Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Caitlin Clark to forgo final year at Iowa, enter WNBA draft

Cam

Cam’tn Crunch
Administrator
Nashville Sounds
Cleveland Cavaliers
Nashville Kats
Pittsburgh Steelers
Nashville Predators
Tampa Bay Rays
Nashville SC
Vanderbilt Commodores
Iowa women's basketball star Caitlin Clark announced on social media Thursday that she will be finishing her college career this year and won't be coming back for a fifth season via the COVID-19 waiver.

Clark, who is projected as the WNBA's No. 1 pick by the Indiana Fever, broke the women's major college scoring record Wednesday with a 33-point performance at Minnesota. She has 3,650 points and is 17 from passing LSU's Pete Maravich, who holds the Division I overall record between men's and women's basketball with 3,667 points.

"While this season is far from over and we have a lot more goals to achieve, it will be my last one at Iowa," Clark wrote. "I am excited to be entering the 2024 WNBA Draft.

Source: Projected No. 1 pick Clark to enter WNBA draft

Not exactly surprising. She's guaranteed #1 overall in the WNBA Draft, and she will no doubt pass Pistol Pete in all-time NCAA points scored for both men and women.

She's primed for success in the professional league (hopefully). She broke records.

Reactions: Cam
She's primed for success in the professional league (hopefully). She broke records.

I can't say I watch WNBA at all, but I can definitely see myself watching her play with the Fever next year. Watching her is like watching Steph. It's fun.

She passed Pistol Pete earlier today. Officially the GOAT of college basketball! Just hope she gets a chip to go with that.

GOAT is a stretch. Men vs woman, 3pt vs no 3 point and a smaller ball. 4 years vs 3. Not even sure she's GOAT in woman's basketball.

GOAT is a stretch. Men vs woman, 3pt vs no 3 point and a smaller ball. 4 years vs 3. Not even sure she's GOAT in woman's basketball.

It could be a stretch. We'll see how her collegiate career is framed when it's all said and done.

She's on the Mount Rushmore at least.

It could be a stretch. We'll see how her collegiate career is framed when it's all said and done.

She's on the Mount Rushmore at least.
It's womans basketball though. They don't even guard - the men's game is like a defensive firestorm comparitively. You could put it mount rushmore of woman. That's fair.

I was having dinner at a sports bar last night and the first game of the women's final 4 was the only thing on. S.C. vs somebody. Those women are trash. I probably saw at least five 3 point attempts that were air balls. Terrible basketball.

No, she holds the record for most points in women's NCAA basketball. You can't pass a player in any league that you didn't participate in directly

Not sure what you’re arguing there. She is the all time points leader in NCAA basketball…. Regardless of gender.

Not sure what you’re arguing there. She is the all time points leader in NCAA basketball…. Regardless of gender.
You isn't actually. She has most points for woman, Pistol Pete has most for men. That's how it works. Regardless the way sports people want to say she's the greatest scorer ever in all college.

...3,921 points versus 3,667...

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

You isn't actually. She has most points for woman, Pistol Pete has most for men. That's how it works. Regardless the way sports people want to say she's the greatest scorer ever in all college.
Are those not both NCAA?

Either way, thankfully it's OK to stop caring about horrible women's basketball now

I'm arguing apple-cinder block. She didn't "pass" Maravich. She plays in a different league, and, besides, Maravich remains in a league of his own.

The GOAT was drafted #1 overall in the WNBA draft last night. She’ll be making less money now than she did in college, though I’m sure endorsements will more than make up for that.

Back