Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

anybody else play Fortnite?

Michchamp

I avoided online gaming for the longest time, but last fall - at the threat of calling Child Protective Services - my kids finally got me to allow them to play online shit. And their teachers told me all the kids in the class DID play together (they weren't bullshitting me). Now, after watching them play it, I got hooked (it's like Goldeneye for the N64... but more and better...).

I avoided online gaming for the longest time, but last fall - at the threat of calling Child Protective Services - my kids finally got me to allow them to play online shit. And their teachers told me all the kids in the class DID play together (they weren't bullshitting me). Now, after watching them play it, I got hooked (it's like Goldeneye for the N64... but more and better...).

That there is some funny shit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B359hCC3HQU&pp=ygUQSXQncyBnb2xkLCBqZXJyeQ==

I play with my kids every now and then. My youngest and I are actually playing right now.

2 different systems, actually 3. My older son will play on pc, younger son on the Xbox and I will play on the switch downstairs while watching football.

2 different systems, actually 3. My older son will play on pc, younger son on the Xbox and I will play on the switch downstairs while watching football.

Now, is the threat of child protective services also part of your story?

ah. yeah, they've been telling me we need a 2nd system so we can play like that. split screen does suck and handicaps you.

We've struggled because my oldest is good, but has no tactics or sense of strategy. and he talks a lot of shit, and is super critical. Was not fun playing with him. But more recently the kids saw me get a victory royale on my own, and after repeatedly getting washed by better players, they started listening to me. even if my reflexes at age 40+ are not as quick as theirs...

I want to try tournaments next, but need the lady of the house to not be around. She doesn't approve. and is no fun.

I've found the game to be very "pyramid shaped" in terms of talent... the few at the top are unbelievably good... I can't imagine ever being THAT good at it. I assume those are like the freaks in custom gaming chairs, playing on $5000 computers with home wifi dedicated to gaming and nothing else.

I can usually beat everyone below that...

ah. yeah, they've been telling me we need a 2nd system so we can play like that. split screen does suck and handicaps you.

We've struggled because my oldest is good, but has no tactics or sense of strategy. and he talks a lot of shit, and is super critical. Was not fun playing with him. But more recently the kids saw me get a victory royale on my own, and after repeatedly getting washed by better players, they started listening to me. even if my reflexes at age 40+ are not as quick as theirs...

I want to try tournaments next, but need the lady of the house to not be around. She doesn't approve. and is no fun.

My kids are pretty good at it, if I die I just blame it on the Switch. My oldest is good and uses strategy but if you knockdown/die he?s not healing/rebooting you. So it?s frustrating playing with him especially when the 7yo is playing. The 7yo is good but just wants to eliminate everyone no matter what weapon he has he goes all in. I?m more just the medic and revive them and use the sniper rifle from a distance. Yeah their are definitely really good players that once they kill Mr I knew I didn?t have a chance.

My kids are pretty good at it, if I die I just blame it on the Switch. My oldest is good and uses strategy but if you knockdown/die he?s not healing/rebooting you. So it?s frustrating playing with him especially when the 7yo is playing. The 7yo is good but just wants to eliminate everyone no matter what weapon he has he goes all in. I?m more just the medic and revive them and use the sniper rifle from a distance. Yeah their are definitely really good players that once they kill Mr I knew I didn?t have a chance.

getting to know the map & have a couple starting locations & routines down is key.

my kids will just land and immediately start shooting, and I'm like "AH NO!"

in the latest release, killing one of the rich fucks and taking all their high-end weapons seems to be key to winning the end game. I'm trying to get better at that, but you have to not only contend with that task, but any other players trying to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Violent game for little children.

it is, but it's at least cartoonish... there's no blood, no corpses lying around, no dismemberment or anything like that.

And I talked to my oldest kid's teacher last year, and she confirmed that yes, all the kids in his class did play it together (including her own), and so I gave up. Gotta be somewhat realistic when it comes to peer pressure and fitting in.

I won't cave on cell phones though even though they want one. And it's surprising how many shitty parents there are out there, who just give preteens, or even younger kids their own phones and don't monitor or care about what they're viewing and how much time they're on it.

it is, but it's at least cartoonish... there's no blood, no corpses lying around, no dismemberment or anything like that.

And I talked to my oldest kid's teacher last year, and she confirmed that yes, all the kids in his class did play it together (including her own), and so I gave up. Gotta be somewhat realistic when it comes to peer pressure and fitting in.

I won't cave on cell phones though even though they want one. And it's surprising how many shitty parents there are out there, who just give preteens, or even younger kids their own phones and don't monitor or care about what they're viewing and how much time they're on it.

Yeah I wouldn?t let him play if it wasn?t cartoonish. I tell him it?s like paintball and say we are eliminating them not killing.

Back