Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

College Hoops Random News Thread

thewolverines24

I decided to start this because there have been quite a few crazy upsets already this season. The biggest happened last night. Wofford got their first win ever over a ranked opponent when they upset UNC!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...r-biggest-upset-of-college-basketball-season/

Other major upsets this year:

Ball State over #9 NDSucks
Loyola Chicago over #5 Florida
Washington over #2 Kansas
BC over #1 Duke
Arizona and Purdue's collapse in the Battle for Atlantis

Unranked Arizona State is 10-0 and #3 in the country. No one saw that coming.

Fort Wayne Indiana crushed Iu at Indiana the other night . I know it's back to back years and two or out of three but they smoked them and that was the game after Indiana came from 13 down to beat Norte Dame.

Last edited:
I watched last 10 minutes of the Wofford game last night , and they deserved the win. They lead the whole time I watched it.

Last edited:
Fort Wayne Indiana crushed Iu at Indiana the other night . I know it's back to back years and two or out of three but they smoked them and that was the game after Indiana came from 13 down to beat Norte Dame.

IPFW Mastodons! The second best name behind Wolverines.

Also, Indiana basketball is an absolute joke. They are the equivalent of Nebraska football: a fan base that thinks they are some elite program that hasn’t done jack in 20+ years and will likely never return to their old glory. I think they’ve made 1 Final Four in the past 25 years (as a Cinderella 6 seed I believe under Mike Davis); how exactly is that considered even a conference power?

How dare you not put the Campbell Fighting Camels atop the list

Fighting Camels and Ragin' Cajuns are up there. Mastodons actually need to move to three for me:

1. Wolverines
2. Gorillas (Pittsburg State)
3. Mastodons
4. Fighting Camels
5. Ragin' Cajuns

UCLA beat Kentucky by 8 tonight! RPI boost! We needed that since we scheduled Alabama A&Dumpster.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

yeah, that was funny, because a few people i know were saying that the UCLA win was junk and that UCLA is bad and their best players are suspended...whatever

Butler up 95-88 on #1 Nova with 49 secs to go. Looking like ASU will be the last undefeated team before their showdown with Arizona tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

bumping up this thread

LSU won @ #11 Texas A&M yesterday. As we all should know, Michigan lost to LSU by 2 in Maui.

Last edited:
Another tidbit that I read over on Mgoblog

Michigan has beaten Illinois 12 out of the last 14 tries and the all time series now stands at 84-87 with Illinois barely hanging onto the lead

Soon...

MBB series records vs B1G teams

vs Illinois: 84-87
vs Indiana: 61-106
vs Iowa: 92-63
vs Maryland: 4-6
vs MSU: 98-81
vs Minnesota: 92-64
vs Nebraska: 14-2
vs Northwestern: 111-58
vs OSU: 77-99
vs Penn State: 34-12
vs Purdue: 69-87
vs Rutgers: 9-0
vs Wisconsin: 93-71

It really bugged me that January 4th bracketology had Texas at a #8 and Michigan #9. Michigan has a interesting schedule . Hope we can win a few.!!!!!!

January

Purdue
@ Msu
Maryland
@ Nebraska
Rutgers
@ Purdue
Northwestern

February

Minnesota
@ Northwestern
@ Wisconsin
Iowa
Ohio st
@ Penn st
@ Maryland

Last edited:
I really don't expect Michigan to do well @MSU or @PU. That being said, the rest of the games are winnable. Not saying they will win, but they can.

MBB series records vs B1G teams

vs Illinois: 84-87
vs Indiana: 61-106
vs Iowa: 92-63
vs Maryland: 4-6
vs MSU: 98-81
vs Minnesota: 92-64
vs Nebraska: 14-2
vs Northwestern: 111-58
vs OSU: 77-99
vs Penn State: 34-12
vs Purdue: 69-87
vs Rutgers: 9-0
vs Wisconsin: 93-71

We can even up the UI one in our liftimes for sure... probably within a year or two. Purdue and OSU will be harder and unlikely. IU... impossible.

I'm surprised we still have that size lead over MSU given how bad we were for a whole decade. MSU basketball must've been really awful prior to Jud Heathcote.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, Sagarin has us ranked 22nd. 3rd best Big Ten team after MSU (1st) and PU (3rd).

a win over PU would be huge.

That Ivan Drago guy from Purdue kicked our ass last year. The dude is brute and scores at will. Hopefully he has a really bad game in AA.

Side note, if pro basketball doesn't work out for him, he needs to get into wrestling. Put on another 40 pounds and be another Sid Vicious.

Last edited:
Back