Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I feel pretty bad for Hoke and the Team

Mich didn't miss urban by a year or even a decade - he would never take the job. OSU was the only school he was leaving Florida for. The only team that missed their chance at Meyer was ND when they hired Charley Weiss and Meyer went to the Gators. As for Miles, I heard michigan only courted him out of desperation after being turned down by preferred candidates. Apparently he was banging Moeller's wife when they worked together - I was told that was what Gary's drunken tirade that cost him his job that was really all about.

Last edited:
Yes I knew the miles thing

I just felt bith our last two searches were nit well conducted

Jim Harbaugh
Elvis Grbac
Todd Collins
Scott Dreisbach
Brian Griese
Tom Brady
Drew Henson
John Navarre
Chad Henne
Denard Robinson

All but shoelace at least started, if not played a few NFL yrs at QB. Obviously Threet, Sheridan & Forcier would never be drafted and shoelace is an exception. DG is inexplicably playing himself out of a possible job on Sunday

You don't count Ryan Mallett?

He was the starting quarterback in three Michigan victories in 2007.

I'm just saying there has been a legacy at the position. Mallet too. That 07 win vs PSU was all Hart though.

You might as well count Mallett as well. I do.

Goddamn Bill Martin.

Well, at Michigan during his only season there, he was the starting for three victories, and threw touchdown passes and stuff.

Those are all part of the historical record.

Sounds like a former Michigan quarterback now in the NFL to me.

Well, the starting QB for the Texans has thrown three INTs today against the Giants. So, we may see Mallet starting earlier than anticipated. The reason Mallet started those games in 07 was that Henne was hurt. Whatever, we can count Mallet too.

I wouldn't say that MIchigan can take credit for developing Ryan Mallet into an NFL QB

I wouldn't say that MIchigan can take credit for developing Ryan Mallet into an NFL QB

Well, not much; but I think he was going to end up being an NFL QB whether he had stayed at Michigan, or had gone anywhere else.

Or very possibly, at Michigan, with the new system that was being brought in, his NFL prospects could have been diminished.

Which likely factored into why he left.

let's face it, Michigan hasn't been QB U for quite some time. There's been no QB that went into the NFL and started since Henne. His last season was the '07 debacle.

let's face it, Michigan hasn't been QB U for quite some time. There's been no QB that went into the NFL and started since Henne. His last season was the '07 debacle.

Exactly what I was getting to

You don't count Ryan Mallett?

He was the starting quarterback in three Michigan victories in 2007.
A lot of msu fans are counting nick foles as well, played for two years. He lost the backup job to cousins when Hoyer was a senior and knew he'd never play. The transfered to Arizona but was quoted as saying he loved msu and Dantonio, he just transferred because he had to. quite ironic that two guys battling for a job at msu face each other yesterday. also had smoker, banks, and miller all play in the NFL. That's 6 qbs in 20 years or so, not too bad. Cook may join them after this year based on projections. There not a Tom Brady in the bunch who's a superstar/how type but still impressive.

Last edited:
A lot of msu fans are counting nick foles as well, played for two years. He lost the backup job to cousins when Hoyer was a senior and knew he'd never play. The transfered to Arizona but was quoted as saying he loved msu and Dantonio, he just transferred because he had to. quite ironic that two guys battling for a job at msu face each other yesterday. also had smoker, banks, and miller all play in the NFL. That's 6 qbs in 20 years or so, not too bad. ...

No one cares.

Back