Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Antoine Davis Detroit Mercy

Davis didn't break the record because he didn't score enough points in the games he played.

Not because he didn't play enough games.

Maravich played in 83 games.
Davis played in 144 games.

He was not cheated out of nothing. (sic).

Project Maravich's career PPG to 144 games = 6,300+ points.
Davis's career PPG projected to 83 games = 2,075 points.

What are we even talking about?

Last edited:
what a dumb kid.

If I ever see him whining about this on my TV, I'm gonna put a brick through it.

Just wrote a reminder on my hand "KEEP BRICK BY TV" so's I don't forget to put a brick by the couch just in case.

what a dumb kid.

If I ever see him whining about this on my TV, I'm gonna put a brick through it.

Just wrote a reminder on my hand "KEEP BRICK BY TV" so's I don't forget to put a brick by the couch just in case.

Apparently Davis heaved a few bricks himself during his career that cost him the record.

Apparently Davis heaved a few bricks himself during his career that cost him the record.

and against relatively weaker competition than Pistol Pete faced in his time.

But I digress. I'm just surprised this hasn't been dragged into the greater culture war. yet.

Project Maravich's career PPG to 144 games = 6,300+ points.
Davis's career PPG projected to 83 games = 2,075 points.

What are we even talking about?

Since Maravich was before my time, I thought I would do some research.

Maravich attempted 3166 shots in his 83 game career.

Davis attempted 2987 shots in his 144 game career.

If Davis would have been a chucker like Maravich, he would have scored 6,750 points

Since Maravich was before my time, I thought I would do some research.

Maravich attempted 3166 shots in his 83 game career.

Davis attempted 2987 shots in his 144 game career.

If Davis would have been a chucker like Maravich, he would have scored 6,750 points

Maravich was no "chucker"... he was a 6' 5" force to be reckoned with. He took that many shots because he could.

The question is why Davis couldn't, or didn't.

Maravich, IMO, along with Lew Alcindor, are two of the top-five CBB players of all time. BTW ... no three-point line when Maravich played. That's 588 extra-points for Davis.

Maravich was no "chucker"... he was a 6' 5" force to be reckoned with. He took that many shots because he could.

The question is why Davis couldn't, or didn't.

Maravich, IMO, along with Lew Alcindor, are two of the top-five CBB players of all time. BTW ... no three-point line when Maravich played. That's 588 extra-points for Davis.

I'm not saying that he wasn't good. But if he's taking 3x more shots than the next guy on the team, he's a chucker.

I'm not saying that he wasn't good. But if he's taking 3x more shots than the next guy on the team, he's a chucker.

He was a great shooter. So there's the answer. That was his role. He was also a great passer. Bird-worthy, maybe even better than him.

Maravich was a guy who comes along once. I consider him the way I consider Bobby Orr as a hockey player. Simply dominating.

https://youtu.be/llLIgEiUBC0

And he was born without a left coronary artery. It was discovered after he died on the basketball court playing a pickup game at age 40.

Also in the NBA HOF, some consider him a top-50 player in that league's history.

Back