Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cats

tinselwolverine

Anyway, I loved it.

Huge fan already of ALW - since I was a teen - primarily from Superstar, and later Phantom - didn?t really know barely anything about Cats except the main song Memory, so I had no preconceived notions going in.

Music was fabulous - maybe not the level of Superstar or Phantom, but so what.

Cats is more of a dance musical than the other two, and the dance was spectacular.

Some big name celebs were involved, but lesser known stage performers pretty much carried the show - Francesca Hayward especially. I would love to meet her at a furry party in her Cats costume, but my understanding the costumes were pretty much digitized anyway. Oh well.

Some say the story is weak, but the story is the story it?s always been since the stage debut, from the adaptation of T.S. Elliot?s book of poems for kids - a literate person with some understanding of Elliot?s philosophy and perspective of existentialism and its application to the forces that motivate human interaction in a society might claim that it is not only reflected in the story but is fact the story?s theme - but I?m not one of those people so fuck people like that.

I haven't seen it, but I've heard that one of the digital changes someone had to make in the 11th hours before its release was to erase all the buttholes. I believe there were calls to release the 'butthole version' on twitter in the early days of lockdown.

Also, as a fan of ALW, never see Love Never Dies (Phantom 2: The Search for More Money.).

Last edited:
I haven't seen it, but I've heard that one of the digital changes someone had to make in the 11th hours before its release was to erase all the buttholes. I believe there were calls to release the 'butthole version' on twitter in the early days of lockdown.

Possibly the exposed buttholes weren?t subliminal enough for the grand subtextual purpose of musical theatre.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1bELRsOifYg

Possibly the exposed buttholes weren?t subliminal enough for the grand subtextual purpose of musical theatre.
Could be that's what they got wrong. I don't think I know of a single person that real likes that show other that you. Even then, I could chalk it up to undetectable sarcasm to keep the record of nobody liking Cats intact. (Not detecting sarcasm can be very useful.)

Could be that's what they got wrong. I don't think I know of a single person that real likes that show other that you. Even then, I could chalk it up to undetectable sarcasm to keep the record of nobody liking Cats intact. (Not detecting sarcasm can be very useful.)

A lot of people must?ve also liked Cats, it was on Broadway for I think a couple decades before I saw it.

Obviously also London?s west end, which we folks here across the pond don?t pay much attention to.

Taylor Swift?s British accent was pretty good.

A lot of people must?ve also liked Cats, it was on Broadway for I think a couple decades before I saw it.

Obviously also London?s west end, which we folks here across the pond don?t pay much attention to.

Taylor Swift?s British accent was pretty good.

I don't know. I've read about and believe a lot of things I haven't personally experienced, some religious, some news, some historic, some scientific...but I don't think I can buy into the idea that there are or ever were a lot of regular people that like that show.

I don't know. I've read about and believe a lot of things I haven't personally experienced, some religious, some news, some historic, some scientific...but I don't think I can buy into the idea that there are or ever were a lot of regular people that like that show.

Okay, so what?

Call it a cult classic then, because SOMEONE has been buying the tickets and filling the seats.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yMvbHr-HY-M

So Cats the musical doesn?t exist?

It?s a hoax?

Like, for example, a certain current W.H.O. declared global pandemic?
That's not exactly what I was thinking, but come to think of it, Season 4, episode 11 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt does propose that as a subplot point.

Back