Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Another beer place in downtown

My cousins took my wife and me for beers at that place in the parking lot downtown
(is it the Hertler Brothers Home and Garden?) there that's only open (or was at the time) on weekends, just before we all met up with you and hungry at that place (Stony Point?) last fall.

Is that where this new place is going to be?

And if so, where are you going to park when you go to Hertler Brothers' for home and garden stuff?

My cousins took my wife and me for beers at that place in the parking lot downtown
(is it the Hertler Brothers Home and Garden?) there that's only open (or was at the time) on weekends, just before we all met up with you and hungry at that place (Stony Point?) last fall.

Is that where this new place is going to be?

And if so, where are you going to park when you go to Hertler Brothers' for home and garden stuff?

That is the beer garden at home and garden

This looks catty corner... I a, thinking it might be the old futon store across the street from fleetwood

we drove by it last year one of the times we were back in A2. downtown seems to have a lot of new hot spots like that

from the pictures, it looks a bit misnamed though, no?

"A grotto (Italian grotta and French "grotte") is any type of natural or artificial cave that is associated with modern, historic, or prehistoric use by humans. When it is not an artificial garden feature, a grotto is often a small cave near water and often flooded or liable to flood at high tide."

I don't see any caves or gardens; this just looks like regular trendy brew-pub.

I like grottos (real or artificial) and really like drinking in grottos. My two favorite places to drink in Ann Arbor were the basement of the Cavern Club (I think it's no longer there) and the grotto at Dominick's.

from the pictures, it looks a bit misnamed though, no?

"A grotto (Italian grotta and French "grotte") is any type of natural or artificial cave that is associated with modern, historic, or prehistoric use by humans. When it is not an artificial garden feature, a grotto is often a small cave near water and often flooded or liable to flood at high tide."

I don't see any caves or gardens; this just looks like regular trendy brew-pub.

I like grottos (real or artificial) and really like drinking in grottos. My two favorite places to drink in Ann Arbor were the basement of the Cavern Club (I think it's no longer click here) and the grotto at Dominick's.
Interesting!

So the Beer Grotto is replacing The Grotto? Seems like they are just rebranding a current business.

Back