Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chinese handle Christian Megachurch the Right Way

Michchamp

... with dynamite (link):
Chinese police officers have demolished one of the country's largest evangelical churches this week, using heavy machinery and dynamite to raze the building where more than 50,000 Christians worshipped.The Golden Lampstand Church in Shanxi province in mainland China was one of at least two Christian churches demolished by authorities in recent weeks...

European, Asian, and Middle-Far Eastern xtians aren't quite as batshit crazy as those found in fundievangelical denominations here in Murka, I would imagine.

But you would think that the global corporate capitalism-supporting RW would demand that their beloved "free markets" not continue doing business there, and threaten boycotts otherwise, in retaliation for China's active religious oppression/suppression.

European, Asian, and Middle-Far Eastern xtians aren't quite as batshit crazy as those found in fundievangelical denominations here in Murka, I would imagine.

well shit...let's start blowing up churches here in "murka"

well shit...let's start blowing up churches here in "murka"

How about we just stop importing shit from those who do?

As well as censure and penalize businesses who exploit their labor?

Last edited:
There is a Chinese restaurant down the street from me call the Golden Lampstand. The cuisine is Shanxi region style.

There is no Shanxi style anywhere near here, but it might do well in the land of vinegar based barbecue.

This place seems to have a variety of Eastern style dishes, including some that might be associated with the Shanxi region.

Holy cow! I can't believe you found that. I know that place. When they first opened, it was half butcher and half bakery. The wife baked and the husband prepared meat and occasionally taught classes in old school butcher techniques from around the world. They also sold a sandwich each day around the lunch hour that was hugely popular and probably drove the transition to a relaunch as a restaurant. We were super regulars and then my wife chipped a tooth on a fleck of chicken bone. She didn't want to go back for a long time and then when she finally did, I felt it would be weird to go back without explaining why we suddenly quit and just as awkward to explain it, so we never go back. And now they have these cool noodles I want to try.

There is no Shanxi style anywhere near here, but it might do well in the land of vinegar based barbecue.

You know what else would do well there? Chinese paramilitary police blowing churches up with dynamite.

We were super regulars and then my wife chipped a tooth on a fleck of chicken bone. She didn't want to go back for a long time and then when she finally did, I felt it would be weird to go back without explaining why we suddenly quit and just as awkward to explain it, so we never go back. And now they have these cool noodles I want to try.

Just do it anybody else would do-make up a story.

Tell them you've been living in China as a guest professor at the University of Shanxi.

... We were super regulars and then my wife chipped a tooth on a fleck of chicken bone. She didn't want to go back for a long time and then when she finally did, I felt it would be weird to go back without explaining why we suddenly quit and just as awkward to explain it, so we never go back. And now they have these cool noodles I want to try.

LOL @ at u and ur wife.

if you find regular face-to-face human interaction too stressful, maybe see if the restaurant has a website and type them an email.

worst case scenario, call them up and explain the situation. Try to use a line they can't call you back on. you can always hang up the phone if you start to freak out.

or have a couple beers first to relax. just try not to get surly...

This place seems to have a variety of Eastern style dishes, including some that might be associated with the Shanxi region.

seems to be an all Caucasian kitchen staff - serving food with an Asian flare?!!! Wow, what a blatant case of cultural appropriation. Time for the boycott - shut this Rose person down. NOW! Well, I mean after I try the Grilled Raddichio Salad and either the Roast Beef sangy or possibly the Ramen. But after that, she has to be boycotted and shut down.

seems to be an all Caucasian kitchen staff - serving food with an Asian flare?!!! Wow, what a blatant case of cultural appropriation. Time for the boycott - shut this Rose person down. NOW! Well, I mean after I try the Grilled Raddichio Salad and either the Roast Beef sangy or possibly the Ramen. But after that, she has to be boycotted and shut down.

"yeah, all racism is just a big joke!" says dumb white ignoramus with no self-awareness in Jersey.

Look in the mirror and get back to us because if anyone n?eds a sense of humor it's you.

Let's see if you can guess what you need. Here's a clue...

Scarecrow-From-The-Wizard-of-Oz-the-wizard-of-oz-3621676-262-193.jpg

Still think I'm not funny? Well, I guess you also need a sense of humor...

Back