Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Caitlin Clark collides with Ohio State fan

Cam

Cam’tn Crunch
Administrator
Nashville Sounds
Cleveland Cavaliers
Nashville Kats
Pittsburgh Steelers
Nashville Predators
Tampa Bay Rays
Nashville SC
Vanderbilt Commodores
Reigning national player of the year Caitlin Clark and an Ohio State fan inadvertently collided Sunday afternoon as Buckeyes fans stormed the court following the team's 100-92 upset in overtime over No. 2 Iowa.

Multiple videos posted by fans on social media show an Ohio State fan running toward a gathering crowd at half court and then crashing into Clark as she was running off the floor. Clark fell to the ground and was immediately surrounded by arena personnel and Iowa teammates to check on her. She appeared to be hunched over in pain as she walked into the tunnel.

Clark told reporters after the game that she just had the wind knocked out of her but that it was a "kind of scary" situation that could have been worse.

Source: https://www.espn.com/womens-college...itlin-clark-colliding-buckeyes-fan-kind-scary

Wasn't really much to the collision, but it's an example of why college sports shouldn't have the fans storming the court. As a fan, it's fun, but as a player, it's just not safe.

It?s basketball, she has to get 1 more flop in on the way to the locker room. I do agree they need to try harder and bigger punishments for storming the court or field.

It’s basketball, she has to get 1 more flop in on the way to the locker room. I do agree they need to try harder and bigger punishments for storming the court or field.

I thought it was funny. She collides with some random female fan. They both fall to the ground. The OSU fan just pops up and continues on her way. The "athlete" falls to the ground and acts like she was hit by a car. Flop until the end!

So who is this person? Any good?

she's supposed to be the best female college basketball player in the country. So go to your local high school and find the best player on the boys team...she's like him, but can't jump as high.

she's supposed to be the best female college basketball player in the country. So go to your local high school and find the best player on the boys team...she's like him, but can't jump as high.

Lol.

So who is this person? Any good?

She just became #2 all time in points scored in NCAA women’s basketball. Seldom can I bring myself to watch women’s college basketball, but she is an exception. She’s electric to watch, and she’s basically their entire offense. Seems like the game plan is always to just get her the ball.

She just became #2 all time in points scored in NCAA women’s basketball. Seldom can I bring myself to watch women’s college basketball, but she is an exception. She’s electric to watch, and she’s basically their entire offense. Seems like the game plan is always to just get her the ball.

Like Wilt?

OSU fans charge the court over a win in WOMEN’S hoops?

For the Love.

That’s embarrassing.

Like Wilt?

She's a guard. If I'm making a comparison, I'd probably compare her to Jimmer Fredette. Jimmer was an exciting player to watch, but he was their entire offense back then, and that only went so far. Will be the same story for her. Probably won't sniff the national championship game.

Wilt = Brittney Griner back when she was at Baylor. That was insane. Mark Cuban was talking like he was going to draft her in the NBA Draft for the Mavs.

She's a guard. If I'm making a comparison, I'd probably compare her to Jimmer Fredette. Jimmer was an exciting player to watch, but he was their entire offense back then, and that only went so far. Will be the same story for her. Probably won't sniff the national championship game.

Wilt = Brittney Griner back when she was at Baylor. That was insane. Mark Cuban was talking like he was going to draft her in the NBA Draft for the Mavs.

So Mordis - is Griner a dude or what?

So Mordis - is Griner a dude or what?

I assume you’re joking? Lol

I’d say she became a household name over that crap with her having drugs in Russia and getting stuck there for a while.

I assume you’re joking? Lol

I’d say she became a household name over that crap with her having drugs in Russia and getting stuck there for a while.

I am sort of..

She broke the women's all time scoring record tonight. Shot a three from right near the Iowa logo to do it.

Back