a penguin.

Or say...an entire menagerie of combinations on some remote island.

or sold it to health insurers, and they ID'd me and started charging me even higher premiums based on a supposed risk for this or that.

or turned it over to law enforcement, and I ended up a suspect for some crime, just because I happened to leave a hair at what later became a crime scene after I passed through.

or sold it to health insurers, and they ID'd me and started charging me even higher premiums based on a supposed risk for this or that.

or turned it over to law enforcement, and I ended up a suspect for some crime, just because I happened to leave a hair at what later became a crime scene after I passed through.

Kinda like this, from none other than the mind of Chuck Lorre - you'll probably recognize the Star Trek dude:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FdajsDAh7kc

Back