Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Scottish vote

Gulo Blue

Average odds at gambling sites:21% they split, 84% remain united. How it adds to over 100%, I don't know. The article said the numbers were skewed by outliers, but it should still add to 100%, or does the extra account for the bookies' cuts?.

Average odds at gambling sites:21% they split, 84% remain united. How it adds to over 100%, I don't know. The article said the numbers were skewed by outliers, but it should still add to 100%, or does the extra account for the bookies' cuts?.

Their Scottish.

They were drunk when they made the calculations.

Yes, I would imagine it's some kind of a bookmaker's "spread;" but how it works I don't know.

Apparently, the bookies numbers reflect the massive amount of "no" betting early on. Nate Silver cautions not to put too much stock in the polls he was able to find. He says polls are a slight "no" lean. Somewhere else, I saw something saying the turnout is exceeding the number of decided voters from earlier polls, so if the previously undecided voters tend to go more one way or the other, they'll swing it, 'cause they are voting.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/a-rough-guide-to-watching-the-scottish-independence-vote/

Last edited:
this thread should be over on the politics board, goddamnit.

red, ya wanker.

this thread should be over on the politics board, goddamnit.

red, ya wanker.

Don't tell me where to post about FREEDOM!!

braveheart_a_p.jpg

It appears as if secession has been defeated. Exit polls indicated that Scots felt strongly that, should Scotland ever face an existential threat to their homeland from ISIS, they would prefer to be in lockstep unity with the United Kingdom.

It appears as if secession has been defeated. Exit polls indicated that Scots felt strongly that, should Scotland ever face an existential threat to their homeland from ISIS, they would prefer to be in lockstep unity with the United Kingdom.

Actually, one of the curious things about this is that nobody did any exit polling. I've read two of the drivers behind the vote were promises to give Scotland more autonomy if they stayed and the expressed intention of some Scottish politicians to nationalize their oil fields.

Now the UK government gets to argue over what exactly they're going to grant Scotland.

I wonder whether this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ales-doesn-t-official-list-ways-spell-it.html

might be a reason why Scottish nationalists are interested in separating.

Muhammad is was the most popular name for baby boys in England and Wales last year, beating Oliver to the top spot once all the variations were added together

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fficial-list-ways-spell-it.html#ixzz3DzCXWqV4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So they had to manipulate and massage the data in order to come to this finding.

I think that so many parents naming their sons are identifying with Oliver Twist is the most alarming discovery.

Back